Chastity Bono is now a Man

Sonny and Cher's daughter, Chastity, has had a sex change operation and is now legally a man.

Article says:

Cher's offspring Chaz Bono is officially a man after he changed his name and gender in court yesterday.

Bono, who was born a girl named Chastity, is now legally recognised as a male, a year after undergoing a sex change.

The 41-year-old, whose father was the late singer and politician Sonny Bono, beamed with happiness as he left Santa Monica courthouse.

Read more:Chaz Bono

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wish him well and hope he can find the happiness life has to offer now that he can view his future through a different perspective.

I agree with this wish for him. Chaz is a very well spoken, articulate individual. I always admired the composure exhibited in interviews concerning this subject and other personal thoughts.

I saw this out of the corner of my eye at the top of the Forum...and I thought...NOO...you're kidding me right?

Well Goodness Me it's true!

I wish anyone well when they choose this path in their life. It takes immense courage and faith for anyone to change gender...all power to him!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It takes a lot of courage and conviction!

One of my Ex's family changed, male to female, met only twice, before and after, although I cannot remember the person pre change due to meeting so many members of a prospective new family (50+ new faces and names) sorry.

The second time was about 4-5 years post on 2-3 post op.

Wow! looked perfect! good figure, hands feet etc all in perfect match! 100%

only let down was she was very nervous, chain smoking and looking edgy.

I'm sure some would (and they have) asked the big question re: dating "would you? could you. - read the para above and the answer is there.

I probably will never meet her again (it's 20-25 years now) so in absence I have and still wish her well.

And for those who may be going that direction what is paramount is SUPPORT! family and friends, the people you will be living with, your social group must be strong and understanding TOTALLY without that it becomes painfully hard and lonely.

Al