Bad Press

It's the usual policy of these bods to treat adverse comment as if they have not heard it, much in the same way as the UK Royal Family. They will only react if they are receiving bad press on a scale approaching the volume of their readership. We are a minority with 800 or so registered members, so they don't give a sh*t. Xa

JeffM wrote:

They may want to do an in depth interview with him about his being a transvestite.

Perhaps we should suggest to them that Eddie Izzard interview DB?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise I haven't heard back from them. In any case if I did it would only be some standard bshit about "We're sorry you didn't like the article, but we try and reflect a broad range of opinions and the views of the feature writers are not necessarily those of the editor or the magazine".

Wasn't there a press story re some fuss between Sven (the football man) and Ulrica where she divulged that Sven was into high heels and had some of his own (or have I got that wrong?)?. I missed the main incident, but seem to remember a later press snippet to that effect. Can anyone fill us in properly? Cheers, Heelsfan.

There must have been something because there was a satire sketch on "Is it really them" where "Sven" tries on a pair in a shop in a private fitting room. They were ordinary men's oxfords with a rubbish looking black 2" block nailed on the bottom. Sven says "Ya, Ya , is feel good. I take them"

And to follow up quoting Soccer net

Sven's artificially uplifting footwear is the most revealing of all the exposes about his private life and I have to ask myself: can we really trust a man who wears lifts? Eriksson should count himself fortunate that Paul Gascoigne is no longer a part of the World Cup reckoning - he would have been unable to resist a bit of fun at the expense of a guv'nor who wears high heels.

Win or lose at Leverkusen tonight, United and their manager will be standing tall - on their own two feet.

Can we really trust a man who wears lifts?... more rubbish from some old hack column writer struggling to get his word count up :wink:

Here at last is the article that started me off. Sorry for the delay I've had to wait until I could do this from home as my work computer kept changing it to a bmp

In case of any copyright laws I could be breaking I'd just like to give full discredit for this article to the magazine "heat"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I agree and I think his feet look fantastic they are so well manicured they are quite enviable :wink:

Let calm be widespread

And, of course, he looks happy and confident in his chosen style, which is again really great! Well done, I say!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I saw that in the Mail as someone left it on my desk yesterday. Papers :wink: never happy until they rip someone to shreds. They have so much power to do so much good. I'd love a positive paper to read full of feel good stories, positive outcomes and rejoicing in life. I'm not saying that we should cover up the ugliness that's around us, or to not report valid news, but I am saying that they shouldn't be allowed to trash people for just being themselves. It's only envy that's for sure.

Let calm be widespread

Publishers have proven time and again that good news doesn't sell newspapers. It's a bottom line game. Got to sell newspapers to stay in business. We all like good news and enjoy stories with wonderful endings. But, "Dog bites man" doesn't sell. "Man bites dog" -- not, stop the presses. I don't believe there is a happy medium. We're just out of luck.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But, "Dog bites man" doesn't sell. "Man bites dog" -- not, stop the presses.

I agree in part Bubba but then I won't buy papers because I can't stand the rubbish that's in them and I know a lot of people like that. It would be interesting to see just who buys and who doesn't buy papers. The thing is that there aren't any feel good papers to monitor this by as all of them prefer gloom and doom. I tease a co worker who buys a paper every day and relishes in telling us all about all the gloom and doom he's just read :wink::D

Don't get me wrong I do love a piece of gossip :o but not in a negative way e.g. I love looking at what celebs wear at premiers, oscars etc and I like to know about who they are nor not seeing and about them as people so prefer really to watch them in interview so that I can judge for myself and not take on someone elses opinion. Just as if I want to know what's happening in this world I'll watch the news on tv as I can again see for myself as they are just reporting facts - mind you even that depends on what Big Brother wants you to see or not see :D and that's another story!

Let calm be widespread

Like Julietta (and I do, ever such a lot :wink: ) I don't buy a paper. With me, tho', it's because I don't have time. I like to know what's going on in the world, but I don't class Sven's lifts or Val Kilmer's toenails as world news. I don't like the way the news is almost always bad, so I tend to concentrate on the good things in life. I have enough bad news just getting thru the week, so I don't need to go look for any more. Here's some good news: I had a phone call today to say I've won second prize in a raffle at my local supermarket. They were promoting Vanilla Coke, which I quite like anyway, and I was there buying some shoes, so I was happy. And I won something, so a bit of a result all round. Not sure what the prize is, yet, but I'm sure the kids will like it, so more good news there!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Newspapers are multi-subject publications. Different sections for different interests. Sports, society, “hard news and editorial section,” comics, employment, entertainment (movies/TV listings), food and shopping to name just a few. So, on any given day you can usually find more news about more things than you really want to know or time to read. Good news does get reported. Not on the first page or even in the “A” Section, where the more “sensational” eye grabbing articles are featured, however. Readers usually have to turn a few pages before they see something that catches their interest. While the number of people that “get their news” from television has increased dramatically, especially since the advent of the 24-hour all news all the time cable networks (CNN, FOX, CNBC, etc.) began broadcasting, there’s still a large number of readers, like me, that subscribe to local newspapers to get what's happening around the local area and in the region. News that's usually underreported by TV and radio stations in larger cities. As far as reporters producing stories that “rip people to shreds,” I think that’s referred to as “investigative reporting” these days. Apparently "Watergate" type stories are the surest and quickest way for a reporter to make a reputation. And, sensational stories increase readership and that gets raises. There was a great movie made back in the early 80’s staring Paul Newman and Sally Fields, “Absence of Malice,” about a reporter that ruined several lives by reporting unsubstantiated rumors. It's even more on point today when every reporter seems to have a personal agenda that manages to work it's way into their reporting.