Kurt Geiger Girls

Rob

Over the past year my wife has had a few pairs of shoes from Kurt Geiger. The female staff have a "uniform" of all back clothes (often dresses), black opaque tights ("panty hose" for our US members) and a pair of heels from their range. As they are dressed completely in black this makes their (often contrasting) shoes really stand out.

In one store I asked about these for my wife. In my wife's size 7 the heel measures 140mm, with a 20mm platform. I was told that one of the other girls wears them every day whilst working and finds them very comfortable. Apparently the shifts are 6 hours and it is nearly all standing up.

Recently my wife was looking at (and eventually brought) these summer sandals. They also have a 5 inch rise from platform to the top of the heel. The girl who was serving us was wearing the black and cream version, and commented on how much she loves them.

I had assumed that staff were just able to select pairs to wear whilst on duty, but apparently they have to buy them (at a discount of course) and therefore only choose shoes that they really like, knowing that they will be wearing whilst working. Therefore it gives more weight to their comments on the shoes they are wearing.

Of course not all of them wear the highest skyscrapers, but I've only once seen one wearing flat shoes, and all of them appear to have great taste.

post-956-13352290781_thumb.jpg

post-956-133522907811_thumb.jpg

Rob

Ah, that's interesting, I had wondered whether the girls were provided with them or had to buy them, a couple of the girls in our local store seem to have a good handful though; always look stunning and an excellent advertisement for the shoes.

On a related matter, I went on a short break over the last week and flew out of Manchester Terminal 1.

Whilst whiling away an hour or so, with my wallet not expressly locked shut, I discovered that there is a Kurt Geiger concession (oh how my heart skipped).....well had to drop in and have a look and found these http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/154277-kg-elvira and fell in love; they look far better in the flesh than these photos give credit. Now, they were in the store at £102 down from £120 so not a great reduction but tempting, however having looked at the website......£140!........ bugger......therefore wishing I had tried them on and made the purchase.

Oh well, maybe they'll be in the sales?

R

Ah, very interesting, I did wonder if they were a perk of the job! We dont have a KG shop near us, but I find the Dune and LK Bennett shops girls seem very happy to show of some pretty high shoes..always amazed how they seem content enough to stand up in them all day. The assiants in Faith and Office seem to air more toward the flats sadly!

• 3 weeks later...

I notice from the info on the KG website that the heel heights quoted are measured 'inside'. Not our usual convention and not very informative. But, if Rob's example is a good one, the true (back) heel height is around 1cm greater than the quoted 'inside' measurement.

Just as an aside.

When she was a young and glamourous girl, my dear Aunt was a Pan American Airways air stewardess, and she ALWAYS had to wear stiletto heels when working, i.e. flying. It was a part of the uniform, and usually she wore Solanje or Dior shoes, and always light or dark blue.

The company paid for them too.....Oh to have those as Vintage heels now!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"