Buying High Heels

heelman83

Where is a good place to buy some nice high heels but not real expensive high heels? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

You tried a shoe shop? There everywhere, all you need to do is look for them... lol.

Your question is like asking "Where can I buy a decent car that isnt too expensive"

@ Regen, best to avoid recommending ANY retailers that you havent personally shopped with.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

@ Regen, best to avoid recommending ANY retailers that you havent personally shopped with.

I'll keep that in mind. Well, given that I have bought shoes from a store and you live in the US... try Payless. I tried looking for a pair of 13's there but all they had was 1 pair of 12's. So they told me that I could go online and print a bunch of different shoes that i wanted in a certain size and then bring the printouts to them at the cash register. There, they will search other stores for the availability of each shoe. They ended up giving me a store within the city (not too far from where i live) with a pair of the shoes i wanted and even gave me a coupon for $3 off on that pair of shoes.

There are some very nice, inexpensive high heels at Payless Shoes. Target has some great high heels at a reasonable price. Burlington Coat Factory has many sales and the one close to where I live has many different styles, some under $20.

I'll keep that in mind. Well, given that I have bought shoes from a store and you live in the US... try Payless. I tried looking for a pair of 13's there but all they had was 1 pair of 12's. So they told me that I could go online and print a bunch of different shoes that i wanted in a certain size and then bring the printouts to them at the cash register. There, they will search other stores for the availability of each shoe. They ended up giving me a store within the city (not too far from where i live) with a pair of the shoes i wanted and even gave me a coupon for $3 off on that pair of shoes.

Payless in Edgewater (N. Sheridan, near W. Devon) carries 13s. I shopped there regularly when I lived in the northern Chicago suburbs. I haven't lived there in about 3 years, but I'd imagine that the staff is still as friendly as they were to me.

After there, your best bet is to head downtown, although not all downtown stores carry 13s. There's one in the first black of S. State that carries 13s, and I just stuck with that one when Edgewater didn't have a style in my size. There's another store in like the 3200 block of W. Roosevelt that was pretty big, so I'd imagine that they carried big sizes too.

Since you're in Chicago, check out Skyscraper Heels, too.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

REGAN, Like DanielinHeels says try out Payless anywhere you see them but I HIGHLY recommend you take a trip to my buddy's store- Skyscraperheels at 2202 West Belmont Ave. just west of Damen. Either park around the corner on Leavitt or right on Belmont BEFORE 4 pm. His store is closed Sunday and Monday, open 11-6 Tuesday and Wednesday, 11-8 Thurs-Sat. If he's not there then Diane or the other girl will help you. Skyscraperheels carries sizes 5-17 and is VERY transgender-friendly so men buying heels there is a very normal thing. SOmetimes I stop in just to say hello and chat and yes, I might try on a pair of heels while I chat. Feel free to stop in, it is the kind of place all of us here dream about. A place that carries a wide selection in larger sizes where you can try on what you want without fear of judgement or looks of any kind. I just wonder how many other cities have such a place because they are rare indeed. There are many places that are friendly towards guys buying heels-Bakers,Target,Aldo,NineWest,etc. but how many have women's sizes past US11?? You could even wear a pair of heels under your jeans or something to go there if you wanted, it's that kind of place. Get out there and immerse yourself and then tell us what happened!! HappyinHeels