Finally passed my motorbike test

Well After 12 years of wanting to and 9 months of GG telling me I have to, I finally passed my bike test. It wasnt exactly easy due to the winter being in the middle but I finally passed with just one minor fault... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Passed mine in 1968, would not like to do a modern test. Last bike was a Triumph 500 twin T100SS. I think the last bike I rode was a Suzuki 750 triple two stroke, nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets. Anyway well done and enjoy the bikes.

life is not a rehearsal

Well After 12 years of wanting to and 9 months of GG telling me I have to, I finally passed my bike test. It wasnt exactly easy due to the winter being in the middle but I finally passed with just one minor fault...

Andi

Well done, welcome to "the club"...

I got mine back in 2003 and even then it wasnt very easy, lots to think about when your new to bikes too :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Well done also. Mine was in 1972 riding around the block with the examiner hiding behind cars and jumping out. Al

When I did my motor bike test it was raining, a guy came out with a newspaper over his head and said go up the road and back again, after a few minutes he said you will do and that was that, test passed, try doing that today. Car test was a little bit differant first time went to the test center on my own, in them days it was hand signals, hand out of the window for a turn right signal and changing down third to second, no hands on the wheel, well I had been driving for six months on my own and got a lot of bad habits. Second time I took me mum with me she can't drive but they did no know that and nobody asked. But I passed second time, nearly smashed the car up on the way home because I was so happy. Went into a bend to fast. Car was a 1959 Standard Ten Estate car had a 948cc engine, after a bit of time ended up with a Triumph Spitfire 1500cc lump, and that leads to loads of other car and mod stories. But I wont bore you now.

life is not a rehearsal

Mine was in 1984. Nothing to it - just weaving in and out of some cones, proper use of turn signals, including hand signals, and a written exam.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done also. Mine was in 1972 riding around the block with the examiner hiding behind cars and jumping out.

Al

ALL DRIVERS ARE BLIND AND THICK, UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT

Congrats ..... there's nothing quite like riding a bike (except, maybe sailing a boat) to give you pleasure when life is just plain shitty !

BTW, the above mantra was repeated regularly when I did a spell of dispatch riding in London. A colleague who started at the same time as me was in his wooden box 3 weeks later !

Now a little story about passing bike tests:-

As with alsheels, both me and my brother did the riding around the Town Hall with the examiner hiding behind cars to watch you. In brother's case he wasn't required to do the emergency stop. Why? ..... because a parked car driver opened his door without looking behind. Bro screeched to a halt and proceeded to make allegations regarding the pillock's parentage and mental capacity.

Fortunately the examiner witnessed this and, explaining that he wouldn't be reqiring an emergency stop, said,

"oh, BTW, I don't think your comments to the driver are part of the Highway Code."

Xa

Belated Congratulations from me as well. Now you have the really hard choice of which bike to go for. Somehow bike are like shoes, you can never have enough of them. Remember shiny side up and greasy side down - and watch out for diesel on roundabouts and near petrol stations. Has you off quicker than ice. Main thing about bikes, you don't really care where you are going just the pleasure of getting there. I often take the long way just to prolong the pleaure of the ride. Quite the opposite of driving a car. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Just remember one thing. About the time you get real accomplished at riding a motorbike is when you might get a bit careless and not vigilant enough and that bike will come back and bite you no matter how long you may have been a rider. Be careful at all times. You will have to outthink all of the other road users constantly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!