Living to work or working to live?

Do you live to work or work to live  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live to work or work to live

• I work to live
    • I live to work

Do you live to work or work to live? I'd say i work to live. I'm in a pretty good job, however I hate every minute of it, looking to change for something else in the near future. I currently hate every minute of my current job, and am looking for a change. A lot of people say you need a job to keep you going. However there is so much I want to do, so many challenges I could set my self. However back to working life for me.

Thats a difficult one to answer as it is just something I do, it is part of my lifestyle. I work mainly for myself although in the end it is for my customers, I kind of work to do something for them, the money comes in handy to pay the bills, but I dont do a 9-5 job, the hours are longer than that, but it does not matter. I would have to be an inbetweener on this one.

The angels have the phonebox.

I admit you need something in your life. If i was to come into a lot of money I would quit my job as one of my first tasks. I'd go and do a lot of the stuff I want to do. When I'm ready I'll do volunteer/charity work. I guess this puts me more in the middle, however a lot of the "work" i'd like to do tends to pay to low you can't live off it. I guess I mostly hate being stuck inside all day.

Given the unstable state of the economies of most of the countries of the world, I believe that anyone that has a job right now is lucky. Should one want to change jobs or vocations, it might be wise to put the move off until economies recover. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i don't think many peeps would live to work. Just about everyone i know hates their jobs :) Like someone else mentioned, if i came into money, i'm out....no more work. Not sure about charity either...i'd travel, pay off my debts. Maybe get hooked on world of warcraft again...(my wife would kill me). I'd really like the time to do some self improvement...learn some languages or something...chinese, korean, japanese..like to at least be fluent in one of those. Eh, but as it is, i loathe my job.

I work to live...or maybe even, work lives me. I work at a small IT company and the management takes on projects that are a little larger than we can handle. So i have to work my ass off to get things done. Weeks of 55-60 hours aren't uncommon. And this doesn't combine well with my personality.

Both... I live to work because of my lack of a female companion, and that my social life seems non-existant... Work fills the void a little...I'm lucky I have the work to do and that I stay busy about 60+ hours a week...and the $ is nice...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I guess that maks me the odd one out. I live to work. I work in the construction industry & I've been to places that I most probably wouldn't have if I worked in most other jobs. The hours can be bad, minimum 55 hours a week, alot more if things are going badly. The weather can also be a problem, anything from extreme heat to very cold and everything in between. But these are the only 2 negatives, and they're not permanent. The work is mentally & physically challenging, and very satisfying to see something starting from nothing and ending up with the final product.

I work to live...or maybe even, work lives me. I work at a small IT company and the management takes on projects that are a little larger than we can handle. So i have to work my ass off to get things done. Weeks of 55-60 hours aren't uncommon. And this doesn't combine well with my personality.

WOW that sounds familiar. Management at my work doesn't understand the technical aspects of what we do, so they expect a month's worth of work to be completed in a week!

I could say I live to work... I'm a musician for a living (still a student, the big work has yet to come hopefully) and I absolutely love it! Meeting nice people, getting in some nice places, and of course the music itself :)

I live to work at the moment. I am stuck at home with online courses otherwise. I just got my first job monday. It's on a volunteer basis but at least it's experience! I absolutely love it! I work at a veterinary office as a volunteer surgical assistant. I do everything from scooping poop to helping with surgeries. (The poop is NOT the part I love) But the fact that I get to help animals is great. No I'm not an animal rights activist, I just think that they need medical attention too.

I work to live. I am not a workaholic. I do enjoy my job and I want completion and closure on all of my assignments. Some might interpret that as being a workaholic. I enjoy work, but when the workday is through, ienjoy my time and activities away from work that I am able to enjoy because I do work.

Personally I have several things planed out during evenings after work. I hate being stuck in an office (in the summer & Winter). Every minute of my work I'm wishing I could be somewhere else. (I work in IT providing services for my clients.) At my last job, I didn't enjoy it, however I didn't hate it either. I just didn't get on with one of the directors (the reason I left). I love being outside. It's a shame I can't find a job that i can access that pays well enough.

Haha, I put down "I work to live". I think most of us do to earn a living. Otherwise, who wants to work? I suppose if I had a fun job that I truly enjoy, then it would be different.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

One of my friends is a producer and he lives to work. My Brother works in a Bank and one of his co-workers is a millionaire. I work with a guy, and while he works to live, he said even if he came into millions he would still work, at least part time, and picking and choosing what he wants to do. I think its the more "fun" jobs where people live to work, and it seems a lot of them are in the media & Film.

For 32 years I worked to live to get my benefits so that when I retired I could live to work. I have a part time job at the Science Center running the Miniature Railroad and Village. Fun days now. Now thats retirement. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I didn't vote because I mostly live and seldom work. I work sometimes to exercise my brain cells or for a bit of a challenge. I don't live to work nor do I work to live. You should have a "work to amuse yourself" option.