Toronto Heel/Boot Meet - May 21/2010

iloveboots

Hello Everyone!! Here are the details for the Heel/Boot Meet, Friday, May 21 in Toronto

Everyone is welcome to join and participate at any part of the evening.

Please confirm if you are attending (as we will book a couple of tables at the Pub, this worked really well on May 7) and what venues. Also, if you can send along your coordinates, ie cell phone number.

My contact info is:

will send in PM to those attending

or at the Hotel Isabella at my room under my name 416 922-2203

David

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ONE - MEET/CHANGE

Isabella Hotel

www.isabellahotel.com

556 Sherbourne Street

Toronto, ON M4X 1L3

(416) 922-2203

Heure : between 6pm and 7:00 pm - David's room, can change in the room if you like, it is a 10 minute walk to The Firkin Churchmouse Pub.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

TWO - DINNER/PUB

Heure : 7:30pm

The Firkin Churchmouse Pub has a commitment to great pub food, friendly service in a cozy atmosphere and the Churchmouse is no exception. Opening in June of 2004 they have established themselves as a leading spot for dinner, lunch, brunch or just a quiet drink. All your pub favorites are available on their large menu including chef's chicken curry, guinness steak and mushroom pie and the home-made burgers! They also have 12 beers on tap with their own Butler's Pale Ale emerging as a top microbrew. The Churchmouse staff will make you feel welcome and 'at home' each visit and you will soon see why their devoted patrons return day after day.

The staff at the Pub are very familiar with us (this is the 4th Meet here); there are no surprises to them and they eagerly enjoy seeing the great Heels and Boots. When you arrive check with the 2nd floor door host (Steve) who will know where we are; under the name "David and/or Boots"

The Churchmouse and Firkin also play an important part in the community sponsoring the monthly 'leather brunch' and this year were lucky enough to have sponsored the winner of the MLT competition.

Type: International / Global, Pub

Features: Daily Specials, Group Functions, Open Late Hours

Extras: Patio

Region: Downtown Toronto

Area:Church Street

Nearest Subway: Wellesley

Major Intersection: Maitland St. / Church St.- 475 Church St.

Toronto, ON. Parking lot across the street southbound Church.

M4Y 2C5

Payment: Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Bank Cards

Price Range: $$$$

Atmosphere: Casual

Attire: High Heels and Boots

________________________________________________________________________________________________

THREE - CLUB

Heure : 9 pm

George's Play - Toronto Canada

Play On Church. Come and Play!

Friday 7pm -9pm - Michelle Ross

Friday 9pm -11pm - Chris Edwards

Friday 11pm -close - Latin Fever

www.playonchurch.com/

George's Play on Church 504 Church Street

M4Y 2C8 Toronto

416 963-8251

It is right across the street from The Firkin Churchmouse Pub

Type: Lounge

Features: Resto Bar

Area: Church Street

Major Intersection: Wellesley St. / Church St.

Parking lot southbound Church just south of Maitland, on right

Payment: Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Diner's Club, Bank Cards

reviews:

8/14/2008

A good place to end the night!!

I love this place. This is where I usually like to end up before closing time.

The place is not too big inside, but it works. There is a seating area near the entrance, close to the bar, if you really don't want to be in the crowd near the dance floor. It gets packed on the weekends, and so pickings may be slim. But if you are with a group or so forth, stay close to this spot, plus its close to the bathrooms downstairs.

The bar area is a long space. The end closer to the dance floor can get a little crowded and so that doesn't leave much room for ordering without bumping into people.

I love the dance area since when it gets crowded, its lots of fun, There is a small stage that lots of people go up and dance on. Looks really hot, if you can actually dance, but if not, think again.

I love this place because the music is so diverse. One minute they are playing hip hop and then they could be playing arabic or latin music the next. People are friendly and non pretentious. The bartenders are up to snuff and the drinks are pretty strong. I recommend getting a pitcher or so to share at "last call. " Just drag that shit around with you, and you are all good for a while. Haha, it works for me all the time.

In the week, this unpretentious bar draws an older crowd with its catchy '80s-heavy tunes. On the weekend, there are Latin nights with lots of drag, dancing and hip-swivelling enthusiasm

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Update on Toronto Heel/Boot Meet, May 21, 2010

To date we have the following nine members who have indicated they will be attending:

iloveboots

W6ish and Mrs W6ish

VanYYZ and Mrs VanYYZ

PauldeMarsh

Jackie

Joe and Mrs Joe

Hello Everyone!! Here are the details for the Heel/Boot Meet, Friday, May 21 in Toronto

Everyone is welcome to join and participate at any part of the evening.

Please confirm if you are attending (as we will book a couple of tables at the Pub, this worked really well on May 7) and what venues. Also, if you can send along your coordinates, ie cell phone number.

My contact info is:

will send in PM to those attending

or at the Hotel Isabella at my room under my name 416 922-2203

David

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ONE - MEET/CHANGE

Isabella Hotel

www.isabellahotel.com

556 Sherbourne Street

Toronto, ON M4X 1L3

(416) 922-2203

Heure : between 6pm and 7:00 pm - David's room, can change in the room if you like, it is a 10 minute walk to The Firkin Churchmouse Pub.

TWO - DINNER/PUB

Heure : 7:30pm

The Firkin Churchmouse Pub has a commitment to great pub food, friendly service in a cozy atmosphere and the Churchmouse is no exception. Opening in June of 2004 they have established themselves as a leading spot for dinner, lunch, brunch or just a quiet drink. All your pub favorites are available on their large menu including chef's chicken curry, guinness steak and mushroom pie and the home-made burgers! They also have 12 beers on tap with their own Butler's Pale Ale emerging as a top microbrew. The Churchmouse staff will make you feel welcome and 'at home' each visit and you will soon see why their devoted patrons return day after day.

The staff at the Pub are very familiar with us (this is the 4th Meet here); there are no surprises to them and they eagerly enjoy seeing the great Heels and Boots. When you arrive check with the 2nd floor door host (Steve) who will know where we are; under the name "David and/or Boots"

The Churchmouse and Firkin also play an important part in the community sponsoring the monthly 'leather brunch' and this year were lucky enough to have sponsored the winner of the MLT competition.

Type: International / Global, Pub

Features: Daily Specials, Group Functions, Open Late Hours

Extras: Patio

Area:Church Street

Major Intersection: Maitland St. / Church St.- 475 Church St.

Toronto, ON. Parking lot across the street southbound Church.

M4Y 2C5

Payment: Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Bank Cards

THREE - CLUB

Heure : 9 pm

George's Play - Toronto Canada

Play On Church. Come and Play!

Friday 7pm -9pm - Michelle Ross

Friday 9pm -11pm - Chris Edwards

Friday 11pm -close - Latin Fever

www.playonchurch.com/

George's Play on Church 504 Church Street

M4Y 2C8 Toronto

416 963-8251

It is right across the street from The Firkin Churchmouse Pub

Type: Lounge

Features: Resto Bar

Area: Church Street

Major Intersection: Wellesley St. / Church St.

Parking lot southbound Church just south of Maitland, on right

Payment: Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Diner's Club, Bank Cards

reviews:

8/14/2008

A good place to end the night!!

I love this place. This is where I usually like to end up before closing time.

The place is not too big inside, but it works. There is a seating area near the entrance, close to the bar, if you really don't want to be in the crowd near the dance floor. It gets packed on the weekends, and so pickings may be slim. But if you are with a group or so forth, stay close to this spot, plus its close to the bathrooms downstairs.

The bar area is a long space. The end closer to the dance floor can get a little crowded and so that doesn't leave much room for ordering without bumping into people.

I love the dance area since when it gets crowded, its lots of fun, There is a small stage that lots of people go up and dance on. Looks really hot, if you can actually dance, but if not, think again.

I love this place because the music is so diverse. One minute they are playing hip hop and then they could be playing arabic or latin music the next. People are friendly and non pretentious. The bartenders are up to snuff and the drinks are pretty strong. I recommend getting a pitcher or so to share at "last call. " Just drag that shit around with you, and you are all good for a while. Haha, it works for me all the time.

In the week, this unpretentious bar draws an older crowd with its catchy '80s-heavy tunes. On the weekend, there are Latin nights with lots of drag, dancing and hip-swivelling enthusiasm

• 1 month later...

Hello to all: Sorry I missed this one. I travel to Toronto for business and would love to be part of one of these meets. Do you have any more dates in the future. I love to wear high heels and have many pairs to choose from. Let me know Bernheels

Thank you for the questions.

The evening starts with a pub meet and afterwards there are a couple of clubs in the same block as the Pub that we end up at. For those from out of town we also get together in the afternoon for some "heel shopping", there are great shops in downtown Toronto.

There are a couple of hotels that start at $99 a night int he area.

We will have more details int he next few weeks posted, ie hotels, location, times.

And, "What's a gurl to wear"? Anything you wish, there are no rules.

Hope to see you in September,

David

I will log that date in! Where do you go? Where is everyone staying? What's a gurl to wear? :wave: Thanks for the update

Regarding the heel meet in Toronto coming up in September, (Friday, Sept 10/2010 to be exact), thanks to the kind invite from iloveboots I am thinking of doing this...and making it into a road trip. I think I will be alone to start, so if anyone along or near my projected route is interested in joining me, I would be glad to pick you up along the way. I would be starting out in Winnipeg, the passing though: Kenora Thunder Bay Sault Ste Marie Sudbury Barrie I wouldn't mind deviating somewhat from that route to accommodate anyone who is interested but not exactly on that projected route. Please contact me or reply here if interested.

Great idea on the road trip and can't wait to greet you on your arrival in Toronto for the Meet! We have a few HHPlace members on your route and some also attend the Toronto meets, hope they connect with you. may be a way also to have some company on a portion of your trip.

*hugs*

David & Cathy

Regarding the heel meet in Toronto coming up in September, (Friday, Sept 10/2010 to be exact), thanks to the kind invite from iloveboots I am thinking of doing this...and making it into a road trip. I think I will be alone to start, so if anyone along or near my projected route is interested in joining me, I would be glad to pick you up along the way. I would be starting out in Winnipeg, the passing though:

Kenora

Thunder Bay

Sault Ste Marie

Sudbury

Barrie

I wouldn't mind deviating somewhat from that route to accommodate anyone who is interested but not exactly on that projected route. Please contact me or reply here if interested.

We have received many comments/questions regarding the upcoming High Heel/Boot Meet in Toronto in September. With the interest we have received we will be making this a two day, Friday & Saturday Meet, Sept 10 & 11; with events both nights as well as a Saturday shopping day. If you think you would be interested in joining us all write to us (PM - iloveboots). We are arranging a special hotel location with a special rate for the event, a small hotel that is very accepting of heels. Hope to see some out of towners at the Toronto Meet! David & Cathy

That's awesome Bern. Have just PM'd you the hotel info. Will post the evening itinerary as well as the Saturday shopping day schedule in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

David

Sounds exciting! I will be there and will send you a PM. Can't wait.

Bernheels

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to TO in September. Flights inside Canada are way too expensive and I'm currently saving up. However, I've decided to move to Vancouver in about a years time once I get a few things done (I'd move tomorrow if I could). When that happens, meeting there would be MUCH easier.

Awesome! We usually have 2 to 3 meets each year in Vancouver and a small group that gets together each time. Look forward to having you join us.

David

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to TO in September. Flights inside Canada are way too expensive and I'm currently saving up.

However, I've decided to move to Vancouver in about a years time once I get a few things done (I'd move tomorrow if I could). When that happens, meeting there would be MUCH easier.