Men sex it up with high heels

blender

Interesting article. I'd like to get kneehighs comments on it and the New York Fashion week that, I am sure, he just finished working. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I know I want to get excited about this article, but ... is The Star a major news source in Canada? I mean to say, is this just one article amidst a minefield and while very cool isn't indicative of a trend or move towards a more fashion or heel conscious society?

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

Hey the girls took the corsets, wigs, leotards, skirts...all items originally worn by men...and made tehm their own. It's about time that men reclaimed high heels for themselves!! Onward and UPward we go!!! HappyinHeels

From time to time, fads in fashion will tend to push the envelope for change. This seems to be one of those times. It does bring a bit more hope that heeling will come to pass sooner, but like the writer pointed out, heeling happened for a while in the 1970's and then retreated into obscurity. This could develop into a trend right away, if news like this was covered and dispersed by the major information agencies and if more guys would show their support and wear heels in public. Chances are neither will be done on a large enough scale to make that much of a difference soon.

Great arcticle. Honestly, I think the only way to broaden the minds of the masses (if that's your deal) is to do it subtly. I don't mean that you can't make a statement, more that you can't make a tragic statement. Have an idea as to what you want to say. Personally, I want my look to say, unexpected, challenging and stylish. I wear classy 5" stilettos. The last time I went out they were nude coloured patent (real) leather, closed almond toed stilettos. This article just makes me want to do it more.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I appreciated the sales associate’s descriptions of guys that buy women’s shoes as “fashion forward guy”. The article looked like a condensation of many of the post on hhplace but its nice to here the same words from outside our community.

Thanks for sharing the article... and it has to be true because its on the internet.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Fantastic find! Chetty's words sell men in heels from a high fashion point of view like no other person has ever articulated before. Especially with compelling opening words like, "They are fashion fanatics and only the hottest labels in women's footwear will do: Balenciaga, Rodarte and Alexander Wang." From my point of view, this article just proves that people are willing to accept a man in heels when it's done from a frame of fashion and being true to who you are on the inside.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I told my wife about this article and she gave me a big smile. "You see, its not a big deal" and she noted that now I have very good reason to wear heels everywhere I go without a hesitation; "Just consider it as high fashion and be proud to wear them" :smile:

I told my wife about this article and she gave me a big smile. "You see, its not a big deal" and she noted that now I have very good reason to wear heels everywhere I go without a hesitation; "Just consider it as high fashion and be proud to wear them" :smile:

I like to use the term "fashion forward".

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.