HayWay Shoes

High Surprise

Hayway are a small family-run business, and have been around quite a few years. Their factory is open to visitors to try and buy. You can buy direct from them, or from a very limited number of retailers. They also attend various TV fairs around the country. Hayway stuff is mostly PVC I think. They don't make leather shoes, from what I remember. Someone else may care to check if that is still the case.

I have a pair of shoes similar to those above, but with a 4.5 inch, non-metal, and slightly wider heel. They are great. The zip on mine hasn't got such a great range of movement, but it is an unusual design. The ankle strap is very thin, and connected to the shoe sole by a thin vertical back strap that has a metal ring half way down it. They were on sale at GBP 40, in a local shop popular with girls in their late teens though to early 30's, last summer, but I got mine from a charity shop (seemingly unworn!) for under 4 quid just a few months ago.

I asked Hay-Way to make me a pair of their 5" ankle boots in leather some years ago. They declined, despite my offering any reasonable extra cost for a one-off. Oh well, they have their policy of not making leather shoes ..... and I have my policy of not wearing plastic ! Xa

I bought a pair of red 3" heeled sandals from them a few years ago for mt wife. I ordered on style and they sent a different (though still very attractive). When I tried contacting them about the mix up, they did not respond (I'm not sure why). The shoes appear to be designed more for men than women (at least the pair I bought). They straps across the toes are more for a wider man's foot than a womans (and I explicitly said that the shoes were for a woman). That all being said, would I buy from HayWay again? Probably. As far as I'm concerned they have some of the sexies shoes available anywhere. sinkem

Thanks Ruud. They are in fact 5 inch in height. I can prove it - I took a picture especially for you. They are so great. Just come in from having worn them out for the first time. They are fab. I love 'em! The metal heel was a little too fancy I thought - I figured better remain lower key. That way an ankle chain can also be worn (otherwise I think too much metal). Like?

Posted Image

>> I ordered one style and they sent a different (though still very attractive). <<

Not heard of other people having those sorts of problems before. In fact, quite the opposite. I have heard of people not being sure about exactly which size to buy and they have shipped out two pairs of shoes with instructions to try them both and return one pair to them.

>> When I tried contacting them about the mix up, they did not respond (I'm not sure why). <<

They have a good reputation for being helpful. Looks like an oversight, lost communication, someone on holiday, or just very busy type of thing. I would keep trying.

>> The shoes appear to be designed more for men than women (at least the pair I bought). <<

Their biggest market is crossdressers and TVs. They attend all of the fairs and away weekends around the country, and are well known. Their stuff isn't available from many places, mostly direct sales, and at events.

HayWay Shoes are great, I don't buy my high heels anywhere else now. If you have any problems or need advice

email Jacky at hayway@hayway.demon.co.uk she is a real star.

If you have wide feet I can recommend their Missy court shoe, I have a pair with the 4" Paris heel.

They are the best pair of 4" heel court shoes that I have ever had, I will definitely be buying another pair.

I cannot recommend HayWay shoes highly enough! :wink:

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"