Video Games

I thought it would be fund to start a thread. I've really been into video games in the past few months. Well, ever since I bought Chris Battlefield 1942 for Christmas, really. I admit, I am into games a bit now. It's fun! A nice distraction when no one else is around. So share with the community - what games do you play? And why do you like those particular games? And is it on PC, Mac, X-Box, Playstation, Gamecube... Let's fire up the conversation.

I'm a car enthusiast, so I like racing games. I played a lot of Ridge Racer, both the arcade and the PlayStation versions. I also like Lego Racers, and anything else where you get to drive vehicles around a lot. Personally I only like two-player games, as I like the competition and the inevitable fits of giggles when I lose by miles.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

with me it's Star Trek Armada II, Diablo II, Klingon Honour Guard and Star Wars Pod Racer on the PC with Crash Team Racing, Muppet Race Mania and Tekken 3 on the Playstation :wink: sometimes I'm in the mood for strategy and sometimes, mindless violence.... :D

Retro style games. Tetris, Asteroids, Galaxians, Invaders, Defender, Arkenoids. The modern ones may have much better graphics, but I think the game play of the old ones is just as good and a triumph when you consider their simple concepts.

i'm the original final fantasy addict, give me a good rpg(role playing game) any day and im hooked for hours on end. i also get into some of the strategy and combat sim games and every now and then a good bout of senseless violence or unbelievable speed. your gaming friend in heels me

the fastest way to this man's heart is with nice legs in high heels

Well, thanks to Chris, I am really into Battlefield 1942 right now. Well, I bought it for him for Christmas, and eventually, gave it a try. It is a very interesting game, a lot different from a FPS (first person shooter) but also contains strategy, if you can find a server online with people who actually play that way. I used to be into Crimson Skies a lot. Pretty funky concept, 1937, interesting planes, Air piracy... lots of fun. And there are more, but why talk about them all at once? :wink:

I have played the Rouge Speer type games but become very frustrated with them. :wink: I know they are only computer games but the weapons systems,sighting methods,trigger breaks, target leads etc are know where near correct. I just don't want to programe in the wrong information so I don't play often. Besides, there are lots of other interesting things to do, like walking on the beach,listening to music,sharing with friends,messing with my bees,shopping for shoes,posting here.... Yup...there's plenty of other things. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Besides heel I am a video game junky I own over 130 vg's .I realy love the Zelda series. I have all of Nintendos" nes,snes 64, gamecube, and all but the newist gameboy advance. I can spend 18 hours in one sitting playing them. Ilove rpgs and first person shoters such as doom, hexen quake turok. I may be crazy but give me a good game and I will be happly entertained for days. I might have withdwrel symtoms if I were not alowed to play for two days

77r90dL lf

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the following PC games: Football Baseball Car Chases (not car racing) Shoot em up (like Delta Force and Armed & Dangerous) Airplane combat

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I recently bought my self a PS2: I have: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City , considering how politially correct everything is these day this is one of my favorites 4x4evo2: the physics are incorrect nd those "rubber" rocks get annoying fast but the idea was good Gran Turismo 3 A -spec this is ther most realistic racing game sliding around gives you that nauseating sickly in the gut feeling. and a very good feeling of speed these are the only game I have on my PS2 at the moment. later, TXT-1

GTA:Vice is supposed to be better for the PC than PS2, from what I have read. I keep thinking about one day getting a console machine for games, but, no money, and a nice PC, I keep forgetting why I would want one... I am sure there are a lot of wonderful reasons to get one, of course.

yes Laurie GTA: VC is supposedly better on the PC however after owning GTA3 (on PC) I (with shocking frame rate) I doubt it since I have a lowly 850Mhz AMD Athlon and I am sick of upgrading every 18 months to play the latest games. the ability to play MP3's is a plus (I guess) GT3 A-spec is wey better than ANY driving game on the PC. later, TXT-1

I will admit, I think Chris and I would enjoy an X-Box. Starting with Halo, of course. It would be his kind of game. He does the Half-Life TFC, CS, BF1942, and of course, any game that lets him jump into a flying vehicle and school some noob over the net makes him happy. Interesting how gaming terms have gone from new to newbie to noob... to indicate a new and unskilled player. As for GTA3, I have played it, finished about twenty of the missions, and since Chris has a bit more powerful computer than you mentioned, I guess it runs better. Even though the game is damn frustrating. But heck, I'd get a copy of GTA:VC just for the 80s soundtrack! Nothing like reliving those early years... Of course, GT3 A Spec would be an excellent racing game to have as well. My older sister just picked up a PS2 for her and her hubby (well, mostly for him) and I am sure they'll get it. Maybe I'll try it out, eventually.

I'm near the end of GTA3:VC and just now found out about the DTS 4.0 encoding.. Damn.. It definatly makes for a more imersive soundfield and I can't wait to see what other games come up with it. I've also had fun with WRC (world rally championship), definatly a manic game when you are hauling ass in a small sedan through the woods :lol: Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 months later...
I love video games. I guess its the little kid inside of me. The inner child. I own a GC, xbox & i play computer games. Some of my favs are DOA 3 (xbox), Eternal Darkness (GC), Star Trek: Elite Force (computer) , Diablo 2 x-pak (computer), Neverwinter Nights (computer)....cannot wait go get Halo , i played it on xbox, but i do not like the control pad, I am a mouse & KB man when it comes to FPS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm another passion of mine, been collecting old computers and consoles for a coupla years now. Have nes, snes, n64, spectrum,zx81,sega megadrive, mega cd, saturn, dreamcast, bbc micro, acorn electron, commodore 64, amiga 500, and others, all with games. At the moment I mostly play Unreal Tournament, and unreal tournament 2003 on the pc, and Burnout on the ps2, also Luigis mansion and mario sunshine on the Gamecube. In between I play the Sonic the hedgehog games on the Sega megadrive (Sega genesis for the US residents) Sometimes even run my own servers for Unreal T. and UT 2003 even tho I'm amateur at the games :( Maybe we can search out some characters/ skins with HH's for some of the games :(

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over my 2 week holiday break, I finally played through Zelda on the N64 - terrific game! Medal of Honor on the PS2 is an awesome WWII first person shooter. Metal Gear Solid for PS1 is one of my favorites (and the original Metal Gear was my favorite game on the original Nintendo.) Lately I've been playing the new Castlevania on PS2 - it's much better than I expected! The graphics are VERY impressive, and the whip action is bad-ass! I also have an affinity for old-old-school role playing games like Wizardry, and Might & Magic. Has anyone played the new Zelda on Game Cube? I'm thinking of picking one up just for that game.

"No matter what they say"

At a Christmas party at the (educational) computer lab where I work, I finally allowed myself to get roped into learning how to play a "bang. bang, shoot 'em up" (as my dad would have put it) networked video game called Battlefield 1942, I think. It was fun, and gave me confidence to try other games (Roller Coaster Tycoon, for one), all by myself!! :( Who knows where this might lead?? :D:(

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I am a huge online FPS fan, hooked on Enemy territory, 1942, SoFII & Counter Strike. Also like RPG's - Baulders Gate, Neverwinter. On occasion will give others a go e;g; GTA3, CM4. All PC for me!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

I just rented the game 'Manhunt' for PS2. Any hype you hear about it being violent and gory are pretty well spot on. Very evil game. Something about using the head of a victem to distract someone so you can exicute them is just wrong. Two thumbs up, Five stars. Very fun game :D I havnt felt suspence while playing a video game like this since the first time I tried resident evil. Very erie playing expeirience, hiding so you do not get killed, and lying in wait to take out an opponant.. who may be a nazi skinhead, dumbass gang member, or the level I'm in, redneck hunter turned mercinary. A good break from the mindless mayhem in Grand theft auto.. Jim

• 1 month later...

Had to stop playing Manhunt... the furniture was telling me to do bad things. I have however started playing Socom 2. Good game, since whenever getting tripped up in some minute mission detail starts to get you too P/O'ed to think... just have fun :D A little diferent then the full carnage of GTA3/VC, but still fun to reach out and touch someone from well over a football field away, and not make enough noise to draw attention to yourself. You can even make it through some missions after a few shots :drinking: Good game to play while your wearing your favorite heels. (I really should review WRC or another non violent game I own and do play) Btw, does anyone know if the british ntsc/pal conversion issues with american tv's holds true for PS2 games? if there are no problems would someone want to work out a deal to get WRC2 for me? Thanks Jim

i have always made sure i have had every final fantasy game known to playstation and im currently saving for X-2 but instead i bought some shoes :D the game i am playing almost 7 hours a day now is warcraft3 the frozen throne expansion for pc im an addict and i love it..... thats all i do all day now go on that game and visit these forums.... sometimes take a look at my irc

Chris: I've spent a bit of time with gran tourismo also.. Unfortunatly after a few frustrating hours of trying to teach my roommates how to drive the cars I rarely play it anymore. I have had fun messing with suspension/throttle settings trying to get to do controled powerslides through turns :D