Worst and Best Reactions to Guy's Public Heel-Wearing

Heelfan

Guys! There's nothing like attending our regular Heel-Meets to build up your street-heeling confidence. Enjoy a liberating day in your favourite heels surrounded by like-minded guys and gals!:

Firefox and I invite you to come to the last pair of this year's UK Heel-Meets (heels nice but not compulsory):

SAT 6th NOV 2004 - West London.

SUN 7th NOV 2004 - East London.

For full details, simply click on to: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=3761

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly! We've all suffered through experiences similar to yours. It's bound to happen when you mix with the public. But you can't allow yourself to take a backward step because of that, it's important that you continue going forward with your heel wearing. Never let the public force you into going backward!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Guys, You're right, I was on a bit of a roll for the fortnight before that and this happened. I'd pushed the boundaries, out a bit. I'd been browsing a lot in Victoria Street, where I work, I tried on a pair of ladies trousers in the Army and Navy and then tried on a pair of boots in Clarks, (they've got a bad name - but these were a nice pair of 3" stiletto knee boots). Here the staff were wonderful. I think I made their day they were so helpful, complimented me (that's their job) and asked me what I'd wear with them. It was quite a thrill, probably because of the danger of getting seen by someone at work, I'm not ready to wear heels to work yet, if ever. Thinking about it his friends were embarrased and were glad when they managed to drag him away.

I had one of my worse days todays. I was wearing pointed boots with 4" heels to the mall this morning. I wear bootcut jeans that cover most of the heel, except for when I walk when a bit more than half of the heel gets exposed. The mall was almost empty (a lot of people had gone voting this morning here in the US). When I passed the Express store I saw one of the sales guys call on his co-worker and they both came out of the store, pointing and staring after me as I walked away. All in all, didn't feel all that good. I love my pointed stiletto boots, but the combination of the pointed tip and stiletto heel does attrackt attention.

so what, let them point. as long as they dont shout abuse or get violent, or start loudly laughing or summat, i wouldnt be bothered. These are the things i would be afraid of, but otherwise if people notice and point, you can sort of expect that if youre doing something different, but if you enjoy it,, who gives a toss what they think enjoy yourself daz

I too, have stiletto boots,5" heel,pointed toe and do love the look. Maybe they both liked the look also, you just don't know what they thought just because they were pointing. ..So what, as long as you enjoy them keep it up... Jim

What an unpleasant experience Forborkenvv,good thing Mrs F wasn’t subjected to it.. Ignoring this stalker was the best thing to do and I think you handled the situation well. :-? I’ve been street heeling for years and have never had anything like this happen. If it ever does, I hope I manage to be as smart as you and treat the idiot with the contempt he deserves by ignoring him in a similar manner. (I would much prefer to poke him in the eye with my index finger and give him something to really fuss about..) jim

...The mall was almost empty (a lot of people had gone voting this morning here in the US). When I passed the Express store I saw one of the sales guys call on his co-worker and they both came out of the store, pointing and staring after me as I walked away. All in all, didn't feel all that good.

I had a similar experience several years ago - I wasn't wearing heels, but I was wearing flat sandals, a mid-calf length denim skirt, and a knit top. But I was in no way trying to look like a girl - I have a beard after all! I was strolling through a local mall minding my own business. After about 30 minutes, as I was passing an area that had benches for seating, I heard several loud wolf whistles. Taking a discreet look in a nearby store window I noticed that everybody in the general area was staring at ... the guys who had whistled! Nobody, not even people in my immediate vicinity, was looking at me. Their attention was riveted on where the noise came from.

Shortly after that I entered the Express store and bought some new knit tops - the sales ladies were very professional. They pointed out tops that were on sale (2 for 1) and offered suggestions, not giving any impression that they were looking at a guy in a skirt. No snickering, double-takes, questions, etc. - just helpful professionalism all around.

My point in this ramble: You'll undoubtedly meet people in your life who will go out of their way to try and ridicule you - in the end it's they who are usually ridiculed by others. The vast majority of the public is either oblivious or unconcerned.

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Sometimes it's hard to know what to do in that situation. I treated him like I would a friendly drunk. And answered no to his questions, "Are you gay?" "Are you a drag queen?" "Are you wearing a thong?" One of the answers was a lie. He didn't ask me about hosiery. I would have liked to hit him, but he was at least twenty years younger than me and looked about 30% heavier, he was a stocky lad, and getting arrested for affray whilst wearing heels wouldn't have been good. I told him if he was going to take my picture and video me I'd have made sure to have a really nice pair of heels. Perhaps the clip is on the internet - who knows. And to love heel, as every one here says put it to the back of your mind, don't worry about it. It's good advice, you can't let yourself be dictated to by idiots.

maybe its not the best reaction but it was definitely favourable: i was on the main street this afternoon, wearing my 6 inch heel cupid boots, jeans which don't hide the heel, black sweater and black leather jacket. all in all i thought it looked fairly slick. i've taken to riding the public transit these days as i enjoy the kooky reactions i get from all the other riders. anyway. i was standing on the main street waiting for the bus and i didn't realize i was standing right outside a women's beauty salon. at first i thought the hairdressers were coming out to check out the fine weather or maybe have a cigarette. none of them were smoking and they came out in pairs, only for a few minutes. the bus was late so i started wandering up and down the street a little ways out of boredom. that's when i saw two of these hairdressers standing outside their shop, both of them staring right at my heels and smiling. one of them said: those are beautiful boots. the other said: you have great balance! well that was one of the best reactions i've heard in a day or two! i'm still out, its around 330 in the afternoon, i'm at an internet cafe and i've enjoyed all the attention a pair of fully exposed 6 inch heels will get you. but now my feet are starting to complain and i think its time to go home. one thing i'm pondering... if i can get so much time out of 7.5 inch heels without any complaints, than maybe a pair of boots with 7.5 inch heels is the way for me to go.

'kay, here's my diary... Worst: Actually none. Best: 1.) Some years ago I had a chat with my best friend's (now: ex-) girl friend. We talked about this and that and discussion came to clothing and stuff. Somehow I got overwhelmed and admitted my big crush for hig heels to her. 'Ooops', I thought, 'shouldn't I have...?'. But: 'So what!' she replied, 'why shouldn't you wear this? If you like it then go ahaed. I don't think that someone would actually mind...'. I was really baffled and didn't know what to say. Anyway, that gave me a lot of confidence for my passion. 2.) Two weeks and a half ago one of my co-worker discovered my heel-wearing. I've been wearing 4.75" platform boots with quite a chunky heel for some weeks now. Of course, I wear them together with boot-cut jeans so the shoes aren't too obvious. When she discovered it she doesn't noticed my shoes in the first place but she found out by 'accidentally' walking right behind me since we left the company for home the same time that day and found that I somehow walked like a women, she told me. That had her to take a closer look at my shoes: 'You're wearing such high heels...' - 'Doesn't it look right?' I asked in return. 'No, no, I was just wondering why you were walking like women do when they wear high heels!'. I asked her if some of my other colleagues noticed already. 'Probably not. Maybe only women will ever notice [short explanation: I work in the computer industry developing chip designs with almost all of my coworkers being male besides our team assistant and the two project coordinators; the girl who discovered my heel-wearing is one out of our three female engineers] since they know why someone walks that way you do right now...'. I gave her a lift (she asked for that the moment before she found out) and she still joined me so I knew my thing about high heels didn't make her feel uncomfortable being with me... ;o) So we continued to talk about that topic while driving home. She said she finds it funny/interesting but in no way ridiculous. She never met a guy like me who likes heels before, she added. 3.) One day I sat together with one of the other female co-worker at lunch time in the cafeteria and - guess what - discussion went to 'equality' (if this is the right term) and finally I said: 'Okay, if you girls want equal rights then men should be free to wear high heels as well!' - with a smile. She said: 'Why do you complain? That's what you've been doing for quite a while already...'. That day I also wore my 5.5" chunky heel loafers. Damn, she knew it. ;o) And I was so blind thinking that all my efforts to keep my heel wearing private would have been successful. After all I realized that it was somehow known and nobody seems to have an issue with this and so I felt/feel great. So I call it a good reaction of my 'environment' to my heel wearing. 4.) And one minor one: Again I wore bootcut jeans to hide my thigh high 5.5" heel platform boots when I went shopping. A young sales lady behind a both's desk spotted me and her jaw literally hit the floor. Her attention was apparently drawn by the click-clack-sound my boots had made. I noticed and responded with a big grin on my face and went on to complete my shopping tour. After I got everything I checked my appearance in a shop window and found that the heels were quite visible and the trousers didn't hide much of the shoes. I found out about that not before the end of that Friday nite's shopping tour. Hence, a lot of people must have seen me but no one actually said anything. Since I was finished there was no 'Undo'. Had I know beforehand I probably wouldn't have gone shopping like that. ... and yet two more very good reactions that I have already outlined somewhere else here on the forum some weeks/months ago. Okay, maybe I didn't receive any bad reaction because I've been wearing heels in public for only 4 years more or less obvious but rather less obvious than more, although one could tell that I'm in 'women's shoes' if one would look closely enough. @white_6_inch_spike_heels: Could you please put up some pics of your 6" and 7" boots? Would be very nice... :-? CU! -Mike

Sounds like a great diary of all going well!! I enjoyed it. Seems now that you wearing needn't be covered up as much. Good luckin the future and all the women at work. I am working on this issue myself...Jim

@white_6_inch_spike_heels: Thanks for letting me join your community. Pretty impressive, man. Especially the signs of a lot of wear on the soles of one of your white platform sandals. I wish I had the guts. I'm barely bold enough for my 4.75" chunky heeled platform knee boots under long flared jeans - but at least I do... CU! -Mike

I was walking down Oxford St yesterday and overheard a woman on the phone behind me. My ears came on line when I heard 'and he's wearing heels'. ..... so I turned around and said 'and I'm listening as well'. She muttered something unintelligible and hurried along. I couldn't have kept up if I wanted to .... she was wearing Ugg (uuk) boots. Xa

Xaphod wrote:

She muttered something unintelligible

What else can you expect from any woman wearing Ugg Boots?

Posted Image

(just in case you're wondering, there's currently 2203 pairs of Ugg Boots for sale on eBay.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I can't think of many uses for those. Does sheepskin burn...? The best rections I have seen are at a heel meet where I discretely keep a few paces back. Then you see the odd person open mouthed or looking back. 95% of people take it in their stride though, without so much as a second glance.

Bubba136:-) Instead of calling those boots UGG's, they should have called them UGLY, as they are downright UGGGGLY!!! I would go bare-foot in a Siberian winter before I would buy them. Let me put it another way---when H*** freezes over, I MIGHT think about a pair, but don't hold your breath on it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Actually the UGG boot is a AUSTRALIAN invention! but the yanks bought the rights to the name and another australian (who's father invented the ugg boot was sued and told he couldn't use the name "UGG" Greedy american companies :-? an australian tradition stopped by greed :D later, TXT-1

actually JimC he HAD to sell up: he ran into financial woes, one of thoese things I guess, damned if he did, damned if he didn't. sometimes we have to make choices even if they are the quicksand of choices I could spruke off things like that all day! LOL later, TXT-1

At my mother's request, I brought back a pair of Ugg-style boots from Australia in February. As soon as she got them on, guess what she said!? "Lovely, but couldn't you find a pair with a heel??" Grrrrr.... ps. Ugg boots are the ugliest footwear I have ever seen. Suitable only for abominable snowmen (and women).