rain and heels can lead to disaster

I was getting ready to go to college one morning. (I commuted to the community school). I put on my heels when I got dressed, ate a quick breakfast, and got in my car. When I got there it was pouring down rain.:smile: I get out of the car and avoiding puddles begin to make my way to the commons. I was almost to the steps in front of the building when my heel of my left shoe slipped into the soft mortar like substance between sections of sidewalk. :eyecrazy:I thrust my right foot forward instinctively to balance and stabilize myself. Guess what happened. My right heel sunk into the stuff a bit in front of my left foot. I fell sideways twisting my right ankle and bruising my upper left thigh.:) After a very long day and a suggested of Tylenol and later Motrin, I went home and decided not to wear heels to school in the rain again. This actually happened a couple months ago, but I still find it amusing.:silly: By the way, the reason for four smileys in one note is I think that smileys=awesomeness.:) okay, now it's five.

Dont let a little slip put you off heel wearing! not funny though when you get hurt. was totally confused by you taking Tylenol and later Motrin????? but with a little investigation have discovered you were taking paracetamol and Ibuprofen,which is what they are in the u.k.,learn something new everyday!!!!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I used the brand name because I thought that it would be more recognizable. ha, ha. It was actually the Wal-Mart store brand of both. Same ingredients though. I had no idea that in the UK the actual name was used! That's pretty cool. (different cultures and stuff than my own interests me.)

I used the brand name because I thought that it would be more recognizable. ha, ha. It was actually the Wal-Mart store brand of both. Same ingredients though. I had no idea that in the UK the actual name was used! That's pretty cool. (different cultures and stuff than my own interests me.)

In the UK it depends on how gullible you are, you can pay £3.00 for Nurofen or 35p for generic ibuprofen. :smile:

To me Tylenol and Motrin sounds like some heavy-duty prescription-only stuff!

• 3 months later...

Motrin is a generic name for IBUPROFEN being the chemical substance, and Tylanol in the same stuff as PARACETAMOL only on the western side of the big pond. By the way, after twisting an ankle I suggest (as M.D.) to wrap your ankle with an elastic bandage for 1-2 weeks. You can put some voltaren (DICLOFENAC) cream underneath if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
Rain, snow, and especially ice can create an adventure while walking in high heels. Rain or snow has never really bothered me while walking in high heels. Ice is a whole different story. I've had trouble walking in ice with shoes made for walking in ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ice is not so bad. You can get a good hold in the ice if you have thin metalic spike under the heel. YOu basically ram it into the ice. Important however is a metallic sharp tip point. forget plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

I learned my lesson about heels & wet surfaces... Walking into a restaurant that has a tile entry way one evening after a rain.. I got right to the door and as I opened it, one foot slid right out from under me like it was on ice.. Had I not been still holding onto the door, it could have been ugly...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a near disaster one morning coming into work. I was fine in the slushy parking lot with my 4" heeled western boots but when I got in the door, the concrete production floor was wet from the others before me who made their way in. I started to do a hydroplane with my left foot and awkwardly regained control before actually going all the way down. I was glad nobody saw it. LOL Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 6 months later...

It could be said that since I wear one shoe I have only half the problem of slipping. But two crutches are very vulnerable to slip on a wet surface, especially the tile that is used in malls and buildings. I have gone down as you did but the worst part is the embarassemnt of having done so especially looking at the faces of those very nice people that assist me in getting up. E