Alexander McQueen Is Dead!

pussyinboots

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

This was the first piece of news I found--right before checking my email. It really shocked and saddened me. It's strange because a few days ago, I was going through my closet and checking and rearranging things. I was looking at my McQueen boots and thinking, wow I was so lucky to get them on ebay...they are just about my most gorgeous pairs: I have one that is over the knee w/ studs, one that laces up the front and another that laces up the back. (They were great bargains too...) Every time I've worn them, I've gotten many looks and compliments. I haven't had the fortune to buy any of his clothes, probably because I don't have many opportunities to wear them (or at least now)--but I admire his combination of the vintage-y and avant-garde (although I guess no one does this like the Brits!): this was a man who knew all about great cuts and superb fabrics. Who can resist leather and tweed in bright colors? His death is doubly tragic if he did indeed commit suicide on account of his grief over his mother's passing. I can only imagine that he probably felt overwhelmed by that and the fact that he hadn't done the London shows for a few years.

I know that he was a fashion designer but, other than that, what about him is significant? (Although I have heard of him, I don't really know anything about him.) (Dis KH know him?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I too was enormously saddened. The McQueen boutique in Manhattan's meat packing district (still named though there are hardly any meatpackers left) was always a favorite spot to browse. His sense of color and over the top theatrics made him special. He will be missed. -MJ

Right now I don't care about the fact that he was a great designer.. All I care about is that he was a person just like us, that obviously went through a lot of pain. A pain that in the end became unbearable. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. It's not easy being the one left behind with all the pain, agony and questions that'll never get answered. :blinkbigeyes: Rest In Peace Lee

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com