Which finger for rings?

Mr. X

This is for all of the single people out there. I was wondering which finger or fingers you wear your rings on? And is there any significance as to which finger you wear them on? I bought a ring yesterday and I was wearing it on my left hand next to the pinkie. I am a left handed person and that is wear it felt most comfortable on me and fit the best. When I showed it to my mother she said it was nice but that I should wear it on my other hand as that is the "marriage" finger. On my right hand it feels oddly out of place and it doesn't fit as good. Any thoughts?

Traditionally, Mom is correct; the fourth finger is called the "ring finger." That being said, there is no law that you have to follow that way. In addition, unless it appears to be a wedding band, who would think twice? And even if it did, who cares???

It's all about the heel!

Traditionally, Mom is correct; the fourth finger is called the "ring finger." That being said, there is no law that you have to follow that way. In addition, unless it appears to be a wedding band, who would think twice? And even if it did, who cares???

Third finger, left hand is traditionally the 'ring finger', unless you count the Thumb as a finger.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Third finger, left hand is traditionally the 'ring finger', unless you count the Thumb as a finger.

Being on the left hand side of the pond, we count the thumb!

It's all about the heel!

Actually which hand depends. According to the Dutch Wikipedia the wedding ring is worn at the right hand, unless you are Roman Catholic in which case it is the left hand. With the engagement ring it is the opposite. It would be nice to hear whether other countries have similar differences. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually which hand depends.

According to the Dutch Wikipedia the wedding ring is worn at the

right hand, unless you are Roman Catholic in which case it is the

left hand.

With the engagement ring it is the opposite.

It would be nice to hear whether other countries have similar

differences.

Y.

thats not completely correct

we are roman catholic and while the wedding band is worn on the left hand, so is the engagement ring as they are typically worn behind each other.

aside from that, i have a college ring i wear on my right ring finger at times, i also have 2 pinky rings, sometimes i wear both on opposite hands, other times i just wear one.

for me thats it, but i dont think it really matters that much as most rings can typically be worn on any finger

I don't think it really matters. If it looks like a wedding ring, then it's probably a wedding ring. We have matching platinum rings. They are just rings with no ornamentation. His is larger, mine's is smaller. He wears his on the left hand and i wear mines on my right hand, middle finger because it no longer fits on my ring finger. I need to lose some weight....

• 4 weeks later...

The ring finger on the left hand is for wedding rigs, etc. However, I am of the opinion that if you wear a ring on that finger, as long as it isn't a simple band, it likely won't be confused as such. As far as wearing rings, I have at least one ring for every finger (as well as thumbs) and have worn them in various combination. Like shoes, jewelery can be fun as well....

Style is built from the ground up!

This is for all of the single people out there. I was wondering which finger or fingers you wear your rings on? And is there any significance as to which finger you wear them on?

I bought a ring yesterday and I was wearing it on my left hand next to the pinkie. I am a left handed person and that is wear it felt most comfortable on me and fit the best. When I showed it to my mother she said it was nice but that I should wear it on my other hand as that is the "marriage" finger. On my right hand it feels oddly out of place and it doesn't fit as good.

Any thoughts?

I think you should wear a ring on which finger is comfortable. I dont see why a ring on the left ring finger should indicate anything unless its a wedding ring or wedding band.So much of these rules are really old fashion.Im single and have worn a silver signet ring on my left pinky finger for years. Barbara