NFL cheerleader boots

GoGobootluvr

Many dance shops will sell them from all sorts of different manufacturers. In normal girl sizes they are comparativly easy to get hold of. Some might even be bespoke.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr.Shoe - "bespoke" sent me to the dictionary. For the non Brits on the board, DEFINITION - Bespoke is a term used in the United Kingdom and elsewhere for an individually- or custom-made product. On the thread subject, I've always thought cheerleaders would look great in thigh boots. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Now THAT would be very interesting to see a majorette squad in white thighboots with a high heel. I can picture it in my minds eye but I doubt if I will ever see it come about. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 8 months later...

What do the NFL cheerleaders do with their boots when they are no longer cheerleading? It seems to me that they would make some money by selling or auctioning them off on ebay- that is unless they have to return their entire uniform to the team.

I can't remember when it was or what team it was, but several years ago the cheer-leading squad was wearing boots with what looked like at least three inch heels. I think it was the Denver Nuggets (NBA), but don't quote me on that. Since then, I have looked for some of the cheer squads in high heeled boots, but haven't seen any since then. Several years ago at a Kansas City Chief's game at Arrowhead Stadium, there was a very sexy woman playing mambo drums during the game and half time and she was wearing some very high, high heeled shoes. But the cheerleaders were wearing the standard white cheerleader boots.

Does anyone believe that one of the reasons professional cheerleaders of professional teams don't wear higher heeled boots during the games is that it might distract the viewers of the games?

Have you ever tried doing a cheerleader routine in heels? Seriously? A human pyramid would not only be impossible but downright dangerous. Have you ever tried doing a cheerleader routine in thigh boots? Seriously? etc... Heeled thigh boots would be a complete no-no.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr.Shoe –

The concept was thigh boots on NFL cheerleaders, which is quite different than the cheer leading squads you have described. The squads that entertain at basketball games use more gymnastic movements like tosses and pyramid building in their routines and I agree that high heels probably would be a danger.

The National Football League Cheerleader’s routines are more like a line dance. There is a lot of waving of pompoms and wiggling, side to side movement and leg kicks but there is always at least one foot planted firmly on the ground. The first qualification for these cheerleaders is to look sexy for an inebriated mostly inebriated male audience. Although stiletto heels might be a hindrance, block heels, which they wear now, pose no problem. The concept I suggested is changing the knee high boots currently worn for thigh high boots.

NFL Cheerleaders 2010

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dr. Shoe had it right. Cheerleaders don't wear higher heeled boots because it could be a bit dangerous for the girls doing their dance routines in high heels. Even though they do mostly simpler routines, there is a lot of spinning and jumping involved. You'd defeinitely see a lot of twisted or broken ankles - not good. As much as I'd love to see the girls in higher heels, I kinda' like those go-go boots too!