My New Kork-Ease

onyourtoes

I just bought a pair of Kork Ease Bette sandals. Although they list for $149, Amazon had a couple pairs for $75 so I bought them. The various online write-ups say they heels are 4 1/4 or 4 1/2 inches and the platform is quoted as 1 inch. On my size 11, the heel is 5 inches and the platform 1 1/4 inches. The straps are soft (but not overly so) leather and the footbed is nicely padded. Many times with sandals you find that it's hard to find the right adjustment, they're either too loose with the straps falling down off your heel, or too tight and cutting into the back of your heel. On the Kork Ease, the straps are somehow positioned so that the sandals stay on over a wide range of adjustment. Each sandal weighs only 13 ounces which is very light for any shoe, especially 5 inch wedges. They are easy to walk in, the soles have the right amount of curve, and although the heel and sole are tapered they feel quite stable. Unlike many sandals and clogs, when I walk, these don't catch my pants between my heel and the sandal, so they're good stealth heels, though the platforms and my suspiciously long lower legs are obvious to some observers (like me).

post-44-133522908113_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522908118_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522908121_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522908126_thumb.jpg

OnYourToes, Got some Kork-Ease wedge sandals (different from these) at Burlington Coat Factory lsat year and they are very comfortable and blend in just like the ones you bought. They are made in Brazil which I intend to make my winter home starting with an investment trip later this year. Brazil is a shoe lover's pardise and one of the absolute biggest shoe manufacturers in the world. great find!! HappyinHeels

Onyourtoes:-) Good choice. Like Bubba says, you can wear them anywhere and for anything and at anytime. They look good on you and I'm sure you will get your moneys worth out of them in wearings Cheers--- Dawn HH.

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I like your Kork-Ease. I've been a fan of them since they became popular in the early 70's. They were $25 a pair then, which might as well been $2500 at that time for me. That's why I bought the knock-offs. Now that I can better afford them, I have bought 3 different styles, Ava sandals, Lana slides (got real deals on both of them), and a pair of their new Zamora clogs. I had to bite the bullet on those and go full price, but I couldn't pass up on the clogs. Hope to get a lot of wear from all of them this summer. Glad to see some Kork-Ease fans in here too!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Ive got the Bette too. And love them. ialso have the Alva boot in size 11, but actually want a size 10. So when I get my 10s im going to sell my 11s to a good home. But yes I love Kork_ease

• 2 weeks later...