high heels/high heel boots in public?

destheman

Hi Destheman, As mentioned in a previous thread, I have worn my boots in public places, but only when nobody is around. I guess you could say that it is a way of easing into wearing boots in more public places. I have a long commute every day so what I do is after work, I slip on my boots when I get into the car and then after searching google maps I look for a place that I will feel comfortable, like less built up areas, country lanes or parks. I then get out of the car and go for a stroll. I always take my phone with a camera built in to record the walk so I can relive it whenever I am unable to take my booted walks. I really do love wearing my boots when driving and do so now every day which gives me my daily boot fix. Learning to drive in high heels took a bit of practice and I did encounter some initial discomfort whilst my feet adjusted to the new positioning, but now the discomfort is gone, I can change gears and accelerate with the best of them and my boots are like a second skin. Such a wonderful feeling. I also love wearing leather gloves (which are actually elbow length and hidden under my jacket), and as we are now heading into our Winter I am looking forward to many commutes and outings in my boots and gloves. :smile:

THanks for sharing that with me. Looks like we have a common thing. I too like to drive in my boots and gloves, and do go look for quiet places late at night to walk around in. A few times ive been brave enough to walk into petrol stations and convenient stores with my boots on, over my jeans.

There are a few Aussie members here that have had some experience with public heeling, but I'm not aware of any of them being non-Melbournites. I'm in Melbourne and I've gone out a few times in 5" stiletto heels. Just last week I went out to dinner with my wife and a friend of mine. I had fishnets and a skirt on too. As usual, nobody says anything to me. I'm not sure as to whether it's just the way Melbounre is, or if it would be the same in other major cities as well. My advise to you is to do whatever you want to do with confidence. If you feel uncomfortable, people will notice. I contantly see people saying that they go out on their own, to some place they never normally go, to experience their first high heel outings. Whilst I understand the principle behind this behaviour, I think it's doing it the wrong way around. From personal experience, going somewhere you know very well is far more comforting. I'm sure you must have someone you know that you can tell your feelings about heels to. I think it far smarter to tell someone you know and trust, than to walk out amongst people who you have no idea about. Once you tell them, you can have someone with you when you go out for the first time. They can comfort you if you get any adverse reactions and may even help motivate you when the dreaded fear strikes. I think the hardest thing to workout is the idea that your not a freak of nature. There are many people who do all kinds of non-conventional things. It may be different than the normal, but that doesn't make you damaged, or some sort of weirdo. It is society that has the issue, not you. When it comes down to it, they are just shoes. You just want to try a different style of shoe, one that has an aesthetically appeal that challenges current conventions.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Wonderful words ShoeDre, I wish i had your intestinal fortitude. For me public outings will be baby steps as this is really my first expression on any forum of my desire to wear Hi-heeled boots. Even Destheman's foray into a service station is too advanced for me at the moment but I will get there someday. I wish my Wife was as understanding as yours. She kind of accepts that I like to wear boots but she is not supportive in any way and therefore my boot wearing has to be discreet. :smile: I'm originally from Melbourne and I can see how the environment may be more accepting of our desires but I guess there are as many accepting people as there are ignorant buffoons no matter where you go and I agree that a familiar environment with supportive friends is without doubt the way to go.

Wow ShoeDr, i love that you can walk around confidently with your wife and friend. Ive tried telling people i know in the past about my love for boots, but all have been bad experiences. Past relationships have ended because of my boot fetish. Ive been to melbourne once before, i quite like it alot better there than here in Sydney. Everyone there seem very friendly. Maybe next time im down there, ill try walking around in my boots. I wish i had someone to confide in about my boot fetish. But i know alot of my friends would just make fun of me.

Hi destheman,

I'm a melbournian, and have been out in public a few times, rather than write all about those experiances all over again, maybe you can check out my thread and have a look through what i had to say about heeling in melbourne from my (although not very broad) experiance :smile:

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/15339-heelguy_s_adventures.html

wow.... it's great to see so many active Aussie on the boards here...... destheman - I too, like you, haven't been brave enough to really do too much public heeling..... like you (again), I've put petrol in and walked in the petrol station to pay a few times but this is done usually in strange hours of the night (after 11pm at the earliest)..... have walked into the supermarket (24 hrs Coles) a few time after midnight to pick up a few things in heels too.... the most adventurous I've been is a few times after working later on a weekday (say after 9ish), I would change into a pair of heels (stilettos a few times) to be worn with my suit on the train ride home... The station I get off is pretty quiet but there's always at least a dozen or so other people getting off..... and I would walk home in the heels from the train station..... the walk is not a long one (10-15 minutes or so in high heels) but it does require crossing quite a busy road via a well lit zebra crossing and also walk past a well frequent pub..... the feeling is amazing each time I get to do this..... that is if I don't chicken out from it on the train..... even though I've done the above outing a fair few times, I'm still no where near comfortable or confident enough to do it all the time..... there are loads of time when I'm prepare to do something (eg on the train with the heels or at the petrol station or supermarket) and then chicken out the last minute, eventhough i haven't had any negative reaction so far (that said, haven't really had any positive reaction either)..... it all depends on how strongly I feel on the day..... Heelguy - just had a good read of your other thread.... mate, you are a true inspiration.....

aussieheels great to hear your experiences. You are far braver than I am. I hope to get to where you are at soon. As others have said, its all about confidence and comfortable surroundings. I fear that one bad experience will throw me right back in my shell so I am at the very careful stage of wearing my boots. I'm sure that once my confidence grows, I'll be able to handle any bad experiences that come my way. I too have chickened out on many occasions but I'll keep pushing myself to be a bit bolder over time. I think public transport is a bit of a way off for me but I really do admire your courage in taking those trips. I think we Aussies are starting to make a presence on this board. We could almost have the numbers to start our own group here. So which city do you live in? I'm from Sydney like Destheman.

Aussieheels1, thanks for having a read through! glad you liked what i had to say and my experiances. You sound far braver than me though, as i will avoid any human contact what so ever while public heeling unless im literally forced into the situation where i have to be. I have also done the servo in heels a few times, but the counter is so high that i doubt they even notice. My heel outing in the city a few weeks ago was the boldest step ive taken in going out in public. Boots4me - i'll get an aussie thread going where we can all post up where we're from, and maybe even organise meets in the near future if people are game enough?

I agree with Aussieheels, heelguy you are an inspiration. Just like you AussieHeels, i have my moments where im confident, but a majority of the time i sit in my car wanting to walk into a servo or convenient store, but i chicken out. Even tho ive done it a few times, i still get scared every single time. But all the times i do walk in, its such a rush. Also just like you i only go out in public in heels late at night, usually around 1 in the morning or later. The fewer people the better. Usually around old people, or taxi drivers for some reason im not affraid, im actually more worried about bumping into people i know, and how they would react.

Boots4Me - I' in Sydney as well..... I wouldn't consider me brave..... let's put it this way, I've had the intend to go out in heels and chicken out last minute way more than actually going through with it.... even if I have prepare/planned and ready to go..... was hoping it gets easier after the first time..... Heelguy - mate.... you are way braver than me.... i can't even dream about walking around town in the city with pubs and clubs around like you have..... I suppose out mind set is probably a little different.... i prefer getting petrol, supermarket, train and walk home probably because I feel that they are specific task I'm doing and somehow, I feel that I can control the situation..... Whereas, what you have done, I think would freak me out as it is not something I do often and thus i feel the amount of variables that I may encounter and have to deal with is too much for me to handle..... even though (rationally) none of those scenario will actually eventuate..... DesTheMan - i know what you mean, like you I think my biggest fear is running into someone I know or recognise me...... as much as I'm worried about people reaction or being laughed at etc.... what would really absolutely alter my life (which I'm not prepare for) is that if someone I know see me in heels and it gets back to other acquaintance and then to my close family and friends..... it really shouldn't be that big a deal for just wearing a nice pair of heels but that's my biggest fear....

Glad to see that so many Aussies are joining the Forum here. By reading the stories here on the Forum you will see that we have all met the same problems that you are now encountering and have successfully streetheeled beyond them here in the States in most cases and you too can get through this also. It is mostly a mind game and once you get beyond that and build confidence that you can streetheel most anywhere and at any time of the day or night then things smooth out and the enjoyment quotion goes sky high for you. Just put on your high heeled shoes or boots as you would any other pair of shoes and go out and do just whatever it is that you must do for that day or night and go anywhere at anytime and do it. If you have a G/F or wife or friend that can go with you, so much the better. If you go by yourself, do it. Don't worry about any comments that you may receive, good or bad, as if you show great confdence in what you are doing things will turn out right for you. Just remember that people are more concerned in what they are doing than just what you have on your feet. Learn to accept compliments and the right way to reply to them and if you receive a bad one, just chalk it up to what it is worth which in most cases very little or nothing at all. Keep us all posted on the Forum as we all would be interested in your heeling adventures "down under". Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

hahaaaa.... aussie pride eh :)

yeah... love the highest ones.... but they are also the ones i'm most likely going to chicken out on.... so might go a little conservative so as to actually go through with it....

haha, listen to me and i'm not even aussie! Im actually english, but have been living over here for 2years now! i absolutely love it!

That's fair enough, wear what you feel comfortable in to begin with to get your bearings being out in heels, then go for the ones that excite you the most! you'll find that once you've been out in your highest and favourite pair, the more conservative heels feel even less abnormal and you tend to think about the fact you're wearing heels alot less :smile:

what!! u r a pommie..... i'm not going to chat to you or listen to your advice again lol..... thanks.... yeah... i suppose it's a trade off with me..... i much rather go out in heels a little bit incognito (and hide it abit under my jeans and all) rather not go out in heels at all.... :smile:

Aussieheels1:-) We all have started out hiding our heels under long jeans with only an inch of heel showing while standing. There are a lot of girls that wear that same look when they are out. Then as you gain more confidence you can show more heel if you desire to. Keep in mind that more heel shows when you are walking and definately shows when you sit down somewhere. Just put your heels on and go about your business as you would in any other pair of shoes. After all they are just shoes and it is all a mind game that we all have played when first heeling in public. Once you get around that you will suddenly realize that you are having the time of your life and wearing heels while doing so. After a while you suddenly realize that you have completely forgotten that you have heels on as they become second nature. Enjoy yourself whiile you can as life is short enough and you don't get a second chance if you pass something up the first time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 year later...

I came across this post. My wife does not like that I wear womans shoes. But lucky for me she is out of town 3 days a week. I am a straight male. I am in South Dakota and have to pick where I wear heels carefully. I have wore my red 4" and Red 6" platfom pumps to a local gaybar. and they dont care. I have bought most of my heels at the local payless and most of the times put them on and wore them out the store. I just bought a pair of 3" wedge pumps and with the fact that they are quiet I might wear them more. I have several pair of 3-4 womans boots non with block heels that I wear often, Its a shame that I wear them during the day but I cant enjoy it with my wife because she has a hang up on thats it is woans shoes, I told a sales staff if I wanted to dress up as a woman I would out on a sweatshirt, jogging pants, and flipfops

I told a sales staff if I wanted to dress up as a woman I would out on a sweatshirt, jogging pants, and flipfops

That's priceless, jerbare. What was their response?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I find this a pretty interesting thread today. As many have said, I have had the racing heart and bailing out at the last second after arriving somewhere that I fully intended to visit in heels. I will share this trick that I have used a few times - don't take any other shoes with you. It was either go barefoot or go home. For whatever reason, being in public this week has been a big deal to me. I visited the dry cleaner with 4 inch strappy sandals. Went to a department store at one of the less frequented malls in town. Definitely got some looks. Had on a 5 inch sling back heels with an open toe. Actually went to shoe department and tried on a pair of heels. This was my first time in a "full service" environment. The clerk was no fun. She brought the heels OU se them on the counter and finally realized the they were for me. Didn't see her again... Had to travel today and knew I was passing a decent outlet mall - 9 West, Guess and Aldo all have stores there. Decided to wear some pretty high wedge sandals. Recently had my nail tech do black french tips on my toes. Went to all three stores - pretty obvious why i was at 9 West and Aldo. To my dismay, none of the sales people even mentioned it! The day I was looking for attention ( not much fear of seeing anyone I know) nobody seemed to care. That was pretty disappointing. Anyway. Keep looking for those opportunities to wear your heels. I am very much a novice and my g/f does not support and no one knows, but it does get easier. You may even find yourself looking for the right kind of attention and not getting it.

Keep it up Stealth4Now and you will have to change your user name.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted, buy the way the heels in my avatar are one of them that I have worn to the bar. The only coments that i get are usally from the gals is that great heels and then I wish i could wear a pair like that maybe to much time in flipflops

• 2 months later...

i go everywhere in highheel boots. Chunky heels with a side zip. I wear them with long bell bottoms. I dont like the look of the heel too much, but like the feel of walking on my toes. With a very high arch, heels dont hurt my ankles, but flats will kill me.