Hello

Hello, Well, I have checked out the forums here a couple times over the last few months and it seems like this is a pretty cool place. I finally had a few spare minutes so I decided to join. I am a guy from Phoenix, Arizona, USA and I am 28 years old. I have been a shoe aficionado for at least 18 of those years. I do mechanical design for a living and I enjoy flying and outdoors type stuff in my spare time. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of this community. :wink: AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Hi "AZN"! Welcome! Nice to have your here. I'm sure you'll find more than one person that shares at least one of your interests besides shoes. More than one pilot here, too. So, speak out -- there's a thread somewhere in this maze for any subject you wish to post about.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi AZN......Welcome aboard! :wink::D As of 12:53:09 on 7/06//03, there were: 291,428,337 citizens residing in the good 'ol US of A. That being the case, how come there are not more of y'all here ? jim

Hi, AZN, Here you will find a lot of people to share your interests with. Greetings from the other side of the (right) pond. BTW, I am realising there is a lot of technical-oriented guys here (mechanics, engineers, etc.) sharing this common interest. Interesting to notice, provided this used to be a typically macho-minded orientation. Just another proof of how stupid and silly stereotypes are !. Well, take fun of this aficion, my dear aficionado !

Hello, Thanks for the warm welcome. I think that this place is going to be really cool. As for why there are not more people from the US posting here, I am not sure. In my neck of the woods (or cactus) people do not typically celebrate their unique qualities. I think that most of the locals fear anything that makes them different. If that exists across the nation then I can see why there are not more people from the US here. As for me, I really think that this interest is pretty cool. I think that we have a gift that most guys don't get to experience. This forum is just what we need. So, I am looking forward to many more posts and some good discussions. :wink: AZShoeNut

AZ hi, You may get more than you bargained for by joining this board :wink: I have that's for sure :D Look forward to reading more about you. Julie x

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

AZ hi,

You may get more than you bargained for by joining this board :D I have that's for sure :o

Look forward to reading more about you.

Julie x

Oddly enough, I've found more than I'd have believed possible here too :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 weeks later...

AZShoeNut, Good to see there are others in the Phoenix area into heels. You are not alone in this neck of the desert. I'm a regular guy who enjoys being a booted dominant in my spare time. I also enjoy good conversation with good people. Take care.

You know there is a least another guy in AZ that has to be into this as well. (lots more I'm sure) I was headed out Canyon Lake way for some camping. I decided to stop at Superstition Springs Mall to score a pair of shoes for the trip. When Payless and the other shoe stores held nothing worth buying I stopped at one of the better stores like Macy's or something like that. Man, the clerk took a lot of interest. Tried to find a better place to sit so I would not be disturbed while trying on pairs. And, when nothing was found in my size he got me information on a Tucson mail order company. I think that he found the experience more exciting that I did. :lol: AZShoeNut

I think some clerks know that is not all that "easy" for a guy to buy shoes in the women's department. I guess some of the more helpful ones therefore go the extra mile. I have gotten quite a few of really friendly store people, mostly women though. But also a few guys.