In search of Boots with a rear zipper

Boots4Me

I love fashionable boots with a rear zipper and was wondering if anyone knows an online supplier who may carry such a style in a 12-13 size (45 EU) with a 4"+ heel?? I have looked on a few of the more popular online stores without success. This would be an easy purchase if I was a 9-10.

You can find fashionable boots with back zip here:

http://www.diva-heels.com/boots/

I do not know about the sizes this bootmaker will do. Just ask him.

And they won't be cheap either...:smile:

Have fun,

manoleat

No address either and the website is registered to a PO box in Germany. What are they hiding if they are as good as they say they are?

The angels have the phonebox.

Thanks Manoleat. As the good doctor said, they certainly are "lush" boots. I love the cognac "Momentum" boots but unless I win the lottery I'd say they would be way out of my league price wise. On first inspection I reckon they would be at least $800-900 and add a flight to Germany from Australia (which I suspect is their location) for the sizing and we are looking at around $3000 which is way too much for me but thanks for the find all the same. If anyone else knows of a cheaper alternative for rear zipper boots, I'd love to hear from you.

Boots4me:-) I don't have any leads at the moment, but I can tell you this. I have had a couple of pairs of boots in the past with rear zippers and the sensation of the foot going into the boot, the inclination of the heel and how the boot encloses the foot while being zippered up is truely sensational. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Boots4me:-)

I don't have any leads at the moment, but I can tell you this. I have had a couple of pairs of boots in the past with rear zippers and the sensation of the foot going into the boot, the inclination of the heel and how the boot encloses the foot while being zippered up is truely sensational.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Ohhh Dawn did you have to do that!! :smile: Now I'm even more determined to get a pair of rear zipper boots. That sensation you so wonderfully described is what I am after as well as the fashionable look.

Cheers

Boots4Me

Boots4me:-)

I don't have any leads at the moment, but I can tell you this. I have had a couple of pairs of boots in the past with rear zippers and the sensation of the foot going into the boot, the inclination of the heel and how the boot encloses the foot while being zippered up is truely sensational.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yes, I'm a sucker for that feeling too.

Boots4Me, have you considered tracking down an Australian bootmaker?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, I'm a sucker for that feeling too.

Boots4Me, have you considered tracking down an Australian bootmaker?

Great idea Dr Shoe, I think that will be the only way I will get rear zipper boots in my size. I found an Australian company on the net called after dark creations who custom make boots but they don't have any rear zipper boots in their range that I can see and it appears that they import their custom stock from known manufacturers rather than make boots themselves but I will email them to see if they can be of assistance.

Manoleat, thanks again for the tip but off the shelf rear zipper boots appear to be the domain of the sub size 10 boot wearer. I'd kill for size 8-9 feet.

Gooogle "bespoke shoemaker australia" and you should find what you're looking for. Don't worry if they seem conservative as a proper bespoke shoemaker will be used to doing stuff for the stage etc.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Gooogle "bespoke shoemaker australia" and you should find what you're looking for. Don't worry if they seem conservative as a proper bespoke shoemaker will be used to doing stuff for the stage etc.

Thanks again Dr Shoe. You're a wonderful font of boot/shoe knowledge. Unfortunately one thing I'm starting to discover, is that custom made boots be it here is Aus or overseas seem to start at around the $1000 mark. Unfortunately it looks like I have champagne tastes with a beer budget so whilst I'd love a pair of rear zipper boots in my size, until someone decides to factory line back zip boots in size 13/45 to get them sub $500 they will probably be a pipe dream for me.

Well subsequent to my previous post, for those of you who are following my journey to find boots with rear zippers, I have now found two internet companies with rear zipper boots and another that is willing to make their boots with a rear zipper.

The first is 6inchheelsforever with their model UKB

http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/shoepage.php?querytype=id&searchstring=UKB

From the photos they look very nice but if anyone has purchased this particular model of boot, I'd love to hear some feedback from you.

The second one is Glamourboots.com and their model Countess.

http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/shoepage.php?querytype=id&searchstring=UKB

These boots do look very good quality but it is also reflected in the price.

And the 3rd is estresmodes/antonio camino omano who said they are able to make their boots with a rear zipper and in some cases for no extra charge

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280422216373

Well it looks like I have some thinking to do....

So the price range seems to be nearly the same. I once had two pairs of Jean Gaborit boots (or Glamourboots) and have to say that they make boots in very fine quality: The leathers, the stitching and everything else. But I also can assure you that they run one size small with high heels (flats are nearly true to size). That is the only recommendation I can make about the three makers you named. Good luck with your choice!

Boots4me:-) As I and others have said, slipping into a pair of rear zipper boots is quite incredible. I do hope that you find just what you are looking for and can post us that you have been successful. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!