Shopping for shoes: assistants

keels

...I had one invite me out with her to a club in heels. I already knew about the place and my wife and I went on occasion.Aldo and bakers honestly seem to have the nicest staff and they are always willing to go the extra mile around here at least.

Greetings 5inchforme :-)

That was a nice story to read !

I did not have the chance for a salesgirl to invite me yet but maybe the day will come :smile:

And I totally agree with you about Aldo (Which is one of my favorite store)

They do have the nicest staff and are always friendly. No exception.

And I don't hesitate to send a message to the manager about the excellent service they offer.

I have had that happen on a couple of occasions with saleswomen. I had one invite me out with her to a club in heels. I already knew about the place and my wife and I went on occasion.

Aldo and bakers honestly seem to have the nicest staff and they are always willing to go the extra mile around here at least.

I too have had nothing but good experiences so far at Aldo.

I usually tend to avoid men; the reason is that some time ago I went to a store where the only person was an older man. When I asked to see a particular shoe in my size he started almost yelling "so you want to see this in a size 9"? I assume it was because he thought I would be ashamed with all the female customers around. I was more angry than embarrassed but since then I avoid men since it seems to me that they are less likely to understand.

I usually tend to avoid men; the reason is that some time ago I went to a store where the only person was an older man. When I asked to see a particular shoe in my size he started almost yelling "so you want to see this in a size 9"? I assume it was because he thought I would be ashamed with all the female customers around.

I was more angry than embarrassed but since then I avoid men since it seems to me that they are less likely to understand.

Maybe he had a hearing problem, and wasnot aware of how loud he was speaking.

Maybe he had a hearing problem, and wasnot aware of how loud he was speaking.

Every now and then I pass outside the store (it's in a shopping mall). I've seen the man but never heard him talk so loudly. Although I have never noticed if he was wearing a special hearing device :smile:

did anyone ever see a salesMAN wearing heels? now that would be verry comfortable.

Although I can't speak from personal experience, I've been told that all of the salesmen at LaPiazza in Germany wear high heels at their store.

Also, a couple of years ago, we had a member - Emery? - that took a job in a shoe store and wore his high heels while working there. Another member, Scott something or other, also worked for several weeks in a shoe store but I can't remember if he was allowed to wear his heels while working or was just allowed to purchase from store stock using his employee discount.

But, some members have done this....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mr.X---You are quite right about Aldo having accepting and nice staffs. I stopped by the Aldo store in Madison,WI recently and two girls attended to me immediately. And like I have always said...they knew I was shopping for me it never fazed them at all. The Canadian ideal of accepting people is very evident at this company founded in Montreal in the early 1960's. Bubba136---I have visited LaPiazza's website lots of times just to ogle the amazing styles of shoes they make there. Oh what a treat it would be to work Germany into a business trip to visit that store! I'd die to have some of their extreme high-heeled sandals on my feet!! HappyinReallyHighHeels!