Boots in summer

miltboot

As a boots-only person, I was wondering if there was anyone else who wears boots year-round. Here in Texas we have dreadfully hot summers, and all that leather gets rather uncomfortable when it's 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit. LOL

Miltboot:-) I have been known to wear knee high boots all year around and it may not get as hot here as in Texas, but we have several days over 90 degrees in our Summer season. This also means that it may also be very humid. I always wear pantyhose under my boots and this helps to keep my legs and feet dry and comfortable all day long no matter the temperatures. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I wear knee and ankle-hi boots all the time when there isn't snow and yuck on the ground. To me there is no season that is a "no boots" season. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I agree with the others. Its always boot weather. I have several pair of regular heels but it always seems to be boots that end up on my feet. It dosen't matter what the temp is.

well now for me, it always depends entirely on the weather in summer so I tend to "play it by ear" as far as it being comfortable or not-I take each day as it comes.:)

As a boots-only person, I was wondering if there was anyone else who wears boots year-round. Here in Texas we have dreadfully hot summers, and all that leather gets rather uncomfortable when it's 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit. LOL

Stevie Nicks does.

Cause I wear boots all summer long

The angels have the phonebox.

To your point, I only have two pairs of shoes, the rest are boots so unless it is really hot outside, boots all year long. To be fair my winter warm boots get a rest during the summer. long boots with shorts will get you some funny looks and removes the point of wearing shorts in the first place.

The angels have the phonebox.

I could probably limit my boot wearing to the evening hours, to avoid the heat. I'll be a boot lover, regardless. Will STILL look forward to the winter weather, though. :)

miltboot-

I have always wanted to wear my cowboy boots in summer, but cannot bear it in hot and humid weather. I once visited Galveston, Texas, USA (beach town)on a passage to a cruise in Mexico, but it was hot and humid. Only saw one pair of cowboy boots on a man. But everyone else was in sandals, flip flops and comfortable shoes. But it is my dream to return to Texas and wear my Western Ranch boots.

How do you folks in Texas, USA do it? I could not even see myself doing it at night unless the temperature was below 70 degrees.

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to wear boots in the summer, especially here in the northeast as our summers are brutally H-O-T!!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to wear boots in the summer, especially here in the northeast as our summers are brutally H-O-T!!!

Then you understand my dilemma, JeffB. Texas summers are MORE than brutal. LETHAL would be a more appropriate term. Lol

The learned Dr is right. I live by the sea but I do not own any sandals. I wore boots last summer in France when it was 30C [85F for the colonials] and was quite comfortable. I was wearing a kilt or skirt. I think it would have been less comfortable in trousers.

• 5 weeks later...

I suppose if you want to wear boots in the summer, that is your perogative. We have very hot summers where I live and very cold winters. I myself enjoy wearing boots in the winter as opposed to the summer.

I've never gotten into sandals and tend to stay with boots for summer and winter here in south Florida. I do tend to keep the insulated boots more for winter wear though. My leather ankle boots are less hot then my normal work boots so they are more then fine for me.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I am not really a boot person, though I do have several pair as staples of my shoe wardrobe. My thought is this...if you are a man wearing heels, you are already pretty much the exception to many fashion rules, so if you can take the heat, love your boots, make them work for you...

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 month later...

I wear them all year long in Kansas! 100+ in the summer here!:wave: No Problem! I lived in Phoenix growing up and grew up wearing cowboy boots there all year long! And I have seen days there that were 125 in the shade! No Problem!:)

well, its the same for me yyz, I happen to live west of you in southern calif (south orange county to be exact) so I'm able to wear boots any time I like (provided I'm indoors like @ the mall or library maybe) either that or around the house.:wave:

Demoniaplatforms, what taught me that you could wear them in any weather any time was the growing up in Phoenix! You would think that the leather would be hotter than say canvas? But it actual insulates you from the heat instead. It seems them old time Cowboys were some pretty smart guys after all! Plus I love the feel of the Leather way to much to quite for the Summer!:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I am a boot lover mostly, can wear boots year round in this part of Canada and do so, in the winter it can be almost not enough insulation for regular leather boots, with lots of snow and cold temps got dig out my shearling lined boots that helps. Summer can be hot as well, 35c/95F ish, that for a cooler climate guy is just to warm. I agree that with you YYZ, you adjust your body systems to be accepting of warmer temps or colder ones. I work outside year round so boots come naturally to me as the choice. With that said I do try to wear sandals and shoes just change and interest in doing so. Plus going on vacation to a tropical destination, boots and a speedo is a bit out there while on a white sand beach, oh the visual is not pretty...... Mtnsofheels

Plus going on vacation to a tropical destination, boots and a speedo is a bit out there while on a white sand beach, oh the visual is not pretty......

Mtnsofheels

I have to totally agree with you also and I have some wonderful Nike Winter Hi 3 Premium Boots! In Both of these colors!

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Womens-Winter-Hi-Premium/dp/B001MW57QW

They Are SO AWESOME in the Snow and Cold!:wave:

But I totally agree about Boots on the beach in say Hawaii....

That would be well as you said Not pretty at al!!:)

Well, pretty much was born on a horse and grew up riding them. So my newfound love of high heel cowboy boots is pretty easy. I found two awesome pairs of boots.... that were from last years collections... boooo Also, I may not like jessica simpson as an actor, but she really hits high heel cowboy boots to a t. http://www.jessicasimpsonboots.net/alan/ The alan boot looked like I would have bought about 3 pair because i'd be wearing them daily. Wonder if I could get something close custom made, with tips on the front etc...

But I've been liking the bootie/ankle boots too, less hassle to get on/off. So is it bad that after only a month or so of trying this I'm getting to the point that a 4" heel seems "normal" to wear, and anything less seems like its almost not there? I've been wearing heels after work pretty much nonstop. I'm at the point I really don't notice they are on.

Also, for the guys that started wearing their shoes to work and whatnot, did you just go for wearing ever increasing heeled shoes or what? I have been buying jeans with a fairly long inseam that can actually fully hide the heels. Though the guys I've known for years will probably wonder how my height shot up 4+ inches overnight. They already think I'm weird for having some argyle socks that include pink on them :wave:. I bought those from the mens department in macys, so I already have the tag of oddity dresser for socks alone. Needless to say, dressing up isn't a huge issue where I work.

Just enjoying wearing heels, sadly after a month nobody has said a positive or negative comment to me about them. I've some thick skin and wanted to hear some negative responses so I could get that out of the way.