posting pics rules

jsphcass

Can someone here with more experience than myself let me know where i might find information about the rules for posting pics? I have attempted to find this info but am not getting very far...any help would be very much appreciated because this place is HUGE and i dont want to post any more pics that do not follow the accepted format/content of whats allowed here. Thank you all.

It is fairly simple, in short look at the other albums and keep them in the same style.

also read here http://www.hhplace.org/technical_support_requests_proposals/14448-galleries.html

Not allowed are pictures taken from the net, pictures of just shoes or pictures of just shoes on feet.

Really not allowed are pictures showing body parts other than arms legs. remember this and you wont go far wrong, If you could walk down the street and past a police officer without being arrested it is going to be okay, we also keep this forum family friendly as much as possible, if the picture is not suitable for children to stumble across, don't post it here.

Keep the pictures interesting, loads of exactly the same picture with just a different pair of shoes is fairly boring.

Finally, if it is unacceptable we will remove it fairly quickly, your peers here will report you to the team and we will act on it.

I know this sounds a bit heavy, but other than these guidelines, anything goes (keep it heel related please).

Just to add I have just had a quick wander around the albums, most of them are fine, but there are one or two breaking these guidelines. try not to do the same,

thanks

The angels have the phonebox.

sendra45, thank you very much for the explination regarding picture posting rules(are these actually written out somewhere that can be found without asking...i had a heck of a time trying to find). I thought i had followed those guidelines but had one of my albums deleted (one theat had been here for several months)...hence i am still a bit foggy about what i could have possibly posted that would have resulted in a deletion. I am sure many, many members have seen my pics and never once have i received a negative response or comment from an admin. or memeber over the past few months. What am i missing? I am sorry if i sound confrontational because that is not my style nor do i wish to be perceived as such....just find it somewhat frustrating to have pics that follow the policies presented by your post being deleted with absolutely no concrete explination provided. I guess what bothers me the most is that i'm left feeling like a rogue member :blinkbigeyes:. But, none the less, i appreciate the time invested in your response. Thank you.

Well, I personally didnt delete them, but something must have been wrong, I will do a deal with you, you start another album and pm me when new pics are posted and I will make sure they are suitable. do you have a flikr or photobucket account? PM me, thanks

The angels have the phonebox.

I deleted loads of albums yesturday that were just pictures taken from the web or just pictures of only shoes, didnt even have any feet in them, and lots that were only the shoes and feet.. We dont want pictures of just the shoes, or just the feet in the shoes. The reason there are still some left like that is because this is now the 3rd time in 2 days I've had to explain this, despite it being answered a number of times in the tech support forum. The more we have to re-explain things over and over, the less that gets done, there just isnt enough hours in the day. Needless to say, I wont be answering this question anymore, there has to come a point at which people start looking for themselves.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

A gallery, like any art gallery, is supposed to be interesting. People want to see you IN what you are wearing! Take some time, make an interesting picture, THEN post it! Let's face it.....just a picture of a shoe tells no story whatsoever. Yes, they're nice by themselves, but you can have the coolest shoe, yet have it be a piece of junk when it comes to being able to wear it. So if you're too lazy to take a real picture, then why bother? Anyone can look in a catalog after all.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Indeed. We are not looking for a shoe catalogue we are looking for a picture that tells a story that goes beyond "This is a picture of some shoes I've ordered, I hope they come." or "This is my feet in a pair of high heels". It is nice to see personalised pics. We like to see the outfits you wear with your heels and we like to know that they are pictures of either you or your friend or partner. Even street shots are allowed too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not that it really affects me anyway as I've not done a gallery, but what was the thinking behind that rule?

Simple really, why bother having galleries if all people are going to do is fill it with duplicates of whats already on the internet.

Thats what the "Who has bought some new shoes" thread can be used for if you want to just show of the shoes..

Who wants to go to an art gallery and look at the frames with no pictures in them?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 3 weeks later...