What bothers you most when you wear high heels in public?

Ivan

Hey fellow heel lovers I'm a straight guy that wear high heels since I was 14 (I'm 30 now). And I always dress like a guy, but with heels (t-shirt, jeans and 4" strappy sandals is my favorite combo) But at least here in Brazil, everyone will always associate this to a sexual orientation... nobody will never accept that a straight guy can wear heels. (I have absolutely nothing against gays, I have gay friends) but this bothers me a little what bothers you most?

This is nothing new. IF you look back 30 years, then you will remember that any males wearing earrings, especially two earrings were considered to be gay. People are very ignorant and just don't learn. After heels are accepted, then there will be another item of clothing that will be thought of as gay and so on for years and years to come.

Hey fellow heel lovers

I'm a straight guy that wear high heels since I was 14 (I'm 30 now).

And I always dress like a guy, but with heels (t-shirt, jeans and 4" strappy sandals is my favorite combo)

But at least here in Brazil, everyone will always associate this to a sexual orientation... nobody will never accept that a straight guy can wear heels.

(I have absolutely nothing against gays, I have gay friends) but this bothers me a little

what bothers you most?

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

What bothers me the most are slippery surfaces :-)

Amen to that.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Hi all, I agree with slippery surfaces - although that is part of the challenge - but I really hate the damage I get from dropping a heel in a crack in the pavement. Walking out of the shoe etc is inconvenient (but normal in that circumstance so I just deal with it) but my heels suffer damages from such obstacles - and I have ruined a good pair of dressy stilettos with pavement damage. Heel-Lover

I would say that irregular sidewalks pisses me off... lol

Oh Hailyeah. New York City must have an ordinance that no two contiguous or consecutive blocks can have sidewalks at the same pitch. I understand having a slight tilt to enable rain to run off into the gutter but the variance from block to block is huge.

-MJ

At my age I am not bothered by what people think, but a fall would be a disaster. I usually wear boots with a block heel for their stability and limit myself to 3 inch heels out of doors. I must say, though, that I am bothered by downhill slopes particularly when they are wet.

What bothers me the most are the "weird" looks I get when wearing my heels in public. (Most look at you from a distance then look away after a few second and don't bother) The other day I was walking in the mall and a young lady looked at my feet from a distance. When she was only a few feet away she looked at me straight into my eyes. I did the same with a smile. (She got very cute eyes... Maybe this is why I looked back at her :blinkbigeyes:) It was the first time (that I noticed) someone beeing so close directly looking at me because of what I was wearing on my feet. (I was wearing my black 2½" heel boots over skinny jeans)

You know guys, that we all look at these things mentioned here as problems only for guys wearing heels. Lets put the shoe on the other foot so to speak for a while. Don't you think that some of these reasons would concern girls also when they wear their heels out in public? Go back and reread this thread again and look at it from a girls point of view. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree with alot of the responses so far, but since I've become so comfortable with wearing my heels in public. The thing that bugs me the most is that not ENOUGH people notice. I'm to the point that I want ppl to notice. So they can either react positively and I can build off that. Or they can react negatively and they can see I don't give rat's rump!

What bothers me the most are the "weird" looks I get when wearing my heels in public.

(Most look at you from a distance then look away after a few second and don't bother)

The other day I was walking in the mall and a young lady looked at my feet from a distance.

When she was only a few feet away she looked at me straight into my eyes.

I did the same with a smile. (She got very cute eyes... Maybe this is why I looked back at her :blinkbigeyes:)

It was the first time (that I noticed) someone beeing so close directly looking at me because of

what I was wearing on my feet. (I was wearing my black 2½" heel boots over skinny jeans)

Wow, I'm jealous! that's something I still can't do after of more than 15 years wearing heels in public... I would love to look at everyone in the eyes, but I'm super shy when I'm with heels in public... most of the time I walk with my head down, looking to the ground...

That's something I need to improve...

Wow, I'm jealous! that's something I still can't do after of more than 15 years wearing heels in public... I would love to look at everyone in the eyes, but I'm super shy when I'm with heels in public... most of the time I walk with my head down, looking to the ground...

That's something I need to improve...

Greetings Ivan :-)

Nothing is more important than your attitude and confidence while wearing heels in public.

I'm sure others will notice you more if you don't appear to be confident.

Like you, I was also shy in the beginning and looking to the ground.

Now I walk with my head up and I don't hesitate to look at others.

Worst case: They will have a weird look in their face (which is quite rare)

Best case: They will look at you with a smile or no reaction at all.

One thing is sure: It is only in your head.

(Unless you are wearing pink stiletto heels in full view, of course...:blinkbigeyes:)

Good luck and happy heeling !

...The thing that bugs me the most is that not ENOUGH people notice...

Greetings NF :-)

I think many people do notice but they prefer to remain neutral in their reaction.

How can someone not notice a guy wearing heels ? (Unless they are hidden)

The aforementioned "slippery surfaces", and the noise... I can handle the few odd looks... I think the odd looks are kind of funny in a "the joke's on you" kind of way...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I couldn't agree more about the perils of walking in heels on slick floors. As for the so-called odd looks, I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I couldn't agree more about the perils of walking in heels on slick floors. As for the so-called odd looks, I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

I totally agree with JeffB on the looks and comments. Beside slick surfaces, the occassional cracks in the pavement can be a little tricky to manuvre.

I know when I see a girl and she has high heels, 1st - I attracted to her, 2nd - I'm jealous of her. I don't think, man, I wonder if her feet are sore? I do always try to get a good look at her shoes, and if I am able, I give a complement. I wish I was at the point in my life where I could wear heels and skiny jeans instead of my long pants to hid my heels.

I would have to say that what bothers me most is the soreness after wearing heels too long. This is only a problem because I dont get to wear them often enough. Thanks for the thread and happy heeling to all.

ive worn heels in public many times and even though if anyone has said anything to me about them they have been compliments, i still worry about negative comments... But so far so good... but keep in mind all the heels ive worn have been platform boots...never had the guts to wear stiletto boots in public except for the fetish events ive attended...

What bothers me most... 1. The fact that only extremely few designers do high heels for men as fashion items (looking at the SS 10 and FW 10/11, there are even more skirts for men than heels :pulsingheart:). I guess that's my biggest concern. 2. Concern if my outfit looks overall good, balanced, and unique, so that i can proudly step on my heels. 3. Fear to slip or fall, or break or damage my heels. Or some other event that gives the public a perception that im not at all proficient with heels. My experience with high heels is still just about one and half years. 4. Im still not confident with some of my heels in public. With others, i'm fully confident. My confidence is increased a lot when i'm wearing these heels together with my wife. Then i perceive that i'm fully accepted and the public doesn't think that i'm a gay (nothing against gays :blinkbigeyes:) Happy Heeling k6ps

I find that walking in high heels is more tiring than walking in flats and the exertion is proportional to the heel height. I’m generally exhausted after being out in 5” stilettos for several hours. A long time ago I was bothered that people would notice I was wearing boots, now it bothers me when they don’t. I am also bothered by the lack of larger sized heeled footware in the stores. :blinkbigeyes:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

II am also bothered by the lack of larger sized heeled footware in the stores.

Now THERE'S something that bothers me no end. The selection of size 13 shoes in Payless stores has been steadily shrinking, mainstream shops and department stores rarely go beyond 12 while most Internet sites sell primarily fetish shoes in larger sizes, I'm talking stuff I wouldn't wear in private, never mind in public. Highly frustrating!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!