Tendon shortening surgery

whynotheels

Would you have your tendons shortened  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have your tendons shortened

• Yes
    • No

Why would anyone elect to have a disability like this, if they had a choice? If the surgery is necessary to have any function at all, then of course, it would be my priority, but I had enough things happen in my life that has impuned my mobile ability enough to where I have to work extra hard to make up for the loss. You may have thoughts of living permanently in high heels and if it is, go for it, but realize many of the other things you will not be able to do without working excessively harder to achieve results that might not be as good as you once performed.

In actual fact shortening tendons would have no use at all. you would not be able to wear heels with short tendons. You need to be able to flex the toes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If you had the opportunity to have your tendons shortened, would you?

Isnt this borderline sadistic / fantasy gone wrong?

Like all those threads that kept appearing about having toes removed to wear pointy toe shoes?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech: the really gross part is that women really were having foot surgery to fit into the shoes that they saw on the TV show "Sex and the City" a few years back. This question is just a point of curiousity.

Tech: the really gross part is that women really were having foot surgery to fit into the shoes that they saw on the TV show "Sex and the City" a few years back. This question is just a point of curiousity.

Indeed, I'm not critisizing the question, merely questioning the question as it were.. It is sad that anybody would feel the need to lop off body parts just to fit into anything. Everything is human-made, so why no adjust the product to suit the person rather than chop up the person to fit the product. Very backwards behaviour...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

If you had the opportunity to have your tendons shortened, would you?

You should also have added the option in the poll maybe or if needed im not gona vote on it for none of em fits what i want.

Indeed, I'm not critisizing the question, merely questioning the question as it were.. It is sad that anybody would feel the need to lop off body parts just to fit into anything. Everything is human-made, so why no adjust the product to suit the person rather than chop up the person to fit the product. Very backwards behaviour...

Well i guess this is really down persons own opnions cause some people really wanna go all the way for items no matter the cost where others just take what they can get and leave the rest.

Wood&Metal:-)

I agree with you. Surgery only as a last resort and only to correct something that needs correction not for a cosmetic reason.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Dawn you and i pretty much have the same idea for this. Im in a situation where i might have to get a toe remowed because its bend in under another toe due to wear of pointed heels. So if all the others things im trying to straiten it fails the last resort would be remowing it before it does any damage to the toe next to it.

If I had the opportunity to have my tendons shortened would I? Simply no. I would opt for lengthening my tendons especially if they had got damaged by wearing high heels for to long., but if that is what they wanted to do then its their choice, its their body , no different from any other type of cosmetic procedure that’s out there.

Dawn you and i pretty much have the same idea for this. Im in a situation where i might have to get a toe remowed because its bend in under another toe due to wear of pointed heels. So if all the others things im trying to straiten it fails the last resort would be remowing it before it does any damage to the toe next to it.

I assume you don't wear pointed shoes any more? Damaging your feet to the extent where you can even consider having a toe removed sounds bad to me.

No way would I consider it. If you need to have tendon surgery because of damage that needs repairing, or an injury that's one thing, but to elect to have something like that done essentially for some misguided vanity reason just sounds dumb to me.

I assume you don't wear pointed shoes any more? Damaging your feet to the extent where you can even consider having a toe removed sounds bad to me.

Well i do wear pointed toes still but only the ones that has a less angle than my toes are already in leaving a bit spare room compared to the feet so i slowly can recover. but not any where near the rate as before.

I can only account for me. Only you know what you want for you. Please do the research if your wants require physical munipulation, surgical adjustments, and/or maintenance. Would you be comfortable with the total cost of invested time, an active life, the long term results, and etc.?

Im in a situation where i might have to get a toe remowed because its bend in under another toe due to wear of pointed heels. So if all the others things im trying to straiten it fails the last resort would be remowing it before it does any damage to the toe next to it.

I always thought that in order to do sufficient damage to your feet by wearing ill fitting shoes, a person would have to wear them for a long time (years) and for long periods daily during these years.

I remember members here relating how they accomplished becoming permanently high heeled and how long it took to shape their feet and shorten their tendons to achieve being permanently high heeled.

For you to reach a point where you might have to have a toe removed due to wearing high heels with pointed toes, you must wear your heels constantly, more or less. Now, if you are a man, as your profile indicates, you must wear your high heels everywhere most of your waking hours because just wearing your heels "occasionally, or even 4 or 5 hours every day, would cause your toe to become so malformed unless it occurred over a 20 year period, or so.

So, do you wear heels on a daily basis, that much?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I always thought that in order to do sufficient damage to your feet by wearing ill fitting shoes, a person would have to wear them for a long time (years) and for long periods daily during these years.

I remember members here relating how they accomplished becoming permanently high heeled and how long it took to shape their feet and shorten their tendons to achieve being permanently high heeled.

For you to reach a point where you might have to have a toe removed due to wearing high heels with pointed toes, you must wear your heels constantly, more or less. Now, if you are a man, as your profile indicates, you must wear your high heels everywhere most of your waking hours because just wearing your heels "occasionally, or even 4 or 5 hours every day, would cause your toe to become so malformed unless it occurred over a 20 year period, or so.

So, do you wear heels on a daily basis, that much?

Yeah i do wear heels alot. But the reason they damaged my feet so much faster than usual is that the problem toe has been broken twice. Once when i was 11 and once when i was 14. So it had been weakend already from that. Do bear in ind it is only 1 toe thats the problem all others are fine. And to remowe it would be a far far away last option as there are hundreds others thing to try out first.

Anyone considering this surgery should have to have their head checked. It goes beyond just typical cosmetic surgery, even many of the strange (gross) body modifications going on these days. This surgery could leave someone permanently disabled and I can't imagine any respectable doctor agreeing to do this. Also, just noticed this thread was started on April 1. Perhaps that was the real reason for starting this discussion. :smile:

Hi all, Thanks for all the replies. I'd have to vote no as well. It was a point of curiousity. I do like jhs's idea of stillettos being orthopedic shoes --then you could deduct them as medical equipment on you taxes! On a side note, good luck with the toe issue. Would you be able to safe it if you wore boring flats?

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. I'd have to vote no as well. It was a point of curiousity. I do like jhs's idea of stillettos being orthopedic shoes --then you could deduct them as medical equipment on you taxes!

On a side note, good luck with the toe issue. Would you be able to safe it if you wore boring flats?

Nope i wont. The only way is strating it out cause its pushing on the toes next to it. But i have an apointment with a doctor on friday who might think he can straigthen by operation se we see how that goes. :smile:

Nope i wont. The only way is strating it out cause its pushing on the toes next to it. But i have an apointment with a doctor on friday who might think he can straigthen by operation se we see how that goes. :smile:

I would bet the first thing that your doctor will tell you is not to wear high heels anymore.....especially shoes with pointed toes.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 year later...