My first public appearance in heels. Tell us about yours

I will always remember my first public appearance in high heels. It was at a supermarket. I was wearing the 7.5'' Pleaser XTC826 heels that are in my avatar. I was raising money for charity and I was wearing them to promote a 5 mile walk to raise money for Help for Heroes. As you may expect I had more than my fair share of weird looks from members of the public. You might ask yourself if I felt embarresed. The answer is NO. The reason is that everyone was very supportive in was I was doing and what I was intending on doing just 2 months later. The heels were a lot more comfortable than expected. You must remember that this was not just my first time in public but also my very first time in heels. Very high heels at that. The amount of women that told me that I would never complete 5 miles is beyond believe. Overall I collected over £200 in around 6 hours. Fast forward to the walk. Much was the same during the walk. Lots of wierd looks from people but also lots of support for my cause. It was a lovely warm day which as I found out was not the best of days to wear stockings and leggings as my legs and feet were roasting. Anyway I plodded on with a wobble here and there and managed to arrive at my destination 5 miles away 3.5 hours later gaining 3 blisters during the walk. You are most likely asking yourselfs what it felt like walking in public in womens high heels. To be honest it did not bother me at all. I even contacted the local paper to promote my event and had my photo plastered on the front page. I had a huge ''high'' as I completed my walk much to many peoples disbelieve. Over £720 was raised in total by various means. If you ask me if I would do it again the answer is Yes. I have even organised a 10 mile walk for the coming August. If you asked me if I would go down the local boozer wearing high heels the answer would be Yes but only for a good cause as I dont wear heels at any other time and only for a good cause. Maybe other men would like to tell everyone of their first public appearance in high heels. Did you hide the fact you were wearing them or did you display them like me? Were you scared or shy? Any photos very much appreciated. :smile::smile::):smile::silly:

post-17818-133522909871_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I made my story known yesterday on the "Who has bought some new shoes today". Where it was Sunday morning and had lost my shadow, so went shopping for shoes in TKMaxx and Matalan. But you'll have to go to that site to read it. Muddypaws.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations on your fund raiser. You were able to collect money for a good cause and had fun doing it. The positive feed back, especially from the ladies is nice. You look great in your heels and certainly did not hide them.

thanks mate. it would of been defeating the object if i had hid them. i also wish that i had chose a red pair which would of had more of a visual impact. i could also of had a pair of 7.5'' PLEASER XTC union jack boots which are almost identical to those worn by pop star geri halliwell of the spice girls.

the outfit i will be wearing to go with my 6'' pink sandals on a 10 mile walk to raise money for cancer research is even more outragious as the photo will show you:smile::):smile::P:smile::sad::smile:

post-17818-133522915403_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I really like your heels and outfits, but especially the events you attend in your attire to raise money for these worthy causes. I hope eveyone who sees you understands and appreciates what you're doing and what you're wearing to add some more fun to these worthwhile events.