What bothers you most when you wear high heels in public?

Ivan

The only thing that bothers me about wearing heels in public is that I can't do it more often...

Amen to that. I AM getting a little more brave though. I was able to take the attached during a couple of work days.......

My heart was pounding all day! I didn't actually go into the customers place, but almost. The day will arrive (soon, I hope).

I mostly keep a pair in the work vehicle with me at all times and will wear them at EVERY chance!

And I couldn't do it without ALL of the support from the other members of this forum. Thanks to ALL!

post-31243-133522947635_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522947646_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522947662_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522947675_thumb.jpg

post-31243-133522947689_thumb.jpg

Pretty heels and nice pant cut. Really stylish. Care to show us the whole look?

I would LOVE to - but my arms aren't long enough!!

I'll see if I can't find an understanding soul to take some full length shots (she knows who she is) :irked::smile: :smile:

I would LOVE to - but my arms aren't long enough!!

I'll see if I can't find an understanding soul to take some full length shots (she knows who she is) :irked::smile: :smile:

Or a camera with a timer/ cable release and a tripod :smile:

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I would have to say that at this point I am still bothered most by what someone might say to me? I know I should not care but I do still, so I am very stealthy. The only nerve I have had so far is to wear them into a donut shop early in the morning on the way to work. The lady behind the counter noticed and grinned but did not say a word about them.

I would have to say that at this point I am still bothered most by what someone might say to me? I know I should not care but I do still, so I am very stealthy. The only nerve I have had so far is to wear them into a donut shop early in the morning on the way to work. The lady behind the counter noticed and grinned but did not say a word about them.

The lady behind the counter's reaction is pretty typical, and you can pretty much expect reactions similar to this when heeling full time. This encounter is not likely to be your last.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

There is a wonderful world to enjoy from the pedestals of high heels, but when somebody approaches and asks to get a couple of pictures to prove to their friends they saw a guy in heels, it kind of bothers me. The social attitude is so naive to think men can't wear heels or if they can, they shouldn't want to because the stereotyping sez heels shouldn't be included in the attire guys wear. Obviously, the social standards have ignored and are neglecting to acknowledge the many men who are wearing heels, even high stilettos and most of us aren't trying to mimic the female form or be female impersonators. When women run around in dungarees and plaid fannel shirts, they aren't seen as trying to be men. What has to happen so that men in heels isn't seen as them trying to become women, but just guys who wear heels? Maybe, it's a perception problem from not seeing enough guys publicly wearing heels. HUHHH, yah think! If so, you know what you and I have to do. The process of women wearing trousers didn't happen over night. They had to exert their preference to wear trouser against the social attitude for a number of years, even against other women who also opposed such change. One of the opposing arguments was that women would become men if they wore trousers; truely a narrow minded preception. Even today, women aren't considered properly dressed for formal occasions in trousers/pants. So guys, wearing heels may have its opposition, but this is a person's right to choose how they will adorn for their public and private appearances.

Greetings Ivan :-)

Nothing is more important than your attitude and confidence while wearing heels in public.

I'm sure others will notice you more if you don't appear to be confident.

Like you, I was also shy in the beginning and looking to the ground.

Now I walk with my head up and I don't hesitate to look at others.

Worst case: They will have a weird look in their face (which is quite rare)

Best case: They will look at you with a smile or no reaction at all.

One thing is sure: It is only in your head.

(Unless you are wearing pink stiletto heels in full view, of course...:irked:)

Good luck and happy heeling !

Greetings NF :-)

I think many people do notice but they prefer to remain neutral in their reaction.

How can someone not notice a guy wearing heels ? (Unless they are hidden)

Hi all,

I agree with the sentiments mentioned earlier, and I'm a public wearer of stilettos in all colours, whatever suits including pinks and reds. One thing I've learnt is that a heel is a heel - and regardless of how extreme or feminine the heel - all that matters is the wearers confidence. I believe this applies for guys or gals wearing heels, its just the nature of wearing heels.

My biggest fear in heels is not looking good. By this I mean not having a coordinated outfit, not being well enough groomed, not handling a situation well - eg breaking a heel, slipping etc on mall floors. Drinking related issues, balancing heels if I'm drinking all night and then interracting with local/ out of town idiots in some situations. My confidence comes from my belief (hope) that I look good, I certainly try hard, and as long as you the wearer has confidence you can do anything.

My pet hate is wolf whistles and hands on my legs (when not expected). I'm not trying to be a girl, and am not aiming to solicite that attention (and this would only be 5% of the time) so its probably no different that it would be for most women?

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Not to mention, also, cracks in the pavement or metal gratings where the heel can get inside and brake. Specially at night when things are not very clear and you can twist an ankle easily. I'm aware of the rest of the concerns, which are basically nested in my own fear or insecurity. I must say Dr. Shoe has a good point when he says you should go to very populated places when street heeling: nobody notices because, usually, people are in there own stuff. I wouldn't mind some attention. I dislike the yelling or shouting of somebody who saw what he considered a misfit in his own standards. Nobody points out an earring on a guy, or long hair, or tight trousers. So... why should some start beating the drums at a guy in heels? I don't like it because its rude. It has nothing to do with heels.

Amen to that. I AM getting a little more brave though. I was able to take the attached during a couple of work days.......

My heart was pounding all day! I didn't actually go into the customers place, but almost. The day will arrive (soon, I hope).

I mostly keep a pair in the work vehicle with me at all times and will wear them at EVERY chance!

And I couldn't do it without ALL of the support from the other members of this forum. Thanks to ALL!

i love the toe cleavage.

ALL, Since I have been buying 100% of my shoes the last 2.5 years IN-PERSON at various stores,and more recently wearing heels to do some of that heel shopping, I have convinced myself the gremlins are all mental barriers we erect. What bothers me most is that while I wear what I want I know there are thousands and thousands of other men who want to do what I am doing and are not doing it. Because so few men are SEEN in heels it would seem that the pace of society's acceptance is glacial. Remember my quick calculator about 200 people seeing me within 30 minutes? Multiply this by thousands of more men who suddenly start wearing their heels and the many more that will see them. That is my frustration...the potential that is lost to the gremlins. I know many of us go it alone but I also the power of the human psyche to overcome, to improvise, and to adapt. Remember this well, your desire to wear heels is inexorable and will only grow over time so you'd better embrace it and enjoy the one life you have. HappyinHeels:wavey:

My extra height. I am 6ft 6inch or about 1m 94c. a 4 inch heel makes me closer to 6'10''. at that height I am hitting normal doorways (6'8") and really attracting a lot of attention any way. When that happens, it always seems like folks look for the shoes to see how big they are. They look and I get the grins, giggles and stares.Sometimes it helps to think of going out as a Macy's parade balloon. If I call attention to the upper portion maybe they will not see the things holding me up.

AChappel, Yes, you confirm my experiences. at 6'5" I'm just an inch short of you... I hold my head up, look people in the eye, am quick to say "Hello", hold doors open for women and don't let them slam on men. Bow your head politely when passing through those doors, head knocks are not desired. (though most commercial doors are seven feet!) Even skirted, where the boots and heels are obvious, the head up and engaging of other will minimize attention. I remember walking into a Chico's and with the sales lady behind a rack of close, she could not see my long skirt and heels as we began our conversation: "How can I help you?" "I'm interested in any long skirts you may have" "What size?" "Not too sure, I know sizes vary" About that lime I had rounded the clothes rack and we were face to face 4 feet apart or so, she was still gazing up at me in our conversation and we went a sentence or two further along (she was still under the assumption the skirt would be for someone else) before I had to comment, sweeping my hands downwards, "You see I occasionally like to wear skirts." I do find that it seems to be common for some to look down at my feet immediately after noticing my height. Are they thinking "how can't he be that tall?"

It bothers me that although I would have the guts to wear heels publicly and don't care what random strangers think, I am too worried about how those that are close to me (friends and family) would react. I'd like to think they wouldn't care, but by the same token, i can't help thinking that I wouldn't be asked to come to a babecue again....:irked:...maybe i should start with a small inconspicuous heel and see what happens...

Achappel, Tallguyinheels, I support 100% what tallguyinheels said, even if I am not into skirts. I am also tall, but "only" 6'4 (So I can't play center at basket ball). The thing is with or without the heels, what difference ? I am still the taller in any public place I go, and people will have to look up at me anyway. It is their problem, not mine. Fortunately I am not bothered with doors. What bothers me the most is that I pay attention to my look, which I am not used to doing. (I usually wear the first shirt, the first jean and the first "regular" shoes I find at home without a second thought). What bothers me in second place is how I could improve my outfit. Currently trying to find clothes that lower the waist (difficult in summer) and shoes that don't make my feet look to small, which would unbalance the global look.