Life or death choice

GIVEN A LIFE OR DEATH CHOICE WHICH PAIR WOULD YOU PICK TO WALK 26 MILES IN  

18 members have voted

1. 1. GIVEN A LIFE OR DEATH CHOICE WHICH PAIR WOULD YOU PICK TO WALK 26 MILES IN

• BETTY 01
    • DIVINE 415
    • DIVINE 431
    • DIVINE 440
    • GOGO 50
    • ROMANCE 313
    • ROMANCE 360
    • ROMANCE 372

This might sound like a rather stupid thread but not as stupid with what I hopefully aim to attempt next year if all goes well. What I am asking is if a person put a gun to your head and said ''You are going to walk a 26 mile marathon by choosing one of these pairs of shoes.'' Which pair would you choose?. You have to remember that it is 26 miles you will be walking and unless you complete it you're dead. For this reason you are going to pick the most comfortable. pick the pair you you choose from the picture and vote on the poll.

post-17818-133522906998_thumb.jpg

this poll does sound rather, ===== however, to me, the more important point of choosing shoes a pair of shoes to wear for long periods of time and long walks is how they fit rather than the heel height. If they fit correctly and are comfortable, that is the main point (which I am sure you are aware.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

None of the shoes look like they offer much in the way of arch support. The heels are hard, which means the impact points don't have the needed cushioning properties for walking great distances. Also, these points are positioned too far towards the back of the foot and not directly under the ankle causing extra stress upon the arch, as the ankle bearing the body weight pushes on the unsupported arch. This will also tend to make the foot work harder in the process of walking and foot fatigue will become more of a factor as the intensity of the aches and pains increases from the improper support.

I'd wear trainers...

so would i normally but at the end of the day i will be doing it for charity as as i have proved, high heels will get more attention than a pair of trainers. take my first high heel walk of 5 miles. i wore 7.5'' heels to do the walk and recieved lots of attention and sponsors and i raised over £700. ask yourself this. how much attention and money would i have raised if i had been wearing a pair of trainers? not a lot i think

I think this poll is going to be as completely useless as the last poll he made ... 10 mile walk in platforms ... apparently 4 or 5 forums took part and had chosen a pair from the 6 or 8 pictured ... only to choose, himself, a pair that wasn't on the list. I believe he's been banned from two or three of these forums either for being "completely off-topic" or for "making threads that were a complete farce" I think it's safe to say he's doing the same here ... gogo50's were discontinued either 2008 or 2009 from what I've seen on many retail websites ... I may be wrong but surely retailers won't take them off their shelves, virtual or otherwise, for any other reason ... ?? Regards TDS

I think this poll is going to be as completely useless as the last poll he made ... 10 mile walk in platforms ... apparently 4 or 5 forums took part and had chosen a pair from the 6 or 8 pictured ... only to choose, himself, a pair that wasn't on the list.

I believe he's been banned from two or three of these forums either for being "completely off-topic" or for "making threads that were a complete farce"

I think it's safe to say he's doing the same here ... gogo50's were discontinued either 2008 or 2009 from what I've seen on many retail websites ... I may be wrong but surely retailers won't take them off their shelves, virtual or otherwise, for any other reason ... ??

Regards

TDS

i quote you that the pair i choose in the last poll was on the list but the style name was slightly different. the style i choose was a DELIGHT 609LN. there was a DELIGHT 609 in the poll which is identical except that the LN version is available in pink. the only other difference is the LN version has 3 lines around the heel and sole. the GOGO 50 is still widely available and to my knowlege is not discontinued. my threads are also not a complete farce. if you think they are why dont you come down to swansea in august and watch me walk the 10 miles in the heels or better still why dont you do the walk in high heels as well. i have also not been banned from any forums to my knowledge. it may also interest you to know that i have already done 1 high heel walk wearing the heels that i am wearing in my avatar. if you dont believe me read the paper article i have posted

post-17818-133522907159_thumb.jpg

i quote you that the pair i choose in the last poll was on the list but the style name was slightly different. the style i choose was a DELIGHT 609LN. there was a DELIGHT 609 in the poll which is identical except that the LN version is available in pink. the only other difference is the LN version has 3 lines around the heel and sole

Thus meaning that it was, indeed, a pair that was not on the list. You just said it yourself.

It's a bit like saying the Golf and the Golf GTI are not two different cars ... they are built by VW and are both Golf models but one has more power and looks nicer.

In this case they are both built by pleaser and are both "DELIGHT" models but ones an LN ... which came in pink and had 3 lines down it...

Regards.

TDS

Thus meaning that it was, indeed, a pair that was not on the list. You just said it yourself.

It's a bit like saying the Golf and the Golf GTI are not two different cars ... they are built by VW and are both Golf models but one has more power and looks nicer.

In this case they are both built by pleaser and are both "DELIGHT" models but ones an LN ... which came in pink and had 3 lines down it...

Regards.

TDS

a golf and a golf cannot be compared to a pair of sandals. both handle differently for a start. the 609 and 609LN will both feel identical to walk in. if you had a pink golf gti and a red golf gti would they be diffent cars or the same

you make a very unconvincing argument. a golf and a golf GTI are the same as your platforms ... you cant compare the "handling" of sandals and of course they are going to feel the same ... because they have the same heel hight and platform and are made by the same manufacturer ... even at that they wont feel exactly the same. I've made my point ... and I know I'm not wrong ... would you like a shovel or a JCB (backhoe) to dig yourself a deeper hole?

You say tomato and I say tomato......my, this is just plain silly......TDS, who licked the red off your candy? :pulsingheart: Chill -- it's not that big a deal! If he wants to wear herring boxes without tops.....who the hell cares......:blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You say tomato and I say tomato......my, this is just plain silly......TDS, who licked the red off your candy? :pulsingheart: Chill -- it's not that big a deal! If he wants to wear herring boxes without tops.....who the hell cares......:blinkbigeyes:

thanks mate. glad someone can see some sense and where im coming from

I'm sure that TDS isn't saying that you're not doing this for a good cause ... and that it would be foolish to think that way. All he seems to be stating is that if, as an example, the poll is won by the gogo50's (for argument sakes) that you don't go out and buy a pair that can be seen by members, such as TDS, as completely different pairs ... irrespective if you think they are or not. I'm under the assumption that TDS was a member of one of the other forums who voted for the delight 609s ... Personally it does take the "shine" out of doing the good deed if you have people who think you cheated them out of helping. I am not condoning or condemning either of you. I am merely voicing an opinion.:blinkbigeyes:

thanks mate. glad someone can see some sense and where im coming from

Indeed, I'm with Bubba, although, it would be great to hear about something else other than just "pick a pair of shoes for me" allll the time, its getting to be a little bit of a scratched record..

Enjoy what you do by all means, but are we nothing more than just a voting booth for you?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!