College High Heels

Hight4

Well this is my first thread that I will be keeping a bi-weekly update.

To start off I'm 23 years old, living in Illinois, about to transfer to a four college in the fall.

This past week I got my tax return :smile: and I had just purchase a three inch patent leather sandal with an ankle strap. There black and I am waiting for the shoes to arrive between today or tomrrow.

I really happy about getting my first pair, but at the same time I am nervous about wearing them to school, and wearing them in the public

Anybody have any advise for me if so please tell

Thank you

Student with heels

P.S.

here is the pair I got

Posted Image

prepare to be mocked. There is alot of peer pressure at school/college and students will try and prove their self worth by putting others down. By wearing heels to school you're giving them an easy target and one which they are sure not to turn down. The worst thing you can do is fall prey into this trap. Wear your heels with confidence! if you feel comfortable in them, then who care's what anybody else thinks/does/says? I for one admire your bravery of even considering wearing them to school, because i know for a fact there is no way i ever would have contemplated such a thing. You need a very strong mind to over-come the fear and ridicule you will face, prove everybody wrong, show them that you're not afraid. You will get others who will be totally the opposite with you, and be intregued by your attire, embrace those people whoever they may be, because somebody who accepts you for who you are and not what you wear is worth their weight in gold. I wish you the best of luck in college, and hope that you get the satisfaction you deserve from wearing your heels without the shame that others try and force us into. Good on you mate, and let us all know how it goes. I'm sure i wont be the only one eager to hear your experiance! heelguy

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/iq/

.... boy, do I wish this group was around when I was at IC.

If, as a fresher (freshman US ?), you present yourself as androgyneous, the other students will have no other frame of reference for your persona.

All I will say is dress elegantly. The last thing you need to look like is a dirty scruffy student in jeans and t-shirt with a pervy pair of heels.

As a suggestion, if you have the figure for it, try a pair of girls jeans with a slightly feminine embroidered pattern. If you're up for it, make sure your fingernails are looking good and use clear nail varnish.

The whole idea is to blur the boundaries of your sexuality so that the heels don't seem incongruent.

If all goes belly up and you have had enough of people taking the mickey, then you can always tone down the eccentricity for day-to-day attire. This still leaves you option of heeling on relatively rare occasions when you need to heel.

BTW what subject are you studying?

Best wishes,

Xa

I applaud you, Hight4. The atmosphere of college is probably the best place to openly heel in public. You'll be right in the den of minds who are trying to find themselves. They will obviously bring their own opinions, but if you will be firm in presenting your right to choose what you desire to wear, others don't really have any ground to stand on. Men have worn heels in the past and there are no substantial reasons we shouldn't be able to choose today from the selections available the heels that peek our interest. Be prepared to receive a bit of notoriety and possibly some guys who will follow your lead and start wearing their choice of heels. There will be awkward situations, like walking down stairs to your next class and getting use to the present social attitudes from your new perspective, but these things will pale as you become more confident while heeling. Stay in touch, for all of us here at HHP are interested in your expressed determination to wear the revealed high heels in the college scene. If you are going to have to walk a lot, you better have some other pairs to change into so that the tips can be repaired. Now that I have praised your choice to heel, when all is said and done, this post is not to pressure you into wearing heels. It has to be your decision.

Height4, you could have chosen a little more discrete pair of woman's shoes to begin with. You could have, perhaps, purchased a great pair of ankle boots with 3" or 4" heels that would be less noticeable when worn with a pair of blue jeans. Or, perhaps, a pair of Penny Loafer style shoes with 2½" to 4" heels. That way, after a while, people will be so used to seeing you wearing unorthodox foot wear, they will hardly pay attention to you when you do wear those sandals to class. Once again, as heelguy alluded, be prepared to "handle" the reaction that is certain to accompany your initial appearance in public wearing that great pair of sandals. But, please bear in mind that after two or three days of seeing you wearing high heels, you in heels will be the norm and appearing in regular men's street shoes, the unusual. Read the story in the "Stories with a High Heel Theme" thread.... "David Loves High heels.. although the scenario is purely fiction, it is insightful in many respects.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think you should start with a pair of black ankle boots with a 2-3 inch heel, let people be aware and see what you like to wear, after a little time switch to 4 inch heels. I would wait quite some time before trying to wear a nice pair of sandals to college, I think it would be a bit in your face if you started with the sandals at the begging and open to abuse. Thats my thoughts on the subject. But at the end of the day play it bye ear. Good luck to you.

life is not a rehearsal

I applaud your efforts! I concur with the others that you'd receive much less ridicule if you wore a heeled boot, like the 3-1/2" heeled Sudini ankle boot in my avatar. Good luck!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

My first piece of advice is not to wear them to school. My second isnot to wear them to school. You are better off wearing block heel boots or shoes that have a masculine look about them and getting your peers used to your heels. I have been wearing heels in male mode for 15 years and even I wouldn't dream of wearing anything like that unless I was in girl mode.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hight4 ... Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do. If the college you are going to has thousands and thousands of students where you might just get lost in the shuffle, depending on what you wear with your high heels, most may not even give you a second look. I think I would suggest the wearing of boots with a block or Cuban heel to start off with and like Dr. Shoe said, let people get used to seeing you in higher heeled footwear. Depending on how you feel about the reactions you get, go from there. The decision is all yours and best wishes on whatever you decide.

hight4 - all the very best with your heeling.... i don't really have any advice except to do whatever you feel comfortable and confident in doing...... with the benefit of hindsight - i do wish i was more adventurous with wearing heels to college/university..... there's just so many more open minded people at that age (at the same time, some really closed minded ones too.....) it's probably a time where i could try more things than later on in life.... but who knows... i think zaphod is on point.... androgyneous is probably the best way to go so you can go either way once you feel comfortable in the new environment..... it's a generally kinda accepted mode of dress without completely in your face and obvious as wearing clothing that are normally designated to the opposite sex (yes - i tried to not use the term cross dress....) all the best and i look forward to see/read how you go....

wise words from xaphod and dr.shoe me thinks! androgynous look is probably best all round or as dr.shoe said 'girl mode with sandals'. whatever you decide have fun but make sure your thick skinned enough to take any flak good luck!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I have to go along with what the other posters have said. The androgynous look would give you leeway to bend either way if used with a block heeled boot, ankle or knee, and when everyone is used to you being in heels you could go a bit higher to 3.5" or 4" block heeled boot. Its like boiling a lobster. If you throw him into a pot of cool water and heat it gradually he won't notice the difference, but if you throw him into a very hot water he will notice it immediately. Get my drift? No matter what, be sure to keep us all posted on your progress and all of the luck in the world in your endevor in learning your studies and your heeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i to wish i had worn my boots more often in school, both high school and college, as i would be more apt to wear them out, although i do wear them some times, just not as much as i wish i would. but you should be careful in wearing your sandals at the start, many of the female populace will question and compliment you, and more so likely the same amount of the male populace will say something about it, and most of will be negative if you start out in them

Hight4, Everyone who posted here assumes you will be in guy mode wearing those sandals. Is that going to be so, or will you be in femme mode? It would certainly be easier to wear shoes like you bought in femme mode, but whatever you do, good luck! Steve

Dude, my opinion is don't do it :) It's asking for ridicule. Do it somewhere you don't have anything to lose. In college, they can be f'ing vicious and your gonna be there for a long time. My one and only time wearing heels in public was in my freshman year of college. And it wasn't premeditated or planned. It was on a bloody bet if you know what the college crowd can be like. 100 bux to get naked and a borrowed pair of heels to run from Lecture Hall 5 to Lecture Hall 3..i think it was. Heels didn't fit and almost broke my neck down the stairs to the next building while running as fast as i could. Ridicule, you better believe it :P (and more for the heels of all bloody things, no one gave a damn that i was naked) In my case though, i think everyone knew it was one of those crazy college stunts. And yeah, it was worth the 100 bux :sad: Woulda taken me over 20 hrs after taxes to have made that much at the computer lab. And Dr Shoe is right, i'll say it outright, so don't be offended. if your crossdressing, the college crowd prob wouldn't give you a 3rd look. They'd just think you were gay and it'd be ok cuz nowadays, it's ok to be gay. If your wearing mostly men's clothing with those heels, people will get weirded out. It's better to be thought gay than to be weird nowadays... bah, wife tells me i'm old and things have changed since my college days...whatever, my experience was from 15 years ago so take from that what u will.

I wouldn't worry about it too much to be honest. Think about it. If you are worried, you are already engaged in some sort of negative mental visual rehearsal. Why not use that same energy to visualize your most powerful, congruent self wearing heels?

Who do you visualize wearing your heels around? The artsy/music crowd (safe)? The intellectual crowd (safe)? The jocks (not safe)? Dates with girls (very safe)?

When do you want to wear them just once a month in public? Or do you want an all out daily lifestyle where you wear heels to work, home, and include them in everything you do?

Where do you visualize wearing your heels out? At the dinner restaurant in downtown on Friday, at the school cafe, at a bookstore cafe, at a museum, at a bar? Context is critical. It's all about the proper time and place that fits your lifestyle.

Regardless of how often you want to wear them, Picture This.

You walk into a room. Your posture is solid straight in the lower back and you can feel your upper back leaning back, just slightly. Through your peripheral vision, you can see your shoulders also naturally and effortlessly slide back just a bit. Then you feel that posture also extend upwards through your neck and even notice your chest protruding out, just slightly more. Your chin is up, just slightly though. If you have to look down, you do so with a minimum of movement and just use your eyes.

You might have an energy bottle in your hand to subliminally communicate you are into health. (I do this on trains, girls notice too). Or maybe you will have a glass of beer in your hand. Either way, you carry the glass with a relaxed arm, so it's almost at waist level. You are relaxed with the drink and not using the bottle/glass to shield yourself.

These are all body mechanisms you can change to feel more self-confident on the inside AND...they will make you visually appear more self-confident on the outside as well, without even saying a word. People automatically associate people with these traits as confident and high status even.

Then you will have options. You can keep to yourself and do your thing without talking to other people and still look confident to people passing by, or you can initiate conversation with other people based off a strikingly confident non-verbal point of first impression.

Assuming you have the proper time, place, and outfit, you will do just fine. You will have all your ducks lined up and have every right to feel totally empowered and self-confident.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

bah, wife tells me i'm old and things have changed since my college days...whatever, my experience was from

15 years ago so take from that what u will.

I think your wife is right in that many things have changed. I very often see university kids on my way to work and I could tell you that half of them are dressed in a way I don't think I could have achieved several years before.

These days it is not uncommon for me to see guys wearing man purses, scarfs (not winter ones), sunglasses as big as those women wear and skinny jeans.

Besides I think crossdressing for the sake of being thought gay and not ridiculed isn't such a great idea if you are straight. You would probably want to meet women and date and being thought gay doesn't seem helpful.

I would say go for it I don't think nothing terrible will happen.

Height4, there is a lot of good advice given in this thread. Enough to fit any of the possible situations that exist in your college. While I am sure that you've read all of it, in the final analysis it is your decision as to what course you follow. Analyze the situation to try to determine what kind of reaction you'll get and then make your decision. Quite frankly, I believe that Kneehighs has offered keen insight and clear thinking towards your situation. Along with choosing a pair of less obvious pair of woman's shoes, you can hardly go astray by following it .

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...

Whether you go in girl mode or as a guy, please make sure your toenails look good. You don't have to polish them, but make sure they are trimmed and not yellow. With heels that cute and open-toe, you would look out of place if you had gnarly toes showing. :) And for the record, I wish I had the guts to do that at your age!

I will just put this out there. I, too, am a student at a local college, and i wear heels to class every day, and actually have been for the past 2 years. Never once have i been mocked, or made fun of, or even pointed out, and i have worn everything from 3 to 6 inch heels. Actually quite the opposite. I've made quite a few friends because of my footwear choices. College is very different than high school, in the fact that in highschool you are more focused on what your peers think about your actions, and in college, you are more focused on what YOU think of your life decisions, or choice of educational path. Everyone is at college for the same thing, to further their education, not to be stuck in high school making fun and being the class clown. So with that said, my advice is to do it with no regret, and with your head held high. I assure you that you will NOT be the most diverse student that campus has seen (not to make you feel less unique... because you are unique:smile:). This is who you are, a student, who is furthering their education.

I say do it! and do it with confidence! Maybe, just maybe the second time you do it it won't be a shock to those who have already seen it and they will except you for who you are, not whats on your feet. Besides, I wanta know the outcome of your brave and new adventure. I think it will be more positive than negitive. Any bets?

real men wear heels