Who has more heels?

alba2000

Who has more heels...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who has more heels...

• I do!
    • both have the same number
    • my wife/partner/significant other

After buying a new pair of heels last weekend it hit me during the week that I now have more pairs than my wife. :smile: Granted, she doesn't like wearing heels so it's maybe not as impressive as it sounds! It got me thinking whether that was common amongst the community...

Looks like I'm the first to say my wife has more than me. Personally I love that she has quite a few heels. To me it's not a competition, just a good thing that we both have some that we like. I love seeing her in heels and I'm the perfect excuse for her to buy more. In the same way, she is very supportive of me getting good looking heels. I'd have more if I could find a wider range of quality shoes that fit me. I think I'm one size too large to fit the regular range and I'm not a big fan of the 'Pleaser' type brands. I have a few pairs, but they are simply not as nice as the other shoes I have.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

To me it's not a competition, just a good thing that we both have some that we like.

It's not really a competition thing for me either... it was more that it happened and I didn't realise initially. I just thought it was kind of funny. :-)

I 'only' have 7 pairs, so it's not like my wardrobe is overflowing. At least I don't think it is, my wife might think differently! :smile:

Mickey has always had more heels than I, some that she never had out of the box and only on her feet when trying them on in the shoe stores. All of my pairs were worn as much as possible, some till they literally fell off of my feet and had to be put into the garbage. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My collect, of let's just say quite a few heels, has happened over time as my eyes were enamored by their exhibition and then by the way they fit and felt as I wore them. Which means I have way too many, then again, some are the same so that I will be able to replace some of my favorites when the first ones become broken and/or critically unrepairable/unwearable. Those heels that are so high that I can't walk at a normal high heeled gait can't be put into this use arena, no matter how much I like wearing them. As a practical point, the use factor is a big part of the amount of heels a person should have, as opposed to too many. There is little chance a person with over a hundred heels will be able to or should wear all of them with in a year. Now a person with ten to twenty pairs would probably have a better chance to have a coordinated wardrobe to use all of their heels with in a few months, if they are seasonally appropriate and depending on their lifestyle and area of available activities.

Good question, a bit embarassed to say I actually do have more than my wife (about 30 for me to 15 for her). Sounds like its a recurring theme here though, so I don't feel that bad. I really should downsize though, I've gotten to the point where about 2/3 of them never leave the closet anymore, many of them being an impulse buy that didn't really pan out to be a realistic shoe for me to be in public with. Just so hard for me to let any of them go though :smile:

A quick count revealed that each of us have 18 pairs.

That is parity!

Y.

Humm!

Posted Image 26th February 2010, 14:18 #50 (permalink) yozz

VIP Member

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am Male

Posted ImageRe: How

common are men in stilletos?

I never go out in stiletto's. Actually I have only one pair of stiletto heels and they are

not very comfortable. I prefer block heels, ir stacked heels (a bit conical).

Somehow, when I look in the mirror, they seem to fit better with me.

The real fun is to put an outfit together that makes the whole look natural.

I know I will get some feathers ruffled here, but to me this stuff of higher and higher,

and thinner and thinner heels feels a bit 'macho'. Of course, everybody their own

taste and hence I am not trying to criticize, it is just that I won't follow that fashion.

I am quite happy with my own. And that is what it is all about.

Do what makes you feel happy and you will feel happy. We are not here for

boasting rights.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Humm!

I wonder what your point is.

The question was high heels, not stiletto.

We have dominantly about 3 inch either block or conical heels.

Of course I admire your research capabilities, but here I must say

that somehow you missed a point.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I must admit I am enjoying reading all these posts! It seems I am not so unusual after all! I wonder if this leads to another question as a few people have mentioned the same circumstances as me... i.e. my wife doesn't enjoy heels so is there some kind of additional need on my part to wear them since she rarely wears heels of any kind. Who knows... probably a whole other thread, I should stick to topic! :smile: Thanks again for all the great posts so far! :)

My wife has more tennis shoes, closed-toe flats, kneeboots, and flip-flops than I do and her heel range is 1/2" to 4.5" (1-11cm). My lowest heel of any kind is a Steve Madden loafer in neutral with a 4" wedge that can be worn anywhere. The rest are wedges 4.5-7" (11-17cm), closed and peep-toe platform pumps 4.5-6"(11-15cm), ankle boots 4-5" (10-12.5cm), kneeboots with 5-7" (12.5-17cm) heels, and my "party" shoes; platform sandals with 6-8.5" (15-21cm) heels. She has more overall shoes while I have more heels. HappyinHigherHeels:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I have 45 pairs of hgih heel shoes in my home.I had just purchase a new pair of 5" Ellie White pumps w/ ankle straps. I never had this many shoes when I was just being a male.

That is a problem that most men that wear heels have. There are so many more styles of women's shoes, compared to men's shoes, men usually have a great time buying all of the different styles that appeal to them I know that I do, Boots, pumps, slings, plats, etc.,

Now, if youi can muster up the courage to wear them in public, that will just be frosting on the (shoe} cake. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

I admit I do, my fiance' has even suggested to me about getting rid of some of older and less glamous looking pairs. This way I can get some new ones. We are both looking at pumps and some of the over the knee fashion boots for the upcoming season