shopping day

Hi all, went out for a walk this morning...buying shoes wasn't in my plans but came back home with 2 pairs of sandals and one of boots.

Simply I couldn't resist... :wink:

white leather and denim sandals by Frizzante.

Made in Italy

leather sole

11 cm pencil thin stiletto heel

size 39

price: Euro 21,80

Posted Image

Posted Image

white leather sandals by Frizzante

Made in Italy

leather sole

11 cm pencil thin stiletto heel

size 40

price: Euro 21,80

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Black suede knee high boots by Idea donna

Made in Italy

13 cm stiletto heel

size 41

price: Euro 42,50

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like....Steph

Fantastic finds, would love a pair of those boots for myself. I still mis Italy for the nice choice of classy heels. Chiao.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hi Trolldeg, Hiluc and High Surprise...yeah I've been lucky today. No the boots are in made made materials, they would cost a lot more if they were made of leather. Doesn't matter by the way, I like them and are really comfortable. Italy is definitely a good place to buy shoes and is not too far Hiluc...you can always come back for a visit. or could be the next destination for a Euro meet... Steph

Hi Trolldeg, Hiluc and High Surprise...yeah I've been lucky today.

No the boots are in made made materials, they would cost a lot more if they were made of leather. Doesn't matter by the way, I like them and are really comfortable.

Italy is definitely a good place to buy shoes and is not too far Hiluc...you can always come back for a visit. or could be the next destination for a Euro meet...

Steph

Hi Steph, I wouldn't mind having a heel meet in Italy. Got to fill the car to share costs or have somebody to drive me around after coming by Ryanair to Treviso.

The more I look at your boots, the more I wish they were mine. Could you tell me how roomy they are because I think my feet are slightly larger as yours as I usually need 40,5 to be completely at ease, and I know the Italian sizes run small. Does that store has another pair in 41 ? If roomy and available, could you get me a pair and send them by post to Belgium? Sorry for bothering but I'm hooked on those. Arrivederci, Highluc.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I like the boots a lot; but now isn't quite the right time of year for those. Maybe when it gets a bit cooler. They are nice and high, and really long in the leg. Superb. I would wear the leg tie sandals. Very nice. Good shopping trip. Glad you found some bargains.

hi all....I didn't really like the denim and white leather sandals, so I've turned them into mules. Just took about half an hour, a good cutter and some glue.

I think they look better now...

Steph

Posted Image

Nice pictures steph. Italy would be a good place for a heel meeting. Milan or Rome sounds tempting. Our next one is probably going to be in Paris though. The boots are very special. Were they bought in a normal street store? You don't often get 13cm heels like that in street fashion and the price was an excellent buy.

I wore them for a couple of hours on a friend's terrace for dinner, I've walked a lot as well helping her to prepare dinner, set the table and then wash the dishes and haven't had any problems.

you're perfectly right high surprise , the shoes italian women ( and sometimes men.... :wink::D:o ) buy and wear, are not the Italian shoes that can be found overseas. Very few (lucky) people can afford to pay US$ 500 for a pair of stylish shoes. What they buy are shoes inspired on that style but definitely cheaper. Yes, I've found those boots in a normal shop that sells the usual kind of shoes plus something more "risque". The brand is Idea donna and they produce very affordable shoes, some pretty classy and some less classy, with exagerated chunky heels and exagerated platforms. They come in sizes up to 43-44, expressely meant for the TG community. steph

OK...this is to answer Hiluc's question. I think we wear exactly the same size because a 40 1/2 would be the best fit for me. So the lenght of those boots would be ok for you as well but the point is how wide your feet are.

I have quite slim feet, ankle and calf and I was fighting a bit to get into the boots, once in I had quite some room for my toes to move a little.

they are tight on the ankle and the calf.

I attach a picture of me wearing a pair of platform sandals so you can see approximately how wide my feet are, and the dimension of my ankle and calf. If you have bigger than mine, then I'm sorry my friend you won't get into the boots. Note the platforms in the picture are size 39!

Anyway, if you're still interested, I can visit some shops I know they have that brand of shoes, looking for a 41 or a 42. I've seen the same boot in denim and it was fantastic, but they had not my number...otherwise that would have been my choice.

If you decide to take the risk, I would be pleased to buy and send the boots for you.

hope this answer your questions.

Steph

Posted Image

OK...this is to answer Hiluc's question. I think we wear exactly the same size because a 40 1/2 would be the best fit for me. So the lenght of those boots would be ok for you as well but the point is how wide your feet are.

I have quite slim feet, ankle and calf and I was fighting a bit to get into the boots, once in I had quite some room for my toes to move a little.

they are tight on the ankle and the calf.

Anyway, if you're still interested, I can visit some shops I know they have that brand of shoes, looking for a 41 or a 42. If you decide to take the risk, I would be pleased to buy and send the boots for you. hope this answer your questions. Steph

Hi Steph, this sounds very promissing. I also think I have narrow calves and ankles as you can compare by looking at a picture of my lower legs (in "oh horror" flat beach sandals)

Posted Image

I sometimes have problems with the slightly high upper arches of my feet to get into narrow boots if the zipper doesn't open wide enough at the bottom but I think your boots are stretch pull ons, is that correct? In this picture of my foot in a narrow Italian bought size 40 stretch boot you can see that little hump on top of my arch (and also my little toe pushing outward on the pointy toe box and how narrow my ankles and calves are).

Posted Image

Maybe you can also look on my website and find a shoe type or brand both of us have and check the size to compare with yours. With all the previous information, pictures and feel in your boots you should be able to guess what fits better for me, 41 or 42. I hope they still will have a pair in the store but I would much prefer the black ones instead of the jeans ones. If they have them, don't hesitate to buy them for me (either size as long as they might about fit), I'll send the money including shipping costs next week.

Gracia Mille, Luc

hello Hiluc, If you can get into the boots of the picture (size 40) then a 41 would fit. Yes they're stretch, no zipper. you'll have some problems (as I did) with the higher part of your arch, but once in they're very comfy. I've tried and walked in them with no socks or nylons, and they're still ok. Anyway I'll check your website again. I'll let you know if I find a black in 41, unfortunately I bought the last 41 at that store. I'll let you know what I find and at what price. Steph

Thanks for sharing your pics Steph.I really hope you're enjoying the new shoes,they look great and were priced well. Isn't it nice to get a bargain from time to time..

I also think the modified sandals look much better as mules, they should be perfect for those hot summer nights.

Like Hiluc, my favourites would also be the suede boots.....they are stunning!

If while out shopping for him you locate another pair in a size 41, please remember me..... I will buy them in a flash. :wink::D There are not alot of boots down here with that kind of heel hight and those look rather special.

regards,

jim

I'll let you know if I find a black in 41, unfortunately I bought the last 41 at that store. I'll let you know what I find and at what price. Steph

Thank you Steph, size 42 with socks would also be ok. I'm crossing my fingers you'll find another pair. Chiao Bella, Lucca

PS: At about the same price or even more go ahead and buy, I don't want to risk somebody else buying them while you await my answer.

Ok Hiluc...I'll go on monday looking for a size 42. Sorry all stores are closed on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know as soon as possible, is that all right for you my friend? And Jim, thanks for your reply, I won't forget you as well if I find a size 41 I'll tell you the price. steph

Ok Hiluc...I'll go on monday looking for a size 42. Sorry all stores are closed on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know as soon as possible, is that all right for you my friend?steph

That's ok Steph but don't expect an answer from me till tuesday evening because I'm attending an airshow and will stay at my parents place on the Belgian coast for a few days. Have a nice weekend, Luc.

Ok Hiluc...I'll go on monday looking for a size 42. Sorry all stores are closed on Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know as soon as possible, is that all right for you my friend? steph

Hi Steph, sorry to be impatient but it's tuesday evening already and .....bye, Luc

ps: bought new platform slides during the sales in Ostend yesterday, only 20 Euro and size 40

Posted Image

Sorry for bothering, hope you'll feel better soon, bye, Luc

More unusual shoes Luc. They look as if they fit very well in 40's.

Hi Firefox, Must be the age getting me skinnier. Last week the doctor measured me and I'm only 1m68, down 2cm from 2 years ago. Heels become a necessity instead of only a desire. As for the slides, they are available in a few colors and different styles, including sandals and are exactly 6-inch in the back and 2-inch at the flatform, making them very comfortable as I noted when I kept them on in the store and immediately wore them out from the store till my parents appartment about 2 miles away on the other side of the busy holiday ostend shopping streets.

Hello Luc and Jim, I went to 2 stores looking for the boots. Apparently they used to sell those boots 2 years ago, I've only found a size 35 and a 37. But they have in stock a similar style with the same heel but white or black patent. Unfortunately they're not very classy and much more expensive at Euro 92. I'm so sorry guys... I'll keep on looking around and If I find the boots I'll let you know. Steph