I gathered courage and told my parents.

Iamme

Loooong post ahead, sorry for that. But I really want to tell this. Some of you know that I still live with my parents, and therefore my time in heels is strictly limited. Also, purchasing high heels was hard since I had to sneak them past my parents. Last Wednesday night, my mom commented that I looked like I wanted to tell something to her, but didn't know how to put it. I usually reply with 'Nah, I'm fine,' but this time I said 'Yeah, I kinda do.' before I knew it. She continued by asking what I wanted to tell her. I first told her that it wasn't something serious (as in, hurting people and the like), and that I told various friends about it, and that they were positive about it. I was still contemplating about if I really should let her know or not, but eventually I said "I just want to get it over with- I like to wear high heels." My mom looked at me, and merely shrugged. I was nervous like hell, but I told her I'd get something upstairs. I went to get my 3-inch black patent pumps, went downstairs again, and walked into the living room with my pumps on. I gestured to my feet and said "I feel comfortable in these shoes." While she looked at them, I commented that I purchased those with my (now ex-)girlfriend. I sat down, and prepared myself for whatever questions she had. She first commented with "Well, the artistic types always have something odd to them." (I'm a very artistic person). She saw how nervous I was, and told me I always make a hard time for myself while I don't have to, and that I didn't need to be nervous. I replied that my love for wearing high heels isn't something that I think one should take lightly. I told her this is a very hard subject to talk about for me to someone who doesn't know about it. She then went on with that she didn't get why I purchased the high heels in the first place. Then she said she didn't think that it was normal. I told her that I didn't know where my love for them came from, I just like wearing them. I told her that I wasn't gay, and that in fact, the majority of straight men like to crossdress and wear high heels. I told her about this place, where there are of lot guys like me, most of them having a girlfriend or wife. I told her I had no interests in make-up, accessories, wigs, or any other female related stuff aside from their shoes and clothing. I added to it that I don't feel like wearing high heels or other female clothing all the time, and that I can appreciate being in a shirt, pants and my Vans shoes just as much as I can appreciate a nice pair of high heels, a top and a skirt. That I'm the kind of guy to change my clothes and shoes and then continue with whatever I was doing. I told her about how my friends said to me that they're just shoes and clothes, and that I'm still who I am, regardless of what I am wearing. I then told her about my outings. With them often being late at night with my ex-girlfriend when we would take the dog for a walk, but also the one where I was in the city with my high heels on. After discussing about all of it for about an hour and a half (and with me never putting off my heels during that talk, even not when I went to get a drink for me and my mom) my mom seems pretty neutral about it. In all those years of hiding it from her, she never found out, not even a single clue. That made me feel good about myself to some extend, knowing that I was able to keep it hidden from them all those years. My mom thinks it's a phase of life, that I'm still trying to find out who I am and that I'm unsure about myself. She thinks I do it so I can 'escape being myself' for a while. She thinks it's temporary and that I will someday purge everything female related I have and return to just being a normal guy. I told her I thought this was everything but temporary. She added that she still didn't think it was normal. She didn't take any measures or gave warnings to me to try to stop me from wearing heels/crossdressing, though. She somewhat supports me if I want to go heeling outside, as long as I do it in a big city where no one knows me. She warned me not to tell everyone about this though, to which I added I only told the people I really trusted, and that I knew full-well my guy friends would certainly ridicule me I'd ever tell them. She told me she wouldn't ever want to be bothered by it by other people. Especially not with my father in mind- he has a very positive and somewhat popular status here in this village. Everyone knows him, everyone likes him, and he does a lot of volunteering stuff, too. If they knew his son likes to wear high heels or crossdress, his reputation would certainly go downhill pretty fast. I told her I understood that I would never be able to do my outings here, and if the wrong type of people in this village would find out I certainly would get a very hard time living here. She told me if it really was something I wanted to keep doing, that I should move to the city sooner or later, where I'm just a head in a crowd instead of a tall guy in high heels in a small village. We agreed not to tell anyone else in the family, my brother has other things on his mind that he should tackle first. My grandma would certainly not get it, either. "But," she added, "you are and will always be my son." She told me that I can use the old closet on the attic to store my heels and clothes in as I see fit, to effectively hide them from my brother. She was worried how I was going to combine this with a future relationship. I told her that most of the girls I know are generally open-minded and are kinda used to (crossdressing) guys in high heels. Hence that I'm a cosplayer. (some of you should've seen the term around before) The cosplay community is an excellent place for wearing high heels in public without getting much second thoughts from other people. I'm often complimented (by guys and girls alike) about my appearances in high heels and female costumes, apparently I make a good woman, haha. Most girlfriends I had came from that community, too. My parents are really supportive in that area. She then said she'd let my dad know, so that I wouldn't have to go through another nerve-wrecking confession again. Today she told me that she told him about it yesterday, and that he'd talk about it with me sometime soon. Knowing my dad, he'd think nothing much of it, he's a very accepting person in general. Phew, that was quite a post. I still feel a bit uneasy around my parents now, though. I guess both me and them need a bit of time to let it sink in. I'm not going to push it. They know, I can wear my high heels around them if I want, but I'm not going to yet. First, I'm gonna let it cool down a bit. I still can't believe I told them...

Hey! Iamme, What ever happens from this point on, one of the major hurdles have been successfully traversed and they are willing to accept your desire to wear heels. Your decision to ease your heeling activities in front of your parents, even after you opened up to them is commendable. Showing a bit of taste and wardrobe coordination will help this situation also. The mind-set that heels are women's footwear will still have to be addressed by both you and them. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been such a hard subject to openly discuss. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations. What you did took a lot of courage. I could never have done that with my parents. Since you are living at home that was the right thing to do. Sometime they would have discovered your stuff and then it would be very difficult.

Outstanding move, Iamme! Good decision to play it "cool" around your parents. The big hurdle has been crossed -- telling them about your dress habits. The subject is out in the open and, with passing time, you will become more comfortable with them about it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bravo. It's one of the hardest things to do, telling the people closest to you about something that we're brought up to believe is wrong/not normal/anti social. I know that after I told my close family, even though I didn't really care what they thought about it, it was nice to find out they didn't think that it was a big deal. I didn't tell my grandmother either. At 94, she's kind of 'old school' lol. I agree with your mom that heeling in the big city is MUCH easier than in a small town. I would guess that heeling in Amstertdam or the Hague would be a piece of cake. You took a very big positive step towards building your own heeling confidence!

Congrats on having come clean to your parents. I'm sure it wasn't an easy thing to have done, but you succeeded, and that's what matters most: full disclosure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Congradulations, your parents can help you go far if they trust that you won't hide somthing from them. You have a good start. Be honest with your ralationships and you will have alot fewer problems in the future. Enjoy who you are. Thrill..........

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

WELL DONE! It Was scary but now you are relaxed (or more so) now it's just being in heels from time to time in front of them to establish a relaxed understanding. I don't know your age but I presume you are still at home? I can remember in the seventies when I got my platforms I got some weird looks at home and weirder outside in many places, and I was slow with the fashion. At fifty+ my mum (75) and stepdad (84), where intrigued, my mum said, "I always had high arches" and is jealous as hell. When she saw what I wore to Rocky Horror she commented on such a good match. Well this challenge is now passed with good results,- onwards and upwards. Regards Al

Greetings Iamme :-)

What a relief it must be for you to be able to tell your mother about it.

I did not have the courage to tell my mother while she was still with us...

Maybe it is better this way...I will never know...

Well done :smile:

It is good that you told your mother. At least now at home you can be yourself. This is very important for your own mind. And your mother has shown that she is a good mother. She accepts you for who you are, even though she thinks it strange and is maybe not very happy about it. I left home early at age 19. Then at age 50+ I came to peace with myself, but never felt a need to tell my mother. We were not living together and although I am sure she would have accepted it (worse things have happened in the family) there was no need to make her feel unhappy. At the home front I did cover things though. My wife knows and is happy with it, and we live close to her sister who drops in frequently, so she knows (only reaction: so what?), which means that at home I have no worries. That is what the concept of home is all about. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Thanks for all the reactions guys! It's still not going to be easy to heel around the house with my brother still being around, but I can at least do so when he's away. It's nice that I can be myself around my parents even more than I could before I told them. It's not like I'm going to wear skirts paired with heels around them whenever I get the chance every time, but I'm certainly going to build it up and make them comfortable with them having the image of me in high heels. I will show them that it's a part of me just as much as my love for games, drawing and such are! I'm glad that I got if off my chest, I'm still a bit uneasy and careful around them. I'm not going to push it, but if my brother is out hanging with a friend or something, I can at least wear my heels without the fear of being caught. That fear has been around for years, knowing I won't have to fear it any longer is a big relief. The main reasons I wanted (and did) to tell them was because I wouldn't have to be secretive about it, purchasing high heels would become much easier, and not having the risk of them finding out about it and having hell break loose. My mom joked about it that I would be even more taller with my heels on (I'm already about 6 feet tall, the tallest of the family. I'm the only giant in a family of dwarfs, so to speak). I haven't talked with my dad about it yet, and I suppose if he doesn't start about it, I won't either. I'm going to be alone with him for the weekend in 2 weeks, so my guess is that he'd like to talk about it then. I don't know what my mom exactly said to him, just as she said she's not going to talk for him. My mom made a hint that I could wear my heels during that weekend at least. I quote: "Well, you're going to be alone with him when I and your brother are going away for the weekend..." Maybe I'll just slip on a pair of high heels and see what he's going to say. Haha.

Your dad may still look at it as compromising your manhood. You might discuss your life's goals and assure his chance to be a granddad when you find the girl who will share in your dreams and you can love/support.

How well do you get along with your dad? I get along very well with him and we do various activities together like watching the pond we have outside, gardening, mowing the lawn, and stuff like that. He was very defensive to the idea of me wearing high heels or even nail polish. He called me out as a homosexual even though I repeatedly said I wasn't. Every time I would tell him that I wasnt gay, he would banter back saying "Then why are you dressing like that?!" I would always respond because I liked it. He just could not grasp the concept of someone liking something just because they do. Also, the similarities between you and me are intriguing. lol I am 6' 3", play video games, am relatively good with art and really enjoy it, and I like high heels and women's clothing as well as nail polish. :smile: My mom understands me more but she still doesn't want me doing anything. Whenever she catches me doing something like having my nails painted, she will yell at me and tell me to take that off. I do so but always very sad to do it. She will continue yelling at me until it has been fully taken off. She has never caught me in high heels but she knows that I wear them because of that fact that she found the only pair I had at the moment plus a pair of flats as well as an epilator and a dress splattered with fake blood that I had worn for halloween. To avoid confrontation, I let my mom get a piece of mind and told her that I didn't need that stuff and she could hide it, just not throw it away. I'm really sad I let her do that. I really want my epilator back more so than anything else she took. That thing cost $60!!!

Sometimes all you can do is be your best self, and honor your parents by being successful in your career, by raising a family that you can bring over for the grandparents to spoil, and by showing them that you care about them. Remember that you are part of their dreams. They just didn't get all the facts correctly about who people are.

It is a great start by telling your Mom about your wearing high heels. Occasional wearings will give your parents time to slowly adjust to just who you are. It is a good start and if not pushed your future should be fine. Keep us posted on the events in the interum. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

As much as I want to please them, I also want show my real self. I'm not this 100% manly guy. I often times fee like i'm 50/50 male and female. But to try and show them my other side, they reject me, causing me to hide my other side just to please them. There needs to be a balance. Things are clearly tipped in their favor.

Congradulations, your parents can help you go far if they trust that you won't hide somthing from them. You have a good start. Be honest with your ralationships and you will have alot fewer problems in the future.

Enjoy who you are.

Thrill..........

I have always said honesty is the best policy. I know this was probably difficult for you, but you suceeded sucessfully. You've taken a big fist step. So now for you the sky is the limit. And the way you approaching this slowly and carefully is a tributr to you. Good luck to you in the future on your forward progress.

My dad and I are on very good terms with each other. I still don't know about his opinion about my love for high heels, but he hasn't changed his behavior towards me, just as my mom didn't. I first want to keep it down so I can show my parents I'm still the son they know an that I still am doing the stuff I always do. Then, slowly yet surely, I want to start do my activities while wearing high heels. That way, I can show them that wearing high heels doesn't change anything safe for the shoes on my feet, and they can slowly get used to it.