Real life sightings of the day (PICTURES ONLY!!!)

Not bad Yamyam - a little blurred though.

Well, myself and the young lady concerned were both walking, and I was trying to look a bit subtle. So I suspect dodgy technique hasn't helped. Of course, you'll always find that a 'proper' camera will give better photos than a phone camera, but that's life.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 1 month later...

How do you guys and girls take pictures of people on the street? I have one of the smallest digital cameras out there, a Casio Exlim, and I'm almost scared shitless that someone is going to catch me and report it to the police or something. Thoughts??????????????/

The digital camera is basically silent, so pretty unobtrusive from that standpoint. Mine is also fairly small. I hold it in one hand and just point it in the direction of where I want a picture, without raising it to my face. I have done similar things for years with an SLR, which is quite noisy by comparison, in order to get candid shots in a crowded scene. Getting pictures in Ginza on Saturday when the main cross street is only open for pedestrian traffic and is very crowded is an example. By just holding the camera and seemingly paying no attention to it, I get a picture without people looking at it or ducking aside or down so as not to get in my way. You don't always get a good picture, but taking several will often yield a good one. There are always quite a few photographers on the street on Saturday in Ginza, mostly with more elaborate SLRs.

Hi Tahira, Nice you like these sandals. I took this picture in october 1984 :lol: on a crowdy saturday afternoon in my hometown's market place. I had then my own darkroom and took that picture to several stores in my country. It seemed the shoes were already out of fashion because no one could help me :lol: so I think you have bad luck finding these. :lol: Later I saw that same lady again at the post office wearing black pumps with an ankle strap. They must have been 5 inch high. I think she liked high heel shoes very much. Greetings, Robert

Robert, how old was the lady who wore those shoes? I didn't know she was a woman because the musculature of her legs is more like a man's. I do like mature women with powerful legs. I'm not sure where one could find shoes like that. Perhaps in the vintage clothing shops.

Michael

How do you guys and girls take pictures of people on the street? I have one of the smallest digital cameras out there, a Casio Exlim, and I'm almost scared shitless that someone is going to catch me and report it to the police or something. Thoughts??????????????/

There is nothing wrong with carrying a camera in your hands. Believe it or not, it's not hard to point a camera towards a subject without having to place it near your face.

The secret is not to be looking at the subject when you take the picture. Position yourself out of direct view of the subject. Observe the subject only to get a general idea of where to point the camera. Then look away from the subject when you snap the picture.

If the subject happens to look around right after you take a picture, they will be looking for someone staring at them.

You can cover up camera sounds with things like sniffling, or coughing, or humming, etc.

Glass windows make great reflectors. You can be facing a store window display and be taking pictures of people behind you.

Another good tip is to wear sunglasses. This way the subject will not know you are looking at them even if they are facing you.

And if all else fails, and the subject confronts you, just ask the subject if they got any money to spare. Then they will think you are a street bum and try to get away from you. :rofl:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Just do it! You have nothing to lose. It takes a little bit of guts but always worth it!

There is nothing wrong with carrying a camera in your hands. Believe it or not, it's not hard to point a camera towards a subject without having to place it near your face.

The secret is not to be looking at the subject when you take the picture. Position yourself out of direct view of the subject. Observe the subject only to get a general idea of where to point the camera. Then look away from the subject when you snap the picture.

If the subject happens to look around right after you take a picture, they will be looking for someone staring at them.

You can cover up camera sounds with things like sniffling, or coughing, or humming, etc.

Glass windows make great reflectors. You can be facing a store window display and be taking pictures of people behind you.

Another good tip is to wear sunglasses. This way the subject will not know you are looking at them even if they are facing you.

And if all else fails, and the subject confronts you, just ask the subject if they got any money to spare. Then they will think you are a street bum and try to get away from you. :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it's at an intersection on a one way street controlled by a traffic light. Probably from Bob's trip to Hawaii. Looks like the truck is sporting a Hawaiin license plate on the front.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes, it's a one-way street (Kalakaua) in Waikiki. It is a good location to people watch as there are several places to sit, even in some shade. I always handle the camera (digital and small) discreetly and try not to photograph faces. Actually, this was the only picture I got this time.

Heelfan visited my place today and showed me these excellent pics of girls going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show round his way. I scanned and posted them for him. There's some nice outfits!

Posted Image

Here a showgoer visits a fast food shop near the theatre:

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just seen these pics from Firefox. Nice work!

Heelfan visited my place today and showed me these excellent pics of girls going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show round his way. I scanned and posted them for him. There's some nice outfits!

Posted Image

Here a showgoer visits a fast food shop near the theatre:

Posted Image