Who would you like to live next door to

9inchheel

Eric Clapton.........As much as I like heels, and a woman next door who loves heels would be great; it's Clapton and guitars for the win.... And seeing as Clapton speaks very highly of the musical tallent of Prince, or the artist formerly known as...., I don't think heels would be a problem..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

How about not just next door but a community of male heelers!

How about a community of heelers

Not wishing the PC brigade to intervene too quickly just include everyone naturally.

As to adding our "heroes" got to think about that? Now there's :} and :)

Oh, maybe they wont be heroes afterwards?

:smile:

Al

Hey Alsheels and avidsiman, I'm afraid I'd be far too picky, being as I'm partial to the simple design of the classic stiletto court shoe portrayed by my avatar. By the way, my avatar is unigue in that it is showing an A-Line vamp instead of the common round or oval vamp cut. These type of vamps were more common in the late 50's and early 60's. I sure wish they would return to the marketplace. Aldo has a closer design in the Douvier right now, but it just doesn't match up to what I'm looking for with the pointed toe and the high heel shape. So I guess I'd would rather live next door to a shoe maker, who could make my heels as I'd like them made.

Hey Alsheels and avidsiman,

I'm afraid I'd be far too picky, being as I'm partial to the simple design of the classic stiletto court shoe portrayed by my avatar. By the way, my avatar is unigue in that it is showing an A-Line vamp instead of the common round or oval vamp cut. These type of vamps were more common in the late 50's and early 60's. I sure wish they would return to the marketplace. Aldo has a closer design in the Douvier right now, but it just doesn't match up to what I'm looking for with the pointed toe and the high heel shape.

So I guess I'd would rather live next door to a shoe maker, who could make my heels as I'd like them made.

Which Brand is the shoe in your avatar - or is it a 'personal creation' done with design software or by an artist?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Which Brand is the shoe in your avatar - or is it a 'personal creation' done with design software or by an artist?

pussyinboots, thanks for asking and I appreciate your concern.

I wish I could present a brand that is current today, but my avatar is a creation of some memories. If I remember right though, one of the brands to have this design was a shoe manufacturing business in the U.S. with a line of shoes called the "American Girl". They may have been knock-offs of a Dior design or some other haute couture creation from the fashion nobility in the time period of the late 50's through the early 60's. I've also seen some of the movie actresses of that time wearing them. However, I first saw them being worn by some of the women I had the privilege to have associated with. They must have pulled them out of their storage closets.

Anyway, they looked fantastic and I knew the A-line was the design I wanted to wear, but it seems most women didn't let go of them until they had used all the wearability out of them and I couldn't find them on the market. There were similar heels, but they would have some variation like the wrong heel shape or the toes were squared or peeped. I once found a pair of white patents, but they soon wore out. I even tried to have them custom-made and for a time that worked, but as those businesses closed their doors that avenue was curtailed. The custom shoemakers now seem to have lost the skill to match the quality of the former craftsmen. So I wonder if I will ever see my A-line heels on the market ever again.

I know this isn't reality, but I perceive a conspiracy to keep the A-line heels off the market, just because I want them. It is kind of the same thinking as in the movie "The Truman Show" starring Jim Carrey, Ed Harris, and Laura Linney. Of course, I'm the Truman character on my stage of life.

pussyinboots, thanks for asking and I appreciate your concern.

I wish I could present a brand that is current today, but my avatar is a creation of some memories. If I remember right though, one of the brands to have this design was a shoe manufacturing business in the U.S. with a line of shoes called the "American Girl". They may have been knock-offs of a Dior design or some other haute couture creation from the fashion nobility in the time period of the late 50's through the early 60's. I've also seen some of the movie actresses of that time wearing them. However, I first saw them being worn by some of the women I had the privilege to have associated with. They must have pulled them out of their storage closets.

Anyway, they looked fantastic and I knew the A-line was the design I wanted to wear, but it seems most women didn't let go of them until they had used all the wearability out of them and I couldn't find them on the market. There were similar heels, but they would have some variation like the wrong heel shape or the toes were squared or peeped. I once found a pair of white patents, but they soon wore out. I even tried to have them custom-made and for a time that worked, but as those businesses closed their doors that avenue was curtailed. The custom shoemakers now seem to have lost the skill to match the quality of the former craftsmen. So I wonder if I will ever see my A-line heels on the market ever again.

I know this isn't reality, but I perceive a conspiracy to keep the A-line heels off the market, just because I want them. It is kind of the same thinking as in the movie "The Truman Show" starring Jim Carrey, Ed Harris, and Laura Linney. Of course, I'm the Truman character on my stage of life.

Thanks for this 'Histiletto'! IMHO that design is the perfect style for a court shoe. Elegant, stylish and sexy. I agree that the fashions of the '50's and early 60's had more class - I often get very envious of the women in old black and white movies, they had such fabulous fashions and beautiful shoes. If I could choose a previous life, I think that's the period I would like to live in!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

If there is a chance to travel in time and space, you'd probably see me buying up all I could. Come to think of it, maybe a time traveler did do that and that's why I can't find any of the A-Line court shoes. What a jip!

... I'm partial to the simple design of the classic stiletto court shoe portrayed by my avatar. By the way, my avatar is unigue in that it is showing an A-Line vamp instead of the common round or oval vamp cut. These type of vamps were more common in the late 50's and early 60's. I sure wish they would return to the marketplace. ...

... IMHO that design is the perfect style for a court shoe. Elegant, stylish and sexy. I agree that the fashions of the '50's and early 60's had more class ...

I certainly remember with pleasure the shoe (and other) fashions of the 1955 - 65 period (the 'rock-n-roll era') and wish they would return, properly and permanently. I'm not absolutely clear, however, on what Histiletto means by an A-line vamp. Is this where the rear of the toe-box is cut straight across, so probably showing less toe cleavage, rather than being rounded or vee-shaped? Or is there more to it than that? A picture would speak a thousand words ... !

I'm finding it hard to visualise anything special about the vamp shape of the typical late 50s court shoe - low-cut and with progressively more pointed toes is what rings a bell with me. And open-sided court shoes - i.e. with a cut out on each side, as distinct from Dorsay - were briefly popular in the early 60s, and remained so with some styles of slingback. They invariably had a pointed toebox showing a fair amount of cleavage.

Thanks Puffer, I have revised my avatar to depict the A-Line vamp design and to help you have a better idea of what I'm talking about. I really do appreciate your concern. If you still have questions, I will do my best to satisfy your curiosity.

Well there several people here on HH place, one person is Amada Snake I like her style. The other person would be Ian Edgerly or Gaborit Boots in France. That would be my demise living near a boot factory.........sigh. Mtnsofheels

Kim Basinger, the first Bond Girl (Domino in Never Say Never Again) to win an Oscar.

Has there ever been any other actor or actress in the Bond flicks to win an Oscar for their role in a Bond flick?

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 7 months later...

Well it would be a house shared by Victoria Beckham, Maria Carey who both must have a huge collection of wonderful shoes and the third member of tge house would be Pussyinboots.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Open minded neighbors who wouldn't bat an eyelid when greeting me while I'm wearing a feminine style. As to who they are/what they do: 1 - An excellent ER doctor. 2 - gorgeous single woman with gorgeous single friends. 3 - A connected and successful business person. 4 - A shoe designer. 5 - A well traveled person with great stories.

A woman who loves heels, has a large collection of them, and the same size feet as me.

My thoughts exactly, as long as she let me try them on. :(

a shoe designer who needs a convenient subject to try out the new designs.

So I guess I'd would rather live next door to a shoe maker, who could make my heels as I'd like them made.

Any girl with a good heel collection that fit my feet so as we could wear each others heels all of the time.

:wave:

OK, I'm not a real woman but I do present as one much of the time!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.