how many pair of heels......

aussieheels1

aussieheels1 I have 14 pairs of heels right now,including boots,pumps & sandals,but no wedges.I cant stand wedges,they are so unflattering! Don't think you are alone in throwing heels away because you thought you were doing something wrong.I have had 2 or 3 purges over the years & some, including 1 pair of boots & 1 pair of sandals,I would die to have back! Couldn't decide.Was I gay,in the wrong gender,or just plain weird,so felt terrible guilt.Guess this explains my username! Since I found this site,I haven't looked back! Happy Heeling confused45

Confused 45, That sounds like me a few years back. Why? Why? ....Better to just embrace it (heeling) and enjoy. And back to the to the topic 3 4" stiletto pairs (rounded toe, pointy and another kind of a hybrid, all black), 9 West 4" heel knee high boots, 5" platform sandals (1" platform) and some flats. Gone through purges myself, wish I had some back, but at least I gave them off to Goodwill and other places where it's not just thrown out. Regards, MHH

I´ve only thrown out one pair of heels - a pair of 10cm stiletto overknees that were too small (an early ill-informed buy) and I had since bought better ones. I think I now have 3 pairs of overknees/thigh-highs, 7 pairs of knee-highs, 5 pairs of ankle (or thereabouts) boots and and one pair of slingbacks. Not including heels below 5cm that are for everyday use. And another pair of overknees ordered today - can´t wait :)

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have only 17 pairs of heels, if i figured in all the shoes i have perged I would probably have close to 200 pairs . But if i had kept the first 30 pair of heels i had they wouldnt even come close to fitting me as i had seriously started heeling when i was @13, but I have been wearing heels since I was 5 or 6 whenever the oppertunity would present itself.

Hmmm, I think I'm counting 18 pair shoes and a(n infamous) pair of thigh boots now. Not too bad in just over three months, and more are on their way... Will take quite a few more to rival my wife's collection, even though I am buying more pairs for myself nowadays :)

Hi Shoe/Boot Lovers, I currently have 35 pairs; 12 pumps (6 closed-toe and 6 peep-toe) 5 boots 8 wedges 10 platform sandals Heel heights vary from 4-8.5" (10-21.3 cm). I do far more scouting and evaluating stores than I do actual buying. One reason is space to store them but also to look for places and opportunities to share with you all. I fully advocate buying your heels in-person for better fit and a better overall shopping experience. HappyinHeels:wave:

Refer to my previos thread of 18 Nov, I took stock. Well I have 37 pairs of various type of heels, that I wear at home and one pair that I wear out with my wife. Trying to convince her to consider that I could wear some others. 15 Boots. 7 Wedges 5 Peeptoes 10 Sandals All the heels are stillettos except the Peep toes and the sandals that have a thicker heel. The boots range from flat heels to 4" stillettos. I am sorry but can't purge any of them at the moment, will see when I buy new ons what will happen. I am trying to get a pair of 6.5 peep toe stillettos from footfasionsa.co.za here with us.

Hi All, I don't know for sure cause its too hard to count (big job as I have shoes everywhere in boxes from spare rooms to hall cupboards, under stairs, throughout the garage etc). I reckon close to 200 pairs, probably 100 pairs of 5-6inch, 10 pairs 7-8inch, 40 pairs approx 3-4 inch, and approx 40 pairs flats/ kitten heels under 1 inch. Last time I counted was years ago and I had well over 150 pairs then. Almost all are pumps/ slingbacks/ peeps/ mules/ d'orsays shoes. I only have a small collection of strappy sandals - cause I find on very high heels the toes straps just cut in, and they get uncomfortable. only 3 pairs of boots! (I'm not a boot fan). Besides it means I can store 2 pairs of shoes in the same space a pair of boots would take (if in their boxes)!! I'm greedy...ha ha Cheers Heel-Lover

• 2 weeks later...

1st pair were Pleaser 6"/2"plats with elasticised above-the-ankle cuff. Had to toss as elastic streched out of shape. Still have all the rest, 15 pair. Kept 2 lower 3.5" learners" for nostalgia reasons. (Fredericks) The rest are: red below-ankle strap 6" single sole. Useless; bad design but look great blue below-ankle strap 5" pumps (Sexy Shoes.Com) taupe peep-toe, lace up, 5.5" booties (Dolce Vita) black patent ankle-wrap (zipper decor straps) single sole sandals (SxyShs) black patent w/ red single soles 6" multistrap sandals (Highest Heel) black patent w/ red single soles 6" d'orasy courts w/strap ( " ) black leather 4" back zip, single sole wedge sandals (ReportSignaure) brown leather 6"/2" plat back zip multi-strap sandals (Baker) brown elastic strap 6"/2" plat, tall cage back zip gladiators (ZiGiny) black leather 6"/2" plat above-ankle, wide strap sandals (J Simpson) pewter 4" back-zip cage single sole gladiators (Guess) red 5" mules (Sexy Shoes.Com) Best lookin' mules going, many colors, low$ black leather 6" peep-toe mules (Pleaser) Have 4" cowboy heel, round-toe 16" black boots coming (CowboybootUSA) Thanks Charlie for the lead. These guys have been terrific to deal with. That's the inventory. Tech/Moderators: If this belongs in a different thread, please place it where it makes the most sense. Thanks, UpBy5

I currently have about 80 pairs, but had I not purged a few times in the past, I would have several hundred! I still desperately miss a pair of all leather Bruno Magli spectator pumps in size 42 that I chucked about 8 years ago...big mistake!

List that good, almost a shame there wasn't a photo to go with each one.

If I knew how to post photos, I would to do it. I have no clue. If you do, PLEASE PM me with directions. I'm not at all literate in this. I can get a photo onto a desktop, then into an Email, but that's it. Any help would be appreciated. All the photos I see here are referred to with links, which look largely like alien map coordinates.

UpBy5

If I knew how to post photos, I would to do it. I have no clue. If you do, PLEASE PM me with directions...

When you do a reply, the first section above this block will say "Reply to Thread", in white letters on a red bar. Scroll down a little to the next section, which says, "Additional Options". In there is a button "Manage Attachments". That will open a new window. Click on Browse to locate your files, then Upload.