Travel in ballet boots

Dancer Girl

Has anyone travelled recently while locked in ballet boots? Most airports ask you to take your shoes off and wonder if you have experience with being able to get on a plane if you are locked in your ballets and the key is not with you?

I havent done that in ballet boots but I have had problems getting through the gates due to the fact that all of my shoes have 6 in plus heels and are all stillettos . They tell my that my shoes could be used as a weapon...

I havent done that in ballet boots but I have had problems getting through the gates due to the fact that all of my shoes have 6 in plus heels and are all stillettos . They tell my that my shoes could be used as a weapon...

I got told the same thing!!! I don't think they'd ever let you through without taking off ur heels, so thas prolly a no go.

Yes, I do walk in these

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Spent the weekend in NY shopping. Brought a pair and on Saturday walked for about 8 hours and over 20000 steps in them.  Two Tylenols and couple glasses of wine by evening. My toes felt like they had been beat but by Sunday morning seemed ok

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 3/10/2010 at 7:06 PM, Ami said:

Never been locked in a pair of heels or boots before, but I have been asked to remove my HH boots before boarding to "ensure mine and other passengers safety."

Were you required to walk barefoot for the whole flight or could you put them back on?