The Wife's collection Part2

My wife agreed to do a couple more pair of her heels for everyone. She really liked the response from my first posting, So, for now a teaser picture, with more on the way. These are an older pair of her pumps from Footwear Beyond. Next up is my wife's favorite heels. They are from Sexy Shoes. They also happen to be one of my favorite pairs to see her in also. :smile:

post-22984-133522910696_thumb.jpg

post-22984-133522910709_thumb.jpg

Hiya Mr Friske Nice pictures, but how does anybody know these arnt just some generic shots taken from the internet or from some catalogue? The pictures are nice, but shots from the knee down, especially like this, look like they were taken straight out of a catalogue or some other website. Doesnt look like a home in the background? I'm not saying its not your wife, but I am saying, the audience has no indication that these pictures are even real given the "photoshop" like effects around the feet/legs where the legs meet the backgrounds...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

They look pretty real - though clearly you have an impressive lighting setup. We'd love to see more. Tell us more about your photography setup too! :smile:

Hiya Mr Friske

Nice pictures, but how does anybody know these arnt just some generic shots taken from the internet or from some catalogue?

The pictures are nice, but shots from the knee down, especially like this, look like they were taken straight out of a catalogue or some other website. Doesnt look like a home in the background?

I'm not saying its not your wife, but I am saying, the audience has no indication that these pictures are even real given the "photoshop" like effects around the feet/legs where the legs meet the backgrounds...

They Look Real to me, as do the first set. Please keep up the posting.

I know they look real, real legs, real shoes, what I was aiming at was actually that the background has a kind of blurryness where is meets the legs, "like" it was photoshopped, thats all. The pictures themselves are great, as are the legs, I was more focusing on the lack of anything else in the picture that would differenciate it from a catalogue picture for example.

Strangely, there seems to be more discussion about the photography then the heels. So, I'll address Tech's points and then my methods used to take the pictures. First, I wanted the pictures to have a studio look to them, therefore the "catalog" appearance. I also enjoy photography as a hobby and doing pictures like these let me enjoy both my passion for heels and photography. Also, we are private people that do want to show the inside of our home. If it were a requirement that we did , my wife would not pose for the pictures. My wife does actually take the catalog comment as a compliment since she says that if her legs are good enough for a catalog, then she is happy with that.:smile:

Now as for the methods used to take the pictures. I used a large desk covered with a gray sheet as a pedestal for my wife to rest on. The background is a simple white Sogi screen. I use a Photoshop program to change the color of the background as I feel. I am still learning the program, but am learning by doing practice like this. The first picture is not as well edged as the second.

Finely, at the request of bobsmith, the equipment used. I have a basic DSLR camera (a Sony A-200) mounted with a GN36 flash. The flash has a swivel head that I put in the straight up position so that it did not cast shadows. Also, in this mode, the flash is programed to full power for more light. It can produce too much light this way, but that can be fixed with the editing software if needed. Hopefully my wife will be in the modeling mood again soon, so I can share more pictures.

I'm glad she took it as the compliment it was intended as, I'm trying sooo hard to word things nicely so that everything I say doesnt get taken the wrong way like it normally does on this website. She looks like she has very nice legs indeed, and shoes, so she certainly has nothing to be shy about thats for sure, as for backgrounds, try green, its easier to crop in photoshop than white, so should give neater cut-outs, thus not needing that "blurring" effect. I'm sure we all look forward to seeing and hearing more from both of you, why not ask the wife if she wants to join and have her say on heels...

The mystery is solved. Thanks for the detailed explanation - we'd be happy to see more pictures like this! An alternative way to protect the privacy of your home is to take pictures on location in hotel rooms while on holiday.

An alternative way to protect the privacy of your home is to take pictures on location in hotel rooms while on holiday.

Interesting that you mention that, we did the first set of pictures on a weekend get away in our hotel room. I may have a different venue shortly, plus when the weather gets nicer, some outside shots as well. I have let my wife read all the responses here and she is quite flattered. I hope to have another set coming soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...