New video of ballet shoe walking...

Strawberry

I've never tried ballets but that has intrigued me. Another wow.

I am fortunate to have tried them and it went really fine. I could walk in all of them but the Oxford style with steelreinforced sole was really great. They were almost comfortable and looked sooo nice on my feet. I have ordered a pair from punitiveshoes now - the Wanda model - so we will see what they are like and if I can walk in them too..

Superb video. The girl in the shopping trip video is a little unsure of herslf, but does really well. In the other video, for the Rocky horror show, the model is very confident and agile in them. I am certainly very impressed with that.

Now that is one accomplished ballet walker!

Talking of being accomplished in the very fine and delightful art, I have just ordered a pair of toe cushions from http://www.blicker-schuhe.de/ . My god what a difference they make! I've tried a number of home made "cushions" but they were nothing compared to these. They are just a 5mm cotton coated foam "toe sock" with a small plug of dense foam in the bottom. I thought they would shorten the amount of room in the boots, my feet are already well compressed into them, but they are perfect.

I had been thinking of giving up :wink: because I wasn't enjoying wearing my current pair but this has changed that completely. I'll now be more likely to be seen wearing them.

All the best

Big D

• 2 weeks later...

High surprise: toe cushions for ballet boots (or ballet dancers pointe shoes) help protect the toes themselves by keeping your weight from focusing directly on the tips of your toes and the skin. Even on well fitting boots the way your feet are pushed to the end of the boot on every step can cause serious damage quickly if you do not take steps to protect yourself. Remember, ballet boots are not ment for walking around in, if you do you are putting yourself at some risk of injury, either imediate such as breaking your ankle or long term such as problems with your toes. While it may be fun to fantasize about being stuck in ballet heels permanently it is not physically possible. (damn) Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Definatly, I do enjoy spending quality time locked into my boots, although the padding for extended wear while off your feet differ from padding for extended time trying to walk or stand. The longest I've spent standing in my qualifetish thigh highs is about an hour (a little rope was involved), and I will say that I was a bit helpless when it came time to lower back down. The longest I've ever wandered around before I -had- to sit down was about 20 minutes.. and the last five minutes was not very active. Although having just seen again a statement on a website that it's imposible to walk down stairs in ballet heels I would like to say that is not true.. it's just a bit dificult :wink: Although I am getting a little smoother with my walking at this point, I can now walk from the kitchen across the apartment while holding a full shotglass in each hand. :drinking: Have fun! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think downing loading the Real Player if you have not all ready should have the codec.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

you will have to download and install a Divx codec and that will cure the problem :lol:

You do not need DivX (which essentially is a form of MPEG-4) for this. The video is an MPEG-1 movie (MPEG-2 is used on DVD:s) which most often have an .mpg extension. MPEG-1 movies should play in Windows Media Player, Real One Player and QuickTime Player.

If you have not tried QuickTime Player, I definately recommend it. When you unlock the Pro features for 29 USD (I think) it means that you can convert between formats, cut and paste parts of the video as well as taking still image snapshots. I wish more people use the so called "progressive download" feature of QuickTime which means that the movie starts playing after around 15-20% of the movie is downloaded. Something between streaming and file download...

Get it at: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

There are two other products I can recommend for ballet heel wearers: the "ouch pouch" and the "space pack" - both help alleviate the pressure placed on the toes.

http://www.bunheads.com/gellist.html

All the best,

Teri

Do you use those same time, or only other, if so, which one is better?

I think I'll order them both anyway, as there is shop in Finland selling them too, and I would like someday to be able to do more with my shoes than just stand on them for couple minutes :lol: