Just bough heels, help me find the courage ...

HighBoots

I just bought a wonderfull pair of calf high leather boots with a 4" blade heel. Can you find the arguments to help me wear them outside ? I'm naturally tall, 195cm, so with those boots i'm towering at 205cm ... do you think it's too much ? Personally I'm very happy of my look wearing those boots, but I'm really afraid of the people's reaction, the heels are high enough to be clearly noticed ... Any input could also help other people having my problem :smile: Cheers from France ...

the biggest hurdle is to look confident while walking down the street. If you look sheepish then you'll be noticed more quickly. Act naturally and most people will completely ignore what you wear. Only the people who stare at the ground while walking will notice and very few of them will comment. The main thing is "don't panic". If confronted with a potential situation simply pass it off as jealousy because they don't have the guts to the same or they can't wear heels. Go for it! It can't hurt you! I, along with many others, faced this dilemma at various points, but the outcome was still the same. Pull it of with some decorum and you'll wonder why you had reservations about it :smile: Get out there and do it! I did! And if I could do that in an area where you're likely to have your windows put through for being different, you can! Good Luck come on people, I think he might need extra encouragement. That's what we're here for B)

What arguments do you need? Firstly, you want to do it, that's the most important. Secondly it's harmless fashion preference. Thirdly, people don't care. I've worn high heels all over N.France. Calais, Rouen, Le Havre, Dieppe, and Paris. I've also worn them in Brussles, Rottadam, and Amsterdam. The people of N Europe are pretty broadminded. You might get a few stares or comments but just ignore it. After you've done it a couple of times you'll wonder what the fuss was about, and after people have seen it once they'll got back to their business.

Hi Highboots, do you have lower heels also? or a soft heel that is more silent? Too many years I went out of the city and suddenly 2 years ago I stepped outside my door to go for a walk in 4" wedges with a soft sole. A few months ago I had to pick up my bicycle I left at the train station because I was brought home by car; I put on my boots with 8 cm heel (slightly more than 3")and went for a walk to the station and cycled home. It's easy, I've been told not to take small steps so I took normal steps. Hope you can do something with this. Greetings from Holland

Hello Highboots, well nice to see another one who isn't wearing the heels because of the additional height B) Well I've worn both of my wedge heeled oxfords for many times in puplic now - they do have a 5" and 6" heels. Well because I'm "just" 188cm without shoes - I'm not reaching your 205cm, but I'm not far away. Well as already mentioned, the main thing is to be self confident in your heels. Take a look at your walking style, if it's absoltely safe - I don't see much problem. Well, as long you can move in the shoes in quite normal way, most people don't even recognize the heels - and also the rest isn't a problem then... And be aware of the door frames! Well that's just what I do think, because of my own experiences.... best wishes Joak :smile:

Thanks again for all the input :smile: And I'm happy not to be the only tall guy to enjoy wearing heels ! I'm not basically afraid of going out in the street wearing those heels. I don't really care about people looking at me weird. What I'm scared of is the reaction of these small group of (often young) people roaming the city, who can be even violent about "out of the norm" people. Individuals will not dare being bad alone, but reactions of groups of people are often more extreme, because they feel more powerfull... I think I would be more confident if I could find other people sharing my heel love in my city, being at least two makes you a less easy target for troublemakers ... I hope my english is clear enough B)

Groups of youths are more fun to deal with, especially when they go for you. I just snarl and pile in, picking out the biggest or the gobbiest first. Once you've taken two out (doesn't take much) the others think again. You might get one that thinks 'I can take him' then when you break his arm, the rest scarper at an unheard of rate of knots. I have been jumped a few times, but hit them hard enough the first time and they won't come back. In fact, they'll go out of their way to get out of yours! :smile: This approach may not work for everyone, it all depends on your mentallity. I'm completely mental and have no qualms about getting hurt to defend myself. Youths that roam around in gangs are cowards. Hurt one or two of them enough and they go away. Simple isn't it? Although the resorting to violence part I'm not particularly happy about, but it's the only language some of these idiots understand. Don't let them discourage you at all. By and large they will spot you and maybe do some name calling. They tend to steer clear of a confrontation, but may follow you for a little bit, this only empahasises their stupidity to the rest of the world, so ignore them until they physically provoke you. Your height should be enough of a deterrant. I'm 5ft 8in tall and have fews problems. Some of these gang members have asked me why I wear them, to which they answer 'Cool' or 'Fair enough'. I do prefer to educate them rather than belt the living snot out of them. Not so many years ago I would have piled into them just because they looked. If ignorance is bliss, then these idiots must be in heaven! Treat them with the comptempt they deserve. Don't gratiate them by giving them a negative reaction and they'll give up. Hope this helps.

My first experience of wearing heels in public involved me walking right through the middle of a group of youths, they were more interested in what they were doing and probably didn't even notice me (5' 11" wearing 4" block and dressed head to toe in black leather and they didn't even notice me? I was actually thinking thank god at the time but it does beg the question ....) Sometime you just have to challenge people back, if they want to use violence then I think you have two choices, use violence back or, use your head. I had a potentially nasty experience in london once, three obviously drunk lads were spoilling for a fight, one said something insulting to me (I was so underwhelmed by it I forget what it was!) to which I replied it was a free country, so the idiot said the same thing as I walked past, his mate started "making large" and asked me what I was going to do, I said "Nothing, it's a free country and he can say what he likes" and carried on walking! They were completely dumbfounded and just stood there with jaws on the floor! Of course, at the time I wasn't into heels but I think exactly the same rules would apply to anyone in a similar situation, you don't have to fight fire with fire and as far as confidence is concerned just ask yourself this, how many times are girls nervous when they go out in that little dress for the first time, or those very high heels? It's not an exclusively male nervousness you are suffering from but it is good to have a support group, so good luck and get stuck in :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Hello Highboots, You might want to consider a more intermediate boot for your first time out if you're feeling a little squeamish. Say a 2 1/2" or 3" very chunky heel with pants long enough to high some/most of the heel. The pants will have to be bootcut or flared. Using this approach will allow you to build up your confidence at a sane pace with no risk of "standing out". In time, you'll determine your own "comfort zone" for what constitutes suitable public wear. Good Luck! :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I picked these up from Rave's the other day and they seem to be the right height to start off in when wanting to wear them out. I'm considering wearing these to work next

Posted Image

Only mine are black and not patent. They're really comfy!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

First time for me, I wore my 2" wedgies through a motorway service station. I went to buy a drink and then straight back to the car. I died of terror every inch of the way there and back, but it turned out OK. No-one batted an eyelid. Not long ago, I was halfway across a petrol station when I realised I still had my heels on :smile: . Oops. No-one batted an eyelid then either. Fortunately for me, the guy who read my name &c off my fuel card couldn't see my boots through the counter. It's all about confidence. Once you can fake that, you're sorted.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"