Can this be repaired - rip in leather boot

I have a pair of Aldo leather boots that i intend to put up for sale on HHplace but i need to know if they can be repaired easily before i do it, so buyer is aware of what will need to be done to make them as new. The boots are soft leather that runch at the top of the boot. The leather has got ripped at the seam that connects the heel cup and the leather shaft. I have attached a few pictures to show rip and another that shows the area affected (circled) Can a compitent cobbler restitch the leather or can it be glued. Your thoughts and comments please.

post-207-133522907197_thumb.jpg

post-207-13352290721_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522907224_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

this is fairly routine. but is quite involved! the way I'd do it is to put a pice of leather between the lining & outer upper & stitch this in, you'd end up with an extra 1 row of stitches just above the split but provided both boots are stitched it wouldn't show. typical cost would be about £10-£20 depending on how easy access between the lining & outer upper is. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

I've never had many reliability issues with the mail. & the few times I have (I send hundreds of parcels a year!) their claims system is second to none! Plus its easier for us to get to the post office & make our dispatches than it is with other couriers! you have to speak as you find, but I find royal mail faultless Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

• 1 month later...