STOCKING PREFERENCE WITH HEELS?

JCinHeels

If you glance back through the threads of this forum, you will find some very entertaining posts by DebbieHK about stockings and garterbelts. She's one of the best authorities around on this subject. Just take a look at her photo gallery to see what a beautiful girl wearing feminine dresses, wonderful stockings and sexy extreem heels looks like. Now, that woman has real class. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

My preference is control top pantyhose in off-black which goes well with the majority of my shoes which are black. I also like a dark brown with my brown shoes and beige with my off-white and red shoes. My brand of preference is Calvin Klein Active Sheer which fits me well.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice shot Laurie :lol: As I said before my preference is for thin ankle socks or bare feet. I'm only interested in wearing fashion boots and getting the best fit with them in whatever way is needed to achieve it. I know that's boring compared to all these fabulous tastes, but there you go. I'll have to admit to the stereotypial male viewpoint :lol: Nevertheless, if the best socks I can get are those "ladies" lycra trouser socks, into the shopping basket they go. I'm not embarassed about that. Total boot fit perfection is my aim.

My preference goes something like this...

Posted Image

:lol:

Exactly like my girlfriend. She loves wearing stocking. If you ruin one nylon, its more easier to replace it (if you purchase of bunch of the same style of stocking).

But, myself, I prefer DIM pantyhose. I purchase those pantyhose from that company

Posted Image

(I'm unable to display all models I wear.... I wears also DIM Sublim Voile Brillant (very shiny) and DIM Sublim Voile Resistant (A bit shiny)

They are soft, confortable, a bit expensive but it worth the price!

Note : Now, you know the origin of my nickname :lol:

Thank you, everyone, for saying such nice things. The picture doesn't show the garter straps all that well, but it shows enough of what needs to be shown. :lol: I am surprised that my e-mail inbox is not being swarmed with messages the way it used to be. Especially after a picture like that. Better resolution pictures are on the way.

Pure respect, Laurie... ...respect for the goddess of heels :lol: But I don't pretend that the thoughts aren't there <grin> _ Back to stockings anyway: I'm a real beginner in many ways here and really welcome the tips and advice given. Earlier mention of ankle highs were a revelation and I recently popped a couple of 3pack boxes of black opaque ankle highs in my M&S basket with a pair of jeans I was getting. I kept my lurking in the hose department to a minimum though it would have given the security cameras an interesting target to follow. The postman came late yesterday with a recorded letter to sign for and I was wearing them; he glanced down, so I don't think they were completely opaque :lol: The plain cotton with added lycra socks are also a recent discovery too. They are so good that frankly I now declare them to be a 'unisex' clothing item. They cover a UK8 without probs and I'll use them freely as soon as I can find some more. I can't tell you how much I hated some knee highs I had been using previously ~ cutting off the blood supply above the calf - almost unbearable. :argue: I am with Firefox on the importance of the practicalities and the need to fine tune the shoe fit with different sorts of socks expecially since I have a lot of fit problems. Those lycra socks are actually not that thin and I still need ideas for something in between the ankle highs in thickness and that type of sock. Hold-ups and stockings are nice at home in private to improve the leg a bit but I wouldn't be comfortable for too long in them. Despite being fine, I still find a harshness and unforgiving nature to the nylon in all hose. I also tend to be rather hot and nylon has none of the absorbancy of natural fibres. I don't know how the girls manage with this one. /I

/I

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I like M&S Soft & Glossy tights in natural or black, or M&S black opaque tights. Good quality, reasonably priced, feel great! I like stockings, but not having much in the way of hips I find that suspender belts tend to work their way downwards.

With skirts and dresses, I always wear pantyhose. With jeans, I wear either pantyhose, knee-highs or bare.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 month later...

Light support pantyhose, generally in off black for day wear. In the evening I switch between Pantyhose & stockings & garters, mood depending.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Classic pumps are made to be worn with stockings. bare feet with sandals and trouser socks with boots and other loafer style pumps. Stockings just make wearing pumps so much more pleasant.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

For me, wearing hosiery is dependant on two things - if I'm wearing a skirt and the weather. So here goes......... Spring / Summer - If I wear a skirt then I usually go bare legged as I mainly wear sandals, but if I do wear hosiery then its usually a sheer pair of 7 or 10 denier natural tan or barely black stockings. Autumn / Winter - I tend to wear darker colours, so if I wear a skirt then I'll wear - navy blue, barely black or black stockings - I never wear pantyhose........can't stand them :( If its cold then I'll wear trousers with pumps or boots and no hosiery. Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!