Unisex

Greg2010

Should High heels be unisex?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should High heels be unisex?

• Yes
    • May be
    • No

I have to say that this appears to be a rather silly question given the fact that the vast majority of people who post here are guys who wear or would like to wear heels. It's a bit like asking delegates at the Conservative Party conference which party they are going to vote for!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

All fashion not available for men should be designed for male bodies BUT with as many variations and styles as there are for women. Remember - women have the same variations as males - I am tired of double standard for women ALL stuff is OK, for males just "manly" things - we are not second hand people and our bodies are different from women's but still look good!At least in my country, in Europe, all men's fashion is available for women and is especially designed for their bodies.And still many women buy shoes and clothes from the men's department and surprise,surprise-no one bats an eye!

I think we should use body rather than sex to determine what is acceptable. If you have the body to look good in it, go fo it. I actaully, catch myself during the day asking myself "would I like to see that in stillettos?" It's a rather fun little diversion.

i voted maybe, because im not so sure i'd get the thrill out of wearing heels i do now if they were actually designed for men.

I voted yes thinking heel fashion would not change; or in other words hoping that the shoe industry would not make ugly men heels as they usually do for most men shoes.

HHUUMM! The notation of Unisex connotes the dulling down or adaptation of items that can be worn by both women and men which are within the stereotype of society's labeling. If a person is satisfied with this option, then they have the right to choose it.

When a person puts on any item of clothing, that has been known to be an externally worn item (as opposed to underwear) and the item is perceived to pass all the qualifications for the look wanted by the wearer, then the item should be in the wearer's wardrobe selections. As an example: My Sunday suit consist of a women's double breasted blazer with a pair of pants of the same material that I added to complete the illusion of a complete suit and it fits me very well. It even reminds me to start working out more when I have over indulged at the dinner table.

The sex status of the underwear items doesn't matter, because they are usually never seen or noticed by anyone, except the wearer. So if a man or a woman wants to fit into a corset, that is their business. I just hope they can bend and breathe all right.

As much as I have done the blame game concerning how much society has gypped men out of their right to choose the things they will wear, if I don't stand up for my right to wear the footwear that I profess the desire to wear, namely high stiletto court shoes, the fault is mine. We have given others control over the areas that are our choices to make for too long and then blamed them for being unhappy and unsatisfied. We don't want others to be settled with any less than they are, why do we let it slide when the focus is on us?

hoping that the shoe industry would not make ugly men heels as they usually do for most men shoes.

Yeah if they started to make heels for men they should make them look sexy but not to feminine nor ugly looking.

I have to say that this appears to be a rather silly question given the fact that the vast majority of people who post here are guys who wear or would like to wear heels. It's a bit like asking delegates at the Conservative Party conference which party they are going to vote for!

Silly question or not I find what others have to say to be very intresting!

I think we should use body rather than sex to determine what is acceptable. If you have the body to look good in it, go fo it. I actaully, catch myself during the day asking myself "would I like to see that in stillettos?" It's a rather fun little diversion.

Thoughts like that scare me a bit..

Isn't saying "you can only wear this and that if you have the correct body type" just as bad as saying "you can only wear this and that if you have the correct gender"?

There's probably a decent amount of people out there that doesn't think I should wear stilettos either if they were to decide. Should I take that into concideration every time I go out in public?

Instead of saying "if you have the body for it" I would like to say "if you want to"

There's already way to many people out there worrying about what other people think about them instead of just doing what they want to feel good. If that means wearing stilettos even though you're not the kind of person people would find attractive in heels then so be it.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

I voted maybe but what I would like to see is men’s shoes but in the style of women’s

. I believe should wear what they feel comfortable in, but still have gendered shoes as men generally choose different heels to women.

Ami what you have said has made me think, if there was heeled men’s shoes being sold in stores would we still be looking at the women’s side of the store or would we be content with what we got????.

If there was heeled men’s shoes being sold in stores would we still be looking at the women’s side of the store or would we be content with what we got????.

This depends on the individuals who wear heels. Some men wear 4 to 5" stilettos with out platforms and some women prefer wearing equivalently high blocked heels with platforms.

If I have the same variety of shoes and clothes as women have but made for men I would never buy anything from the women's section.Women have all that men have as colours,models and so on - so one day we males should have that too in order TO BE EQUAL - do you think that it was normal for females of my grandmother's generation to wear trousers and other "masculine" apparel?Well, think twice! I have never tried to impersonate women (pads,wigs and so on), I am a freestyler and feel good with my natural male physics.

The only reason I voted no was that many years ago there was a shoe company that designed and made custom shoes, specializing in high heels. The made some shoes called "unisex" high heels. What they looked like were like, take a pair of men's wing-tip shoes and put a "high heel" on them and it was called a unisex high heeled shoe. All of the unisex high heels looked really ugly to me and it wasn't something I would have worn. I have seen some me's shoes with higher heels (such as ballroom dance shoes) that don't look bad. Maybe it's because I can't get the image of those ugly "unisex high heels" out of my mind.

I guess if there were "unisex" heel options, that would also mean that high heels had finally become acceptable for men, and that of course would be a dream. :smile: It also would give me more choices as I don't always particularly like extremely feminine looking heels on my feet most of the time. I think they of course look great on many women, but I really just like the feel of a high heel that is comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and I wouldn't mind a little bit more neutral looking options being there to choose from at times. I would hope it wouldn't automatically mean those would be ugly shoes as roniheels mentioned, but who knows. I think it would just open some additional options up for all.

The only reason I voted no was that many years ago there was a shoe company that designed and made custom shoes, specializing in high heels. The made some shoes called "unisex" high heels. What they looked like were like, take a pair of men's wing-tip shoes and put a "high heel" on them and it was called a unisex high heeled shoe. All of the unisex high heels looked really ugly to me and it wasn't something I would have worn. I have seen some me's shoes with higher heels (such as ballroom dance shoes) that don't look bad. Maybe it's because I can't get the image of those ugly "unisex high heels" out of my mind.

I recall those ugly boots being worn by Venis Fly trap and Dr. Fever on WKRP (Tv series from the 80's) it's been a while since I've seen repeats of WKRP on air. I gather these are the "unisex high heels" you're talking about?

Histiletto nailed it again. Even if there were heels made specially for men, I can still see a lot of men buying what would be considered women's heels. In which case, manufacturers would to expand their sizing range to accomodate the huge influx of male customers.

Hiya There Everyone. :-)

Not trying to sound too far off the wall but... besides finally puting us Gents into the TREND SETTING\SETTERS realm of the Fashion World it just may again help out some of the Ladies as well, being that (Sorry Ladies) those looking at (a) certain style(s) but still couldn't due to size availabilities can now fulfill their desires as much as we ours.

How do you feel about that ???

Boots Rock!!!!

Hey bootluvr, I'm all for creating the opportunity to have larger sizes of high heels available to all who need them, but your wording seems to denote we are in competition with the ladies for this outcome. Walking side by side with women rather than in the competitive position against them seems like a better light to shine, especially in this thread of unisex ideas. I'm more concerned about the compromising that might go on to formulate the unisex look. The example, such as: men's winged tips on heels as roniheels has brought to our attention, would kill the whole idea for me. For those of us who are particular in their choice of heels to wear, compromising in this area for me wouldn't even be part of the discussion.

It's people's attitudes towards the wearing of heels that should be unisex, not the heels themselves.

Exactly! And we have the power to develop this attitude in ourselves and when others see us, they can question our reasons for wearing the high heels we choose, and then they can join in upon hearing the explanation or reasoning, if they prefer.

i believe that high heels should be unisex. they should have whatever sole and heel combination you feel like such as 5'' stiletto with a 1'' platform or a 3'' chunky heel and single sole. as long as they dont look too girly then they could be classed as unisex. you can actually buy a unisex high heel shoe. i have posted a picture of a unisex boot with a 6''+ heel which are actually sold as unisex. there is also a black court shoe with a 5'' chunky heel that MIGHT get away with being classed as unisex but there is no way that you could call the sandal unisex as it is too girly looking. at the end of the day this is just my personal opinion. everyone has different views. a transvestite is more likely to want a girly looking pair where as someone like myself would go for the court style. we must also remember that high heels were worn by men in the 1970's including myself. would these have been classed as unisex

post-17818-133522910658_thumb.jpg

post-17818-133522910664_thumb.jpg

post-17818-133522910665_thumb.jpg