how many pair of heels......

aussieheels1

i have so many pairs of heels..... if i didn't feel guilty every few years and trash them (to charity)...... since my first pair of heels purchased, i probably had over 150 pairs of heels but at this current time i only have about 30 pairs.... (which is a lot as I haven't thrown any out for the past 6 yrs)...... thinking back, i just can't believe i have pass on all those heels and how i would love to have them back (some of them at least, there are a few that i don't miss that much :) just wondering how many pairs of heels you guys have own since you've discovered your love for heels and how many might you have trown out due to guilt/lack of space/updating your styles etc?

Hi aussieheels1, Good point and quite a task to think about. I have about 30 pairs of boots and shoes which I am presently owning and using. That of course is my nice boots and shoes not to mention many pairs of mens shoes I have plus work related footwear like ski boots and stuff. I think in the past I have disposed of several,12-15 pairs due to a change in relationships and updating. I have kept a few pairs of boot from way back but on but must say that new purchases and more interest in recent years have put me back to my present size of the collection. I feel and pursue my heeling interest more now that I have accepted me and my interests. So for the last 15 years more the collection has grown with a regular updating and changes. The climate one lives in certainly adds to the size of the collection, winter here in Canada makes for 6 months of cool-cold temps but travels and summer sandals are there too. Mtnsofheels

Mtnsofheels - good to hear you have managed to keep most of your collection (at least all the ones you want to keep :) It's sounds like i'm the only one on here who have trash heels due to guilt of doing something i shouldn't......

Aussieheels1:-) We have all purged and then bought heels over the years so don't think that you are alone on that account. How many heels have I had? I have been wearing heels for so many years that I have long ago lost count of how many I have purged and even to this day I couldn't even guess what is in my collection unless I would count them again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Since my first pair, back in the early eighties, I can count 120 pairs. 49 pumps 21 sandals 27 boots 5 Slingbacks 5 Platforms 6 Mary janes and d'orsays 7 varied styles. But only 61 remain. Many because they broke or worn out; others I just gave away.

I'm right there with you Aussieheels. At the age of nearly 59, I've been buying myself heels for nearly 43 years now. I've had so many paris that I couldn't possibly add them all up, but if I simply averaged 5 per year that is 215 pairs. And it could be more than that! At present, I possess only six pair. As I have very limited access to storage, the rest go regularly to the Salvation Army boxes in town. I'm keeping the shoe companies in business with my buy and purge cycle! I would very much love having some of them back, and can think of a couple pairs of Proxy brand pumps I had in the early 1990's that I would really love to still have. Oh well.......

I have way too many hobbies and way too little cash for them all.........................

know the feeling!!

way way too many hobbies

as for the shoes, wife and self share the collection, sadly self have gotten rid of two collection before, due to circumstances, and would rather for get about those!!

our collection of HH is now around 20 pairs, and growing!!

that includes boots, extreme heels, saddles

:)

• 2 weeks later...

er... 1100 pairs.

1100 !!!! :):P Can only dream

Personally feeling slightly amateurish .. 31 pairs in total of which I currently only have 8 pairs, 2 which I wear to death - the rest not being easily accessible! Only threw one pair out because the heel snapped - they were too small anyway so not a great loss but I had a pair of black suede from Bally that I absolutely regret throwing away - the perfect shoe!

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

er... 1100 pairs.

I hope you're just counting how many you've ever owned. Because to store 1,100 pairs of shoes, you would need a warehouse! No one (beyond maybe the queen and Bill Gates at least) could have a large enough house to maintain 1,110 pairs of shoes....lol

Dr. Shoe:-) 1100 pairs??????? You would need a 17 ton Lorry to haul them around in or you could wear a different pair each day for the next couple of years and then some. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dr. Shoe:-)

1100 pairs??????? You would need a 17 ton Lorry to haul them around in or you could wear a different pair each day for the next couple of years and then some.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thats why he's a lorry driver, its nothing to do with work, he just needs somewhere to keep his stash of footwear lol

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

1100??? I thought I had a lot with 60+. Where do you keep all of them? That would be enough to fill a couple of rooms wall to wall and up to the ceilings. My 60 fit (not neatly) on one side of my closet, the rest are in storage boxes in the basement.

Thats why he's a lorry driver, its nothing to do with work, he just needs somewhere to keep his stash of footwear lol

He must finding parking difficult along that high streets for that 16 wheeler that he used to haul his shoe collection around.....:):silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I only have 3 pairs, 2 Black and 1 Red, 6" Platforms, Just love platforms, I would love to get boots next just wondering, thigh boots or ancle boots .. Not sure which to choose :)

I have around 200 pairs, mostly bought on Ebay for under $15. Most are fairly masculine or unisex clogs, loafers, and boots that are easy to wear in public in male mode (I have never CD'd) because they have block, stacked, or tapered heels, mostly in the 2-4" range. I wear them with boot-cut jeans and slacks and always with tights, pantyhose, or knee highs. I store them in file storage boxes in a spare room, and they take up quite a bit of space. But out of sight, out of mind...I really need to build some shelves so I can display them all at once. Some of them never get worn but they would if they were more visible. I really do need to cull the collection and get rid of the ones that don't fit or aren't comfortable. Steve

• 2 months later...

Well that truly is amazing Dr. Shoe, I agree more now than ever that your doctorate is in shoes. I could believe that having a storage facility for all those could a bit onerous. Cool and thanks for sharing that with us. Some women would be jealous I am sure! Mtnsofheels

Oh girl, I'm guesstimating that I owned about 20 pairs. Right now, it's 6 pair. 2 pairs of platforms & 4 pairs of sandals. All of which have at least a 4.5" heel, are black patent in color and are open toe.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

Just pointing out.... 1100/365 = 3.01369863013698630136 years (approximately) of never the same pair of shoes. Wow. For me right now 6, I'll note this is the most shoes i've ever bought in a year ever. Everyone with these insane numbers of shoes is making me feel inadequate.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, nice to see I'm not the only one with a collection mania :wave: Also, I know the "Too many hobbies, too little time/money"-syndrome... Nevertheless, since I'm just getting started, the 3 pairs of shoes & one pair of boots will do for now (even though two more pair of shoes & a pair of thigh high 7" boots have recently been bought on eBay, and I can't wait to get them)!

• 1 month later...