What's your Shoe size and what shoes do you like?

Regen

My size is EUR 42,5/43 or UK 9 wide (US 11W or US 12, depends the brand but I'm not shopping much on US websites because the postage fees are much higher than european countries like england or germany). I prefer round and closed toe-boxes, and chunkier heels (especially for everydays street-heeling). I wear heels from 3" to 4" most of the time but I like heels up to 6"... and sometimes ballerina flats (which become harder and harder for me to wear because I'm heeling too much). I prefer pumps and boots than sandals and mules, single sole or little platforms (under 1 inch). I would like to enjoy more sandals but I don't really like showing so much of my feet. I hate flip-flops, uggs, crocs and sports/hiking shoes.

I used to take 39 in male shoes, which are pretty hard to get. Male shoes are already rather boring, but if you can only choose from a very restricted selection it is really bad. I stopped buying mens shoes almost 10 years ago. With shoes (and boots) from the womens side of the shop I usually take a 40, because they are somewhat narrower and also I need nowadays some special inserts. Because this is a very common size and the womens section is much larger anyway, and because the designs are much more creative, I am now very happy with the choice I have. I like boots most, but I have also more regular shoes. For normal wear I like to keep things a bit neutral, because I do not want to cause waves at my work. When I go into town, I usually wear about 3 inch heels, block heels or stacked heels. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Shoe sizes really do vary, don't they? Size UK 8 or, when they exist, 7.5. That's about a Euro 41, US 9-10 I think. Styles . . . ooh . . . anything with a 4" - 5" heel really. Favourite pair ever are two pairs of ?1980s? Mollinis - sort of open-sided courts but with an ankle strap, one pair in dark maroon and one in mushroom. Ankle boots, open sandals (wish I had nicer nails though), courts. Last pair I picked up are suede ankle boots in a patchwork of contrasting browns, 4.25 inch heels. Look best with light-coloured jeans. Keep thinking about OTKs or thighboots but can't make up my mind between comfort (3" upward heel) and style (flat). Don't often see girls going for the heel option so if I do bite the bullet I'll probably go low and live with walking like a duck. Have to wait until I'm back in permanent work anyway, so could be a while . . .

I'm a UK 7.5. My absolute favourites are knee-high black leather boots with 4" - 5" stiletto heels and short pointed toes, although I have recently developed a liking for a slightly thicker heel and an almond toe.

I'm still searching for the perfect pair of boots!

Fancy starting a club for 1/2-sizers? Not that it matters, I've got or have had shoes in 6.5, 7, 41 ie large 7, 41 ie small 8 and 8 and they've all more-or-less fit. Can't work out if it's some wierd variant on vanity sizing or if the ridiculously wide heels on UK-market shoes make the difference.

• 1 year later...

US women's 12 for the most part. Sometimes an 11 works, especially in a wide width. My avatar picture probably describes my favorite shoe style the best..black patent classic pumps... I do like a variety of styles though I prefer the more delicate, feminine looking shoes rather than anything with a chunky, heavy look. Heels don't need to be stilettos, but I am partial to the thinner type. Shape of heel is important to me, again, I point to my avatar. T-straps rate high, and I like bows and buckles in the toe area of the shoe. A peep-toe with a bow is most enjoyable. Sandals are great on a woman with nice toes, but really don't look that good on my obviously male feet. I must admit that I'm not looking forward to the next couple years if what I'm seeing hitting the stores now is any indication. Don't like the gladiator look at all! And personally, I've seen enough platforms to last two lifetimes. I don't mind a small platform, but anything much over a half inch I believe looks way too cumbersome, no matter what the heel height.

Women's US 9-10B for me depending on the manufacturer. UK 8 works well too. My favorite shoe would be the true classic pump (I say true classic because these days some of what I would think are too pointy in the toe box get lumped in, for me the toe must be of the almond shape or slight point of the 80s variety). Thin stilettos of 4-5" but I also really like the Antonio Melani Stiletto of around 3.5." I love bows across the vamp or back of the heel and go nuts for anything I can find in this design. I would have to say that closed toe is all that I own. Slingbacks are another favorite and I have a pair of Enzo Angiolini Thrill style in a pewter color that are pretty nice. I once had a 6" stiletto pump of the Frederick's mark but I never really was drawn to super tall fetish shoes. I enjoy the feminine designer styles (but never pay full price, thank goodness for ebay :smile:). I dislike platforms as they remind me of a school music conductor that had a single platform shoe of about 4" to compensate for a shorter leg (nice guy, just creepy for a kid of 11), not intended to be a jab towards those that prefer this style, just my hangup. I also stay away from the extreme point variety as I feel at any time an annoying structure will materialize on top of me. No chunky heels either for me. I just really like the timeless classic cuts that came from Spain and Italy and the newer makes that follow this pattern. Thanks for letting me share!

UK size 8 (41/42 euro)

4"-41/2 heel lift is fine I top out at 43/4 for comfort.

Block heel through to stiletto but love tall thin heels - ticks all the boxes all the time.

Toe shapes any except the long pointed, (even mens) who wants to look like a clown but I think I would pick almond or standard points as preferred.

There has to be a match that says this "works" and long toes don't with me, they flap!

Favorite shoe style is definitely courts with a D'orsy variant high on the sexy list.

Al

I'm a 10.5 US men's size and 11 women's. My favorite high heel shoe, and the only type I wear, is a classic black 5" stiletto pump in either pu or patent leather. No platforms, slingbacks or open toes, either. I have Jantes, Pleasers, Ellies, Hollywood Heels and Frederick's of Hollywood along with Sexy Shoes. The Sexy Shoes offer a wide width 5" pump in half sizes, so I tried a pair of size 10.5 as well as 11. The 10.5s are bit snug, but they do fit. The 11s are just right even though they are just a little loose and my heels pop out when I walk in them. I have also found that Pleasers tend to be snug for their size.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

• 4 weeks later...

womens 9.5 but in some styles I am a 10. I prefer stiletto heels and candies are my favorite for jeans (round toe low platform) and Jessica Simpson is my dress or sexy choice. 4 inch heel is modest and most comfortable but I can handle up to 5.5 just as easy. Anything higher without platform gets tricky.

I wear US womens 10 1/2 to 11. Boots and pumps exclusively.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey all! :smile::D:wave: First post and this seemed as good as any...... I am a Women's 9.5 in a sandal, 10 (mostly) in a closed toe. I like everything from super high platforms down to a cute pair of flats (only one pair) - as long as they are cute! Two pair are due at my door today - so pictures will be posted in the appropriate place when I get them. I hope to get to know you all as time goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm wondering what everyone's shoe size is and what shoes you really like. Please state what the numbers are.

I am a size 13 US woman's and I really like wearing open toe high heel sandals such as this:

http://www.misshighheel.com/sandals-ecl58.html

I also like using red nail polish over any other nail polish.

I'm typically a 9/9.5 US, 40 Euro (I don't care what the conversion charts say, most Euro sizes run small), though it depends on the shoe (I have a pair at 8.5). I love stiletto pumps, usually prefer no platform and no peep toe, but I make exceptions on both counts.