Tendon shortening surgery

whynotheels

Would you have your tendons shortened  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have your tendons shortened

• Yes
    • No

I watched a program not so long ago about a small boy in africa who walked on his toes all the time, the doctors did a bit of surgery and made his tendons longer so he was able to walk normally which I thought was a brillant piece of work, but as for making them shorter I don't think so.

life is not a rehearsal

Hi, I voted NO because no one should intervene and shorten their tendons. Your tendons and soft-tissue will naturally accomodate to your lifestyle. I learnt this first hand after spending 18months wearing only very high heels. Sounded like a great idea at the time, hand sure I can handle very high heels quite well, but in hindsight I would not recommend any attempts to shorten tendons. The more you wear high heels the more you will stimulate your tendons to shorten. Cheers Heel-Lover

As I have said before, I have to wear riding boots to work but wear heels all the rest of the time so I'm guessing that I'm not going to have a problem with shortening tendons.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Interesting, because it is safe for me to wear just about any height of heel in this culture I do so. Now shortening is not required as just now I can go from four inch heels to Earth shoes at any time. To stretch is to gain to shorten is to loose. And I totally agree with the last pew postings.

Hi,

I voted NO because no one should intervene and shorten their tendons.

Your tendons and soft-tissue will naturally accomodate to your lifestyle.

I learnt this first hand after spending 18months wearing only very high heels.

Sounded like a great idea at the time, hand sure I can handle very high heels quite well, but in hindsight I would not recommend any attempts to shorten tendons.

The more you wear high heels the more you will stimulate your tendons to shorten.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

How lucky to spend 18months wearing only very high heels. What were you doing?

The more you wear high heels the more you will stimulate your tendons to shorten.

ah no wonder my legs get confused, I stretch my tendons with running and they get shorter with high heels :unsure:

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

How lucky to spend 18months wearing only very high heels. What were you doing?

Hi Cuban Nicky,

well I was going through the phase of enjoying my heels, getting bolder and more confident, and I chose to wear heels all the time. I kept wearing skinnier and higher and higher heels as I became more and more used to them. Now I appreciate the true variety of heels and styles and vary my footwear. I always have openly worn high heels, it was in the earlier days of wearing heels that I got a bit carried away (I still wear heels for work/ play wherever possible, and have for approx 10 years now)

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I've always thought of this in the past, as it would form an excuse as to why I can only wear heels and nothing else...yes, I'm looking at you, mom! :unsure: But the only reason I would go through with it is to wear ballet heels. At the mere thought of it...arousing, but further analysis says: I need the variety! So a simple 'no' would suffice.

Formally "HHDude"

Why would anyone elect to have a disability like this, if they had a choice?

Agreed. The very idea is as absurd as the "cat guy" who had his teeth filed and face altered.

To each his own, but the vast majority of human responses to ideas like this are "WTF?"

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

This on its own is quite a strange thread. I know the opposite actually happens when long time high heels wearers have needed surgery when they get older to be able to wear lower heels or flats. We as high heel wearers all know the risks we take but if the post relates to be more being forced to wear high heels , get some with padlocks , far safer.