Faith goes into administration

LukeVibertUK

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere... Just walked into a Faith store plastered in 'Closing Down Sale' posters and a quick check online confirms that they're in administration. Quite sad in one respect however couldn't help notice of late a dip in quality and styles going a bit left field....

Are they being reorganized for continued operation or are they preparing to close up shop completely out of business?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

May have a look tomorrow and see if there's anything good going for cheap. Shame to see it going but they're certainly not the best shoe store. It looks like the traditional shoe chains are being replaced by the more fashionable Schuh and Office which stock a better range. Faith are getting trumped by better shoe retailers.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

The article I read suggested that Sainsburys were interested but pulled out at the last minute. The article highlighted the change in competition with the likes of the larger supermarkets killing trade.

The shop I was in was only offering 10% off and concession stores were "optional". My impressions of that were that they are holding out for as long as possible. I think its pertinent to mention that many stores have gone into administration and are still with us on the UK highstreet...

SOme detail here http://www.faith.co.uk/notice-of-administration-artlnotice_admin/

I went to my local faith today and got a couple of pairs i had kept my eye on for a while before my size goes,had a chat with the staff who are noe resigned to job hunting again......not good news for young workers again.......but it looks like they are on the way out.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

May have a look tomorrow and see if there's anything good going for cheap. Shame to see it going but they're certainly not the best shoe store. It looks like the traditional shoe chains are being replaced by the more fashionable Schuh and Office which stock a better range. Faith are getting trumped by better shoe retailers.

In the main, heels choice is a matter of personal preference, however, on this occassion, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Faith heels have always had far more style and elegance than Schuh or Office. The majority of their shoes are made from better quality materials and exhibit a much more intuitive grasp of classic high heels design.

A lot of their heels are also made in Spain and Brazil, thus catering for ladies with broader feet as well as offering a higher standard of manufacture.

I agree with 'luke_vibert_uk' on his point, that 'jumping on the bandwagon' of left field fashions probably did them no good at all, as Faith were one of the very few pleasing and affordable alternatives to the hideous constructions we see in most women's shops these days.

I've been buying Faith/Solo shoes since the late 1970's/early 1980's, and I have never had to take a pair back in all that time.

This is a very sad state of affairs, as there are now no 'Chain' outlets that sell what I would class as pretty and feminine shoes.

(POSTSCRIPT - SEE MY NEW THREAD "GOOD NEWS FOR FAITH FANS") Merged threads by sendra45. Thanks

'Faith' Shoes has been saved from administration by Scottish entreprenneur John Kinnaird.

Reports are in The Independent:

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=faith+shoes+in+administration&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=7c9b8640fb67fc74

The Times:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article4692624.ece

and Business2Business News:

http://www.b2bnews.co.uk/kinnaird-steps-in-to-save-faith-shoes-268.html

Good news for high heels fans!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Gutted, I love their brand as they always made classier heels which are a perfect fit. I'm taking a day off in the week to doing some much needed retail therapy in London and will now give Faith a longer than usual look. Here's hoping the business finds a buyer and they are saved.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

The current position appears to be: (a) No online sales, but branches/concessions still trading with discount on non-sale items; (:) Disputes with certain suppliers might result in withdrawal of some stock (but this action is being resisted by administrator); © Debenhams allegedly interested in acquiring the business (but probably not the stores). [What that would mean in terms of survival/availability of the range is open to question.] I can't think of any other chain of UK shoe shops which offered as good a range of stylish and relatively affordable well-made shoes. The business may not have been managed well but surely the demand and market is still there and someone will wish to fill it? Let us hope so.

I feel bad in a way, but I think it's because I have a rose tinted memory of Faith from the 80s and early 90s. They used to sell really classic and also edgier shoes. Recently I feel that their range has become confused and scattered. It's as if they were trying too hard to follow cheap celeb tangents. Office and Topshop get it almost spot on. Maybe Faith needed to react in a different way and stick to it's roots instead of pumping out gaudy clompy versions of designer shoes. Reffering to Topshop. They used to stock Faith's range but in the last few years they have really stepped up and now lead the high street in terms of design and construction. They actually react to high end designer directions and use them to create new trends. So yes I'm a little sad but at the same time maybe it's time to put them to sleep quietly whilst they still have a little respect.

'Faith' used to be THE pace to go for pretty, sexy strappy party heels and really nice 'smart' high heels for work too. Not to mention the fabulous limited edition boots they used to produce under the 'Solo' brand name. Only 4 years ago, I bought a fantastic pair of over knee boots in blue, silver and white with 5" metal heels. The material was a patchwork of leather and denim, and they look fabulous. You can't find them for love nor money now.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Reffering to Topshop. They used to stock Faith's range but in the last few years they have really stepped up and now lead the high street in terms of design and construction. They actually react to high end designer directions and use them to create new trends.

I think also the thing with Topshop is that their range is fluid. Although its based on the seasons, new stuff arrives and stuff dissapears at the drop of a hat.

that is a shame, i used to love faith too but agree there shoes these days just dont do it for me at all. i prefer office or kurt geiger these days,new look also have had some excellent shoes for a fraction of the cost. tia xxx

Yes it is a shame, but their target customer changed. Thgey used toi sell classic high heels but they moved with the style changes and lost their way. It was one of the few places you could get shoes like http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/shoepage.php?querytype=id&searchstring=C10

Yes, Janner, I think you are right. Regardless of its attempt to sell a wider, more trendy range of shoes (many of which were and are five-minute fashion wonders), Faith did seem to be a reliable source of the more classic styles - but they virtually all disappeared some 10 years ago.

I recall, for example, a very smart court called 'Tina' with an almond toe and slender 'proper' stiletto of 4.5" - much like your pic but a higher heel. It was readily available in black leather, black patent and black suede and sometimes in other colours in leather and suede. A timeless and very smart shoe - so why did it get withdrawn in about 2000? (Barratts had an almost identical shoe too - and that was discontinued about the same time.) Anyone else remember these?

I went into the local branch today and they're having a closing down sale. 20% off most shoes, 50% off some others. It grieves me to say it, but nearly all of the shoes were a really tacky design. What do I mean by that? Chavvy / WAG / trailer trash shoes with no class and over elaborate. Only one or two styles would I describe as being worthy of the Faith brand that I came to love. Those ones were the classic court shoes. It's such a shame, but I think it's the passing old a once great shoe shop.

Managed a trip to the flagship store in Oxford Circus & the Marble Arch store on Saturday, the staff were as freindly as ever & I bought a couple of rash purchases, the stores themselves looked really cheap with the 20% banners everywhere. I notice as of tonight the website appears to have gone too, this is a real shame to me as I absolutely loved faith shoes, even prefering their shoes to Nine West in the US, their shoes always appeared to be of a high quality, mostly made in Brazil. Personally I'm gutted, not just because another hight street brand has gone, but because of all staff were really nice - never came across a rude or unhelpful salesperson. H

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Personally I'm gutted, not just because another hight street brand has gone, but because of all staff were really nice - never came across a rude or unhelpful salesperson.

100% agree with you heelium. The guys and girls who worked in Faith were always so nice and helpful. I'll miss them :)

• 1 month later...

One small good news story from Faith closing down. A branch not far from me is opening up again through the initiative of former staff - rebranded it "Hope", which I thought was nice.

Have a look here:

http://store.hopefootwear.co.uk/

Good luck to them! Better than letting the shop lie empty or get used as another 'Charity' outlet!

(I wonder what happened to all the unsold Faith stock nationally? I don't think any of the shops remain open, although some of the in-store concessions were still trading recently. I imagine the administrators did a deal with someone and that we shall see Faith shoes trickling out through market stalls and the like. Anyone seen anything yet?)