bent high heels

while walking in a pair of new highheels sued open toe sling back the wide heel folded back under the sole and cut into my left foot "bugger it" now I have a sore foot for my efforts I went back to the shop to complain about it .shoes only one day old and all i got was a terse reply :wink: "not happy jan" so now you know beware of high heels some times they bite back john wethh

That sounds like a really bad experience. I'd go so far as to say "ouch"! Surely you at least got a full refund?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

That is a "bummer"! Yes, sometime it's easier, safer and cheaper to just wear the box they came in. :rofl: Careful of Plats, too. People have been known to fall off of them... I sure hope the merchant that sold them to you made restitution (restituded you? :wink: ) They should -- and, in full!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's excellent. It's good to see manfacturers and sellers treating their customers properly. Who did you buy them from? They sound like a place to trust.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think they would make the hollow tube insert from tin. Tin is used as a thin coating on steel to protect it from corossion. It's possible the inserts you refer to were made from a low grade of mild steel which could have half the tensile strength of high yeild steel.

I am very particular with my high heels. I always make sure that the stiletto heel is perpendicular to the ground. I have seen too many high heels sold where the stiletto heel was bent inward or outward. From my past experiences, it seems that those with the heel bent inward requires less pressure before the heel collapses. I suspect this might be the reason why wethheel's heel collapsed.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 7 months later...

in response to the bent heels thing,

Over a month ago i deceided to buy some superarch pumps because i really liked the shape and they were cheap.

but unfortunatley afer a few wears inside the house on tiled floors the heel bent inwards very badly i tried to bend it back which was very easy but this made it weaker so i snapped to heel off deliberately to see what was inside and was farely shocked to discover a hollow steel pin that had no strength whatsoever.

I did kind of guess that because they were made in china and were cheap they wouldnt of been the best quality (I brough a cheap air-rifle made in china a few years back and sliced my finger on a burr).

when i recieved them i did notice that one of the heels wasnt exactly strait and there was a small crease at around that point (im a bit of a perfectionist) (also they were opened by customs)

When i emailed the guy at orientvisual he told me that there were no defects when they were shipped and that you are surposed to walk on the balls of your foot because repeated force on the heel will cause it to give way.

and that i could send it back to be repaired at a cost of 50 dollars or get a new one at 65 dollars

as you can see from the pics the metal shaft end looks like it has a polymer materal in hte centre but when i broke the shaft off at the bend (I think you can just about see it in the pic?) the tube was completely hollow.

i also think a contributing factor was the heel tip, made out of a very soft plastic, this wore down very quicky on the heel arch side causeing the heel to bend in

well i know it was nothing that i did and definately defective workmanship so i will never be dealing with them again. I can only suggest that you buy from them with caution and that they use solid metal pins and metal heel tips in future!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, I've bent several, even though I'm a relative lightweight. When they're bent, I usually make sure they're "damn well bent" before walking into the shoe store wearing their "defective product." They'll usually argue for a direct line replacement, against which I'll argue that if that line was improperly engineered, manufactured, I want a replacement from a different line! 95% have been ameniable to my terms. Good luck with yours!