Anime Heels

As you can see by my avatar, I am into anime, though not as much as in prior years. However, over the years, I have taken some screen caps and scanned some other images that may be of interest. The first one I would like to share is Sailor Mars from the opening sequence of Sailor Moon. I believe it is from season 1, where the Sailor Senshi (warriors) are flying through the air. Being a show designed for girls (shoujo), there are many pretty outfits and shoes to look at. It's a bit of a monster of the week show, but I liked the two seasons I have seen. Lacking the original cel, I had to reconstruct parts of the image, with the help of a friend. The frame lines are evident and, sadly, one of the heels is partially missing. The 2nd image is the reconstructed version. I'm not completely happy with it, but at least it's an improvement. I have plenty of other pictures to share, but thought I would gauge the interest level first.

post-909-133522911073_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522911095_thumb.jpg

I love anime as well, as for the pretty outfits that is one of the reasons i really like card captor sakura, no heels there but pretty much every episode has a new great outifit for sakura. That first reconstruction looks very good, i've never seen sailor moon (not my kind of anime), but sailor mars outfit is definately awesome.

I should have noted above that the first card was of Fatima Lachesis of Five Star Stories (FSS). The art work in FSS is amazing. It is very detailed and expansive, from the mecha and other vehicles to the fatima. I have a few more of FSS on this computer that I will share: 1) The cover of #16 from Tales of Joker, which seems to be a spin-off story. 2) Fatima Fashion manual #1, featuring Fatima Clotho. I don't know how much of the text will be visible, but some of the stats are eye opening. Note that the uniform itself is extremely durable. 3) Fatima Fashion manual #2. Some of these comments are a lot of fun, such as, "Shoes, and boots of all kinds...but not Japanese-style slippers yet... no clip-clopping for them," or "the soles and heels are made of MH armor material, which grows back when worn." Pretty handy, I'd say! Have a look at some of the purse contents as well. Everything from lipstick, to jaw breakers to a spaad (similar to a light saber). Oh yeah, then there's the square toe comment in the lower left, but those don't look too square to me, thankfully. 4) No heels here, but a scan of the typical full page art work. I have a lot more FSS stuff at home, but I probably should mix in something else next.

post-909-13352291173_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522911773_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522911807_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522911819_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Daisuki My step daughter is into the Naruto themes, often in costume more time than I'm in heels in daytime! With her friends often going of to the expo's or as she calls "recons" the local smaller meets. I shall pass on the pictures to her. As you seem to have a source may I ask what book or website may be covering the costumes? Thanks Al

• 3 weeks later...

As you seem to have a source may I ask what book or website may be covering the costumes?

I would like to help, but I'm not sure what you are looking for? As respects FSS, some of the books I have are Japanese imports, but some were released here, in English for a while.

Anime Expo (formerly in Anaheim, CA) is where I picked up some of my books, etc. I took a couple years off after blowing major cash on a cel that's still sitting in my closet, but may check it out again this year.

For those that are interested, my cel gallery is located here:

http://falcon.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Shoes are rarely seen on cels up for auction, however. So, I have very few here. Here is one that might be of interest.

http://falcon.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_info.asp?ItemID=169071

Cel collecting was an *extremely* expensive hobby! In any event, let me see what picture(s) I can post today...

Attached are a few from "City Hunter." The first two are composite images, involving merged pictures.

City Hunter had great 80's fashion and typically each episode had a new lovely lady (bijin/bijyo) for Ryo to save.

The 4th picture is of Saeko, a sly lady cop that never fails to lead on Ryo, only to disappoint him. I have some cels of her on the site noted above.

post-909-133522914478_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522914484_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522914487_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522914491_thumb.jpg

Attached is a picture I took from one of the Anime Expos that I went to a few years ago. I have a few more that I can share, but I wanted to see if these types of pictures are ok to post. Since the "cos-players" dress up for the event for the express purpose of having their picture taken, I'm thinking this is ok. At any given time, when they are displaying their costumes, there can be 20 people or more taking pictures.

post-909-133522914963_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Attached are a couple pics from some G-Taste books I used to have. This manga is billed as being somewhere between ecchi and hentai. Still, there are some nice shots that I can post here.

post-909-13352291652_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522916536_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I guess I let this thread go a bit. So, let me see what else I can post. How about this one from the latest Anime Expo. It's just too bad that I didn't get the best profile for the cute MJ pumps... that and the fact that I failed to hold the cell phone camera steady.

Also attached is another pic of Sylia Stingray, though I've just realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of her other than my (former) avatar.

On the bright side, I re-discovered my long lost anime avatar web page, there are lots of Sylia to be found there:

http://members.cox.net/falcon_77/avatars/

Hopefully, I can find some more pictures to post from the home computer...

post-909-133522922322_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522922333_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I haven't uploaded anything on this thread in a while, so I thought I'd add a few new ones. A couple may be a bit risqué, for which I apologize. I endeavored to take scans of artwork which is generally more tasteful, but may not have succeeded in some respects. One of the images took 4 different scans and my skills at piecing them together leaves much to be desired.

post-909-133522935218_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522935238_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522935247_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522935266_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522935524_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I too really like the anime characters that wear heels as part of their outfits and some of the Japanese girls that cosplay the outfits are great. Here are some photos of what I think is the best sailor mars cosplay ever. Enjoy!

post-30196-133522940052_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522940056_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522940058_thumb.jpg

post-30196-13352294006_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522940062_thumb.jpg

Returning and carrying on from last year, I did the October Expo with the stepdaughter, fantastic costumes and a few real half hearted attempts that looked rubbish. Dribbling "Aliens", Star Wars storm troopers, Stargate teams, Batman baddies, Witches, Angels and Fairies as well as many many various animé characters. Guys as Sailor Moon (with placards "I lost the bet") Oh yes? Lady GaGa's both male and female. Certainly there were some totally professional costumes (Alien) and many good quality "supplied" and home made that were stunning even a reptile girl as from the original "V" series that looked awesome carrying her young baby (human). For those that want a looksee the entrance halls are open, only the trade stand halls are charged. Next is the late May holiday weekend at the docklands Excel. I did get quite interested in the "SteamPunk" styles - lots of options there. A few pictures as a taster Al

post-14144-133522940064_thumb.jpg

post-14144-133522940068_thumb.jpg

post-14144-133522940072_thumb.jpg

post-14144-133522940074_thumb.jpg

I too really like the anime characters that wear heels as part of their outfits and some of the Japanese girls that cosplay the outfits are great. Here are some photos of what I think is the best sailor mars cosplay ever. Enjoy!

Wow, these are great, thanks! I especially like #2 & #4. I don't suppose you have any larger versions?