Check out where the heel is

barney15c

This styling is visually revolting. I just don't like heels mounted on the back of shoes as many of today's heels are. This heel design is the extreme example of positions heels shouldn't be placed on shoes. The perspective of foot support has been skewed. The connection of the heel is probably secure when new, but given the stress walking entails, the appliqued heel would soon loosen and break off.

Structural issues aside; this shoe style is UGLY!

It certainly is different, isn't it? Not the standard pump that we all are used to seeing. A standard that has been admired for 75 years or so.

But styles, especially shoes worn on "runways" during fashion shows, are used to accent "bold" new styles designers have created in an attempt to capture imaginations. So, while I think this design isn't particularly marketable, it serves a good purpose as a fashion accessory to the new style of dress the designer is showing. Or, something like that.....:smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In actual fact I syspect that it is constructed in the traditional way but made to look like the heel's tacked on the back.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's an old designer trick; do something different for the sake of doing something different; it's not to say it shouldn't be done but clearly this is not a design principle that is ever going to take off.

There are only ever going to be a finite number of general design solutions to the heel and i'm quite sure we've already found the most attractive ones (and probably most of the ugly ones too)

Like HiStiletto said the styling is visually revolting. On the other foot, however, it could be turned into a sort of makeshift and stylish tack hammer. Put on your regular high heels and hang all those pictures you've been wanting to hang from the walls in your home using these shoes to pound the nails! Then again maybe I'll just get a better-looking tack hammer. HappyinHeels:nervous:

Ugly then, ugly now! Looks like a blind guy was hired for the production department in a shoe factory. What a waist of good materials and it probably won't fly far for sales either. I certainly wouldn't buy a pair for myself. There are much better and more stylish heel designs available for the customer. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree in that they are not my style but I wouldn't criticize anyone for loving those shoes. What I do like is the fact that the chains are removable. So many times I've seen shoes that I like but wished they didn't have chains or some other accessory.

Lets all go home and go to bed and never do anything different ever again! I couldn't disagree more. Sure we can all highlight a few strange shoes but there have been so many amazing new ideas that only exist because designers have tried something new. I think the real problem starts when copycat companies try to interpret the edgy designers and do it really badly. The Velvet Angels boots are a poor version of a Nicholas Kirkwood platform.

It appears that the platform will fall completely off of that pair of boots. I can't see how it would be possible to wear them successfully. Besides that they are ugly and certainly not my style. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing's for certain, it's damned bizarre looking. Certainly NOT my cup of tea!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!