Damaged sandal ankle strap

im not a happy man because i have just noticed that one of the ankle straps on a PLEASER DELIGHT 609LN sandal is trying to part company. what makes it worse is that they have only been worn indoors. i purchased them to do a 10 mile sponsored walk but the way it is looking i would not trust the straps for 10 yards let alone miles. i have contacted the company that i purchased them from to see if they will refund or swap them but im not sure as i have had them 2 months but i believe that they are wearing premature especially as they have only seen indoor wear. if i cant swap them is this an easy repair? i hope so as they fit well and are comfortable. I HAVE POSTED A PICTURE:mecry::smile::mecry::):mecry::silly:

post-17818-133522908007_thumb.jpg

im not a happy man because i have just noticed that one of the ankle straps on a PLEASER DELIGHT 609LN sandal is trying to part company. what makes it worse is that they have only been worn indoors. i purchased them to do a 10 mile sponsored walk but the way it is looking i would not trust the straps for 10 yards let alone miles. i have contacted the company that i purchased them from to see if they will refund or swap them but im not sure as i have had them 2 months but i believe that they are wearing premature especially as they have only seen indoor wear. if i cant swap them is this an easy repair? i hope so as they fit well and are comfortable. I HAVE POSTED A PICTURE:mecry::smile::mecry::):mecry::silly:

If they have only been worn once and that was indoors - then you are entitled to a replacement. I see that you're in Wales. Did you buy them from a UK supplier? The 'Sale Of Goods Act' covers you if you did.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

if you do have a problem with the retailer contact the office of fair trading who will be able to advice you on our rights for this issue. you are entitled to a full refund on faulty unworn or hardly worn shoes, that haven't has "reasonable wear & tare" the shop may offer to replace them instead, or to repair them, but you can insist on a refund. the shop may offer you a credit note instead of a refund. You don't have to accept it either. failing all that send them to me I've just brought a new stitcher!:smile: Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

That joint should have been reinforced with nylon tape...

Yes.....and there should have been about 4 or 5mm more length of the strap stitched into the back part of the shoe upper as well...this is a little surprising, as 'Pleaser' are usually pretty good on quality - even for a mass manufactured shoe.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Yes.....and there should have been about 4 or 5mm more length of the strap stitched into the back part of the shoe upper as well...this is a little surprising, as 'Pleaser' are usually pretty good on quality - even for a mass manufactured shoe.

That is just what i thought. i phoned the suppliers as they had not replied to my email and they said send them back explaining the damage and they will sort out a replacement or something of the same value which does not leave me much choice as they were only £25 in a sale. theres a choice of about three pairs 1/ another pair the same. 2/ dolly 80 3/ viva 609 but there is also a fair choice at £30 a pair. i would prefer pink but white would be ok at a push. i can always get my old heels back that i used for the 5 mile walk i done last year but 10 miles in a pair of 7.5'' heels would be hard work. they are also black (see avatar)

That is just what i thought. i phoned the suppliers as they had not replied to my email and they said send them back explaining the damage and they will sort out a replacement or something of the same value which does not leave me much choice as they were only £25 in a sale. theres a choice of about three pairs 1/ another pair the same. 2/ dolly 80 3/ viva 609 but there is also a fair choice at £30 a pair. i would prefer pink but white would be ok at a push. i can always get my old heels back that i used for the 5 mile walk i done last year but 10 miles in a pair of 7.5'' heels would be hard work. they are also black (see avatar)

That's a very fair offer considering they were bought in a sale. Of course, if none of these replacements are satisfactory then you are entitled to your money back.

• 4 weeks later...

after a lot of problems with getting a response from the supplier i decided to threaten them with the trading standards. it did not take long to get a reply and they have now decided that due to the lack of size 10 heels in stock that they would have them repaired for me. the supplier was NITELIFE in aberdeen scotland who trade as exoticdancewear. the custermer relationship is outright rubbish. there is no way i will ever do business with them again. i would not recommend anyone to go to them. the only good thing to come out of this is that the sandals are comfortable and have nearly been worn in

thats just what i think as well. it seems as if it was only held by about 4 stitches. i have posted a picture showing where it should be stitched to. the strap should go all the way in. the white lines represent the modified stitching

post-17818-133522910666_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but it don't matter how far straps go in, they will still perforate along the final row of stitches if they are i'll fitting or given a tug. However provided there is no underlying cause for the damage then they should be "fit of purpose" & give "reasonable wear & tear" which is where speaking to the retailer comes in. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.