trip to banana shoes anyone?

bladerunner

Why not pick up the phone and ask them?

Partly due to a dislike of phones but mainly because I have found from previous experience over many years that a yes answer from a retailer may not be entirely truthful and feedback via a forum like this is impartial.

Once bitten twice shy - Another supplier, I stress not Banana, has a well advertised shop but does not state that when you get there most items in larger sizes are not ex-stock items nor are they available to try on via the shop. That experience wasted the time on the motorway detour and around 80 miles of extra driving. As I couldn't check fit & quality they lost the sale on that day and I am not going to buy from them (or anyone else) unseen on-line.

well i have now found out that the 'shop' is'nt a shop just a warehouse...pity...and they are only open monday to friday 10 til 5pm,but they lady i spoke to said there would be no problem to visit and try any shoes on providing they could get the ones i wanted from the warehouse...still ..might be worth a trip as meadowhall isnt too far from here.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

..... went there some years ago. They're all legit and above board and carry a reasonable selection in their warehouse. The lady who served us was fine about guys trying on heels. As I remember, she asked us to give her some advance warning of our visit and the shoes we wanted to try so that she could have the boxes ready and waiting for us. ..... all in all, nothing to worry about. Xa

• 1 month later...

yes can confirm bananashoes is a smallish unit on an Industrial Estate on the outskirts of Rotherham. Not too far away from me. It is a building full of racking full of shoe boxes of the stock on their website. They have a section in the corner which is like an office and they will fetch any style you have requested for you to try on. Unfortunately when i went the manufacturer had altered the style a little form the website pictures so i didnt purchase but the lady there and the younger assistant were fairly helpful. Meadowhall is a 2 minute drive from there :wave: and there is a fair amount of shoe shops there. NL